Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk, Povetkin To Take Interim Fights In Lieu of Direct Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    He won his last fight
    I forgot he fought on the Whyte Chisora undercard I stand corrected

Still meh...

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      It isn't DAZN's fault. Povetkin wanted an interim fight, Usyk wanted to do it next. Povetkin vs Hunter isn't a bad fight though.
      Well f#ck. I'd have assumed Usyk's side wanted more time. Or DAZN was milking this situation a lil more.

This could backfire hugely on Povetkin. Guy is too old for warmup fights. Never a fan of this sorta sh^t for older cats when any fight could be your last.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Well f#ck. I'd have assumed Usyk's side wanted more time. Or DAZN was milking this situation a lil more.

This could backfire hugely on Povetkin. Guy is too old for warmup fights. Never a fan of this sorta sh^t for older cats when any fight could be your last.
        I agree. Michael Hunter is no joke, if thats who he is fighting.

Comment

I am... okay with this, I guess? Takem has put everything into his performances and forced fighters to work to beat him, and I actually listed him as a good fight for Usyk for his first at HW right after Bellew. He will at least test Usyk and make him earn his first HW win. It is just after really warming up to a Povetkin rumble which was winnable but also very dangerous, it almost seems like a let down.

Once all the information becomes official, I will be interested I am sure. I still may road trip to Chicago for this. Be a fun time live to see Usyk, who I have championed for years.

Be feel. Be very feel.

Comment

An interim fight before a fight for no title?

Why not have an interim fight before the interim fight before the fight? Or... (could go on and on...)

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
              Quick, somebody wake up David Price

Comment

Booooooooooooooooooo

Boxing is a joke. And when is DAZN going to put together a regular top flight schedule? 2030? The "we just started" excuse was good for last year, and first 3 months of this year. Not the summer too. If DAZN can't deliver Kovalev vs Bivol for summer if Bivol beats Smith, or some sort of BIG Bivol fight (Canelo, Gvozdyk, Callum, even Marcus I guess. Jack NO LONGER INTERESTING so don't even try that one DAZN!!), then what are they even doing in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  An interim fight before a fight for no title?

Why not have an interim fight before the interim fight before the fight? Or... (could go on and on...)
                  Povetkin was supposed to be interim fight for Usyk but Povetkin needs interim fight before Usyk I am expecting Hunter to request interim fight before Povetkin

Comment

Guess Povetkin's team wants to maximize his chances... shows that they believe in their man. Frankly Povetkin as the first HW fight for Usyk seemed too good to be true anyway.

Comment

I think this is a smart business decision. Hearn is not stupid. Having a great Ukraine vs Russia rivalry in Chicago is kind of stupid. Beyond that, Povetkin has been continually training and needs to fight very soon.

Usyk should fight Takam, and put someone in for Povetkin.

THEN, this will be a MEGA fight in Russia.

Comment

Working...
                      X