Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: AJ is Best Heavyweight, Wilder is Worst Champ of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    Wilder the worst ever? What an idiot. Clearly he's doing Hearn's dirty work.

All of the following are significantly worse than Wilder:
    - John Ruiz
    - Shannon Briggs
    - Ruslan Chagaev
    - Leon Spinks
    - Primera Carnera
    None of them are actually worse than Wilder. They are all technically better. If you think otherwise, you really should never make comment again on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Worse than jack sharkey? Primo carnera? Marvin hart? Tommy burns? Greg page? Tony turns? Mike Weaver? Henry akwinwande? Tommy Morrison? Michael bent? Francesco Damiani? Herbie Hide? Oliver McCall? Frank Bruno? I could go on and on....this scouse idiot just proved he knows nothing about the actual history of the heavyweight division
      And you just proved you didn't even read the piece. Which makes you an even bigger idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nusky View Post
        Yet Aj still hasn't fought him and probably never will due to his extreme cowardice...
        Tell me exactly what you don't like about the offer that Wilder has waiting for him?

Only psycho nationalists would call AJ the coward when it's very clear to anyone with a brain and a pair of eyes who the real coward is. It's the guy who has ducked the divisions top guys his whole career and fought nothing but 39 bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
          Btw
          Who did Wilder beat?
          Oh yea 38 bums
          One 48yr old Ortiz
          Draw with Tyson Fury in first comeback fight after 2 yrs
          What a resume!!!
          Lololol
          *yawns*

Anther DAZN employee on here trying to change the narrative!

Look, DAZN is beasting right now but let’s not forget AJ will have to step it up eventually!

Wilder fought Ortiz and Fury while AJ is fighting..... who? A former kickboxer who’s obese! Nice one, yeah AJ is really showing how it’s done!

Go on, tell us how AJ has the best resume around! Tell us how he got his title shot and who he beat to get it!

Come on tell us, was it the legendary Charles Martin or was it the super dangerous Joseph Parker?

Ortiz is 48 years old? Yet AJ doesn’t want to fight him and hasn’t!

Will AJ fight Fury? Doubt it, doesn’t want to be taken to school!

Does AJ want to fight Wilder? We been thru that, if a man won’t fight another man for 50 million guaranteed plus upside then he’ll never fight him!

AJ vs Pulev is next and I’m sure you’re ecstatic bout it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            These Brits r some weird dudes, seems like once they retire, they have no graciousness and start casually and randomly thrashing other fighters.
            Are you saying American fighters active or retired, don't give their opinions that are way worse than this? I can assure you there are plenty.

Bellew would have been asked questions so gave his answers. He didn't just come out with it. Anyway, he wasn't saying Wilder was the worst champ in history. He was saying he has the worse technical skills for any Heavyweight champion.

Maybe read things in future before you comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              I think Wilder has really improved the last few years. If he was so terrible Fury or Ortiz should have boxed circles around him and KOed him. Fury was starting to outbox him but still got caught twice. Ortiz was outboxing him and had him hurt but Wilder dropped him a few times and stopped him.

I'm not even a Wilder fan but if all he had was the big punch why can't these other great boxers take him to school and beat him easily? It's because he is better than people give him credit for.
              What???? Both Fury and Ortiz were beating Wilder on points quite handily. Ortiz then gassed out and Wilder capitalised on it. Fury had just come from obesity and a 3 year drink and drug binge but still managed to beat Wilder whilst at 50% of his best. So they did outbox him.

And would they need to knock Wilder out to prove he was technically s5it? Your chin and skills are two completely different areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
                Martin sold his belt to hern so Joshua could win an easy title
                No, AJ actually had to beat him to take the title. Nothing is just handed to you.

But the WBC did hand Wilder an easy touch to become mandatory. Chisora should have been the one to fight it out but Wilder had already ducked him on Twitter, so the WBC and Haymon made sure it was someone weak and ****ed him over. That weakling was Malik Scott who had just lost to Chisora.

That is what you call protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                  Funny,, "the perfect role model he seems like a fkn actor to me",, it's the British way, act like Prince Charming and kiss the Public's ass and be afraid to be yourself.
                  Would you like to share with us the evidence on who AJ really is then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                    *yawns*

Anther DAZN employee on here trying to change the narrative!

Look, DAZN is beasting right now but let’s not forget AJ will have to step it up eventually!

Wilder fought Ortiz and Fury while AJ is fighting..... who? A former kickboxer who’s obese! Nice one, yeah AJ is really showing how it’s done!

Go on, tell us how AJ has the best resume around! Tell us how he got his title shot and who he beat to get it!

Come on tell us, was it the legendary Charles Martin or was it the super dangerous Joseph Parker?

Ortiz is 48 years old? Yet AJ doesn’t want to fight him and hasn’t!

Will AJ fight Fury? Doubt it, doesn’t want to be taken to school!

Does AJ want to fight Wilder? We been thru that, if a man won’t fight another man for 50 million guaranteed plus upside then he’ll never fight him!

AJ vs Pulev is next and I’m sure you’re ecstatic bout it!
                    AJ won't fight him but he's sending big offers over to Deontay? Hearn doesn't want it but he's the one trying to set up meetings so they can negotiate but Finkle point blank refuses?

You're so sick in the head and deluded. You know everything you write is nothing but straight lies. But you're brutally insecure and an egomaniac who can't handle the truth. You sad, pathetic little drip. What you're doing is creepy, I hope you know that. Freak.

Comment

• Originally posted by sege64 View Post
                      Good post. I agree Wilder has improved, judging distance, setting up his right hand.
                      But no one mentions it, but Fury also had him in big trouble (end of 1st or 2nd round, and 12th after he got up off the canvas).
                      After seeing the Fury fight I now believe the hype about his punch, I believe he could potentially KO anyone in the division, and he's been training hard on being very cagey and defensive and getting into position to land that right hand. He doesn't really do anything else, hence dropping rounds constantly. But his right hand is real, and people don't want to get hit with it!
                      Wilder is a real glass cannon. I seriously doubt his ability to take a punch, his boxing is virtually non existent, but he is basically looking to KO you every minute of every round! haha!
                      I think Breazeale has a good chance of KO'ing him, Whyte and Parker probably would, AJ definitely would. In other words, he's on borrowed time.
                      The exciting thing is, he could potentially knock any of those guys out himself if he got lucky or they got sloppy.

Also, none of these guys are 'great' boxers. AJ is just the best of a weak division, but he could be great in time if he keeps developing.
                      I hear ya man. He would have that puncher's chance against anyone.

I didn't see Ortiz's last fight but I have always actually been impressed with his boxing skills. I know he isn't exactly in his prime anymore, and maybe isn't the same if he is off PEDs, but I still think that was a good win. Fury can box too but I think he is a little bit more of a showman than a great boxer, maybe we agree on that. But he is big and awkward and hard to look good against.

I will say I was impressed with Wilder's ability to hang in there against Ortiz and weather the storm, and then come back and close the show. I think he definitely has heart and not every fighter has that.

I felt the first 6 against Fury were pretty close..Fury was outlanding him by a couple punches a round probably but there was very little action and Wilder was landing the bigger shots. But they were all like 7 little punches for Fury to 5 decent shots for Wilder. Fury did start to outbox him pretty well in the last 6 but that's also where the KDs came. I'm thinking Fury was uncomfortable in the first 6, then started to get a little more comfortable, and then too comfortable, in the last 6.

For me Ortiz was clearly outboxing him pretty much throughout other than the KDs, but again I rate Ortiz pretty high as a boxer so hanging in well enough against him and then scoring the KO, I gotta give Wilder some credit there.

For the most part I like AJ as a boxer and I do think AJ outboxed Wlad better than Fury. I thought there was just a lot of inaction in the Wlad/Fury fight, whereas the AJ fight I had AJ winning the first 5 rounds and then he did stop Wlad. But he looked shaky when he got caught. I just don't know how AJ's chin will hold up if and when Wilder lands. But I would love to see what happens. I guess we will see what all these guys are made of the in the next couple years.

Comment

Working...
                      X