Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: AJ is Best Heavyweight, Wilder is Worst Champ of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    Fury is arguably the most technically sound yet hes in no rush to face Wilder again, so saying Wilder is the worst HW Champ of all time is a stretch when he'd probably beat a lot of the former Champs in their prime. Sometimes awkwardness and unpredictability can trump technical ability...
    So you're giving credit to Wilder for what OTHER champions achieved in their own era based on Wilder could defeat them ?lol

Get some sleep come back and explain that one with intelligence please ,id like to hear it.

Keep a reminder im going ask you what former champs jumped at opponents out of boxing for 3 years and still lose and ones that reportedly take on 48 year olds that also fail pre fight physical exams and still being saved by the bell with stalling shennanigans in between that round to buy some time to clear Wilders head ? And these are the easy questions. lol

Comment

Last I remember is Bellew talking very big until he met wilder and immediately poured water on the fight after realising how big the guy is.
      Not the guy to be talking **** about him

Comment

These Brits r some weird dudes, seems like once they retire, they have no graciousness and start casually and randomly thrashing other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Wilder is not that great but he's better than John Ruiz,Mike Weaver, Leon Spinks, John Tate , Oliver Mc Call , Roy Jones at heavy only , Chris Byrd , Valuve that big Russian those are the ones off my head who are worse than Wilder
          oliver Mccall wouod knock wilder clean out ,....wilder would not make a dent in his iron chin and also mike weaver had far more techical abilty that him ....so did roy jones and ruiz....take that punch away and wilder has nothing.
          Bad balance , terrible coordination ,cannot out a combination together , no left hand.
          Wilder is appaling techical boxer and thats what bellew is talking about

Comment

Company man talking from the safety of the company, remind me who did Bellew beat?

Oh yes, David “The Handicapper” Haye twice, lost to Prime Cleverly, and got starched by Stevenson!

He won his only title by the weakest champ in the division!

People don’t understand how much of an opportunist Team AJ is until they understand that AJ told Wilder he rather fight in the UK for less money but is fighting Big Bastard Miller in the US!

Comment

He’s not lying though, in terms of technique Wilder is probably the worst ever. Bellew was talking strictly in terms of technique.

Comment

It's easy to talk trash from a safe distance. Bellend was terrified of Wilder when they met in real life.

Deontay is not a technical marvel but for sure he's better than John Ruiz.

Comment

I think Wilder has really improved the last few years. If he was so terrible Fury or Ortiz should have boxed circles around him and KOed him. Fury was starting to outbox him but still got caught twice. Ortiz was outboxing him and had him hurt but Wilder dropped him a few times and stopped him.

I'm not even a Wilder fan but if all he had was the big punch why can't these other great boxers take him to school and beat him easily? It's because he is better than people give him credit for.

Comment

I agree with the Wilder statement, not the aj one, I think Tyson fury is the best

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      I think Wilder has really improved the last few years. If he was so terrible Fury or Ortiz should have boxed circles around him and KOed him. Fury was starting to outbox him but still got caught twice. Ortiz was outboxing him and had him hurt but Wilder dropped him a few times and stopped him.

I'm not even a Wilder fan but if all he had was the big punch why can't these other great boxers take him to school and beat him easily? It's because he is better than people give him credit for.
                      Good post. I agree Wilder has improved, judging distance, setting up his right hand.
                      But no one mentions it, but Fury also had him in big trouble (end of 1st or 2nd round, and 12th after he got up off the canvas).
                      After seeing the Fury fight I now believe the hype about his punch, I believe he could potentially KO anyone in the division, and he's been training hard on being very cagey and defensive and getting into position to land that right hand. He doesn't really do anything else, hence dropping rounds constantly. But his right hand is real, and people don't want to get hit with it!
                      Wilder is a real glass cannon. I seriously doubt his ability to take a punch, his boxing is virtually non existent, but he is basically looking to KO you every minute of every round! haha!
                      I think Breazeale has a good chance of KO'ing him, Whyte and Parker probably would, AJ definitely would. In other words, he's on borrowed time.
                      The exciting thing is, he could potentially knock any of those guys out himself if he got lucky or they got sloppy.

Also, none of these guys are 'great' boxers. AJ is just the best of a weak division, but he could be great in time if he keeps developing.

Comment

Working...
                      X