No announcement yet.

Is Usyk still going to clear out heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Wasn't a big puncher at Cruiserweight so he won't be a puncher at Heavyweight either
    True.

We know he can box. But we also know he can be hit.

So it comes down to his chin. I can see him beating Povetkin and other smaller heavies but the big boys will have too much in their shots.

Strangely though it might be the biggest guy that would be the most interesting fight for him. Usyk trying to get inside Fury's jab, Fury trying to outbox a better boxer than he would usually face at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      No way he beats Fury. It's just too much of a size and skill disparity. Fury is a spoiler. If they were the same size, Fury's defense would make him a tight favorite.
      Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Probably not big enough for it but I’m sure he’s going to try and that’s what’s exciting. Skill wise Fury seems like an insurmountable task of size and skill but hey, dude is too good for men his size. War Usyk on the basis of him trying
      Holy s**t. Are you both serious? Usyk is far more skilled than Fury. This is one of those times when YDKSAB is appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
        Usyk is great. He's seriously talented and seems to be a good guy, who doesn't take things too seriously and likes to have a laugh.

He could easily have continued at cruiserweight and become the best ever in that weightclass - because the really excellent cruisers always seem to end up at heavyweight, fighting for much bigger paychecks. If he bucked that trend, he could have gone down as the greatest cruiserweight in history. Or he could have got beaten. Who knows?

He is more skilled that Fury, AJ or Wilder. But he's significantly smaller, and he doesn't have a huge punch either. How will he cope with Wilder's power, when Wilder just walks through Usyk's punches in order to land his own? How will he cope with Fury's awkwardness? How will he cope with AJ's smoldering good looks?

I wish him luck, and I hope he gets some good paydays. But I don't know if I can see him even winning a legit belt in the ring at heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          The way he's been talked up as being able to defeat the champions at HW and how poorly he looked against Bellew, yes.
          Most people on this forum are giving him zero chance Vs Fury, Josh, Wilder.
          Just looking in this thread, so you are making bullsht up.

Typical ward bum sniffers talk

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            You find uncontroversial facts to be funny?

Ok, that's nice.

If you want to go on record as saying that your honest opinion, which you will stake your entire reputation on, is that Tyson Fury is a more skillful boxer than Usyk, please do so. I'll pop that shit in my sig block.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              lol he was losing rounds to him, Bellew was hitting him clean all night. Like I said, when Szpilka landed like 4 clean punches the entire fight the haters went crazy "Wilder exposed!" but when Usyk was getting nailed repeatedly against Bellew and others nobody said ****.
              Nobody said **** about that because it never happened!

Bellew shaded maybe 4 of the first 6 rounds but he was in overdrive doing it while Usyk was still in second gear, harrassing and pressuring him till he started coming apart.

And Szpilka, btw, is a C level cruiserweight who would be lucky to go 5 rounds with either Usyk or Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by djif View Post
                People who think he has chances in hw - did you see this pic?

Account from 2004? Wow.

Yeah, Usyk looks like their little brother

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  He will weigh in at HW at 210 or so. Wilder weighed in at 212 vs Fury. So why would Usyk be "weak" at 212 and be "bullied" by HW's when Wilder is fine at the same weight?
                  size..........

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    No way he beats Fury. It's just too much of a size and skill disparity. Fury is a spoiler. If they were the same size, Fury's defense would make him a tight favorite.

Now, when Usyk packs on +20 pounds, I'm sure he works Wilder and Joshua. They'll always be dangerous, but there's levels to this game.
                    Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                    True.

We know he can box. But we also know he can be hit.

So it comes down to his chin. I can see him beating Povetkin and other smaller heavies but the big boys will have too much in their shots.

Strangely though it might be the biggest guy that would be the most interesting fight for him. Usyk trying to get inside Fury's jab, Fury trying to outbox a better boxer than he would usually face at heavyweight.
                    Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Probably not big enough for it but I’m sure he’s going to try and that’s what’s exciting. Skill wise Fury seems like an insurmountable task of size and skill but hey, dude is too good for men his size. War Usyk on the basis of him trying
                    Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Ok, that's nice.

If you want to go on record as saying that your honest opinion, which you will stake your entire reputation on, is that Tyson Fury is a more skillful boxer than Usyk, please do so. I'll pop that shit in my sig block.
                    I saw an interview with Usyk where he said that, out of all the top HWs, Fury would be the most difficult for him to beat.

IMO, if Usyk moves up he will join Fury as one of the two trickiest and most skillful HWs of the present era, and that includes Lewis and the Klit bros. Though obviously, neither Usyk nor Fury don't have anything like as much power as those three.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 02-24-2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Ok, that's nice.

Add it to your sig in a heart beat, I'll back that one up any day boyo.

I hope Usyk is serious about his campaign at HW because Fury will send him out on a stretcher.

Comment

Working...
                      X