Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    I don't remember: did Fury donate his purse money or not?........................................
    It was reported that he donated his entire purse ($7m). Make of the reports what you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I understand, I too don’t believe he made more than 8million dollars for his last fight, am going by the 14m dollars that his fangirls are throwing around. If he indeed made 14m dollars then no way would be accept 4m dollars for this interim fight.
      Even if he did make 14m for Fury which in no way he did. But even if he did, making 4m for tomato can fight is way more than reasonable.

Wilders is an idiot for not getting that essy fast money.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Lets say Ł100 pouns shall we ?
        Bet.

How are we going to make sure that the money actually gets put up? No idea what your history is, but folks here have a habit of not acknowledging, nevermind paying off, bets that they lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
          ortiz is a non draw but you keep believing it won't even do 100k plus wilder could very well lose. that's pie in the sky non sense you pond scum.
          Ortiz doesn't have to be a draw; all he has to do I be seen as viable, and he's beyond viable.

Deontay Wilder will carry the show.

The scale is different, but Floyd followed a similar arc; the moment he got the Gatti fight with the Judah set-up fight not really counting, every opponent that Floyd stepped in with had a value in being their. Whether Floyd was giving up size/speed, the opponent was coming in on a roll and after a great performance or whatever, Floyd needed that for his events. Berto basically wasn't viable, and the result showed.

Logic outweighs your attempt at a disparaging comment

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            The Ortiz rematch is PPV ? How many PPV's has Ortiz generated ? no one even knows Ortiz outside Barclays like Wilder to generate significant numbers. Ortiz will be a PPV next but that's because he will fight Joshua most likely. how old will you guys claim he is then? Ha

You talk as if Wilders going to snatch up PPVs now when he has only Fury available for that. He's not very bright if he doesn't take the ESPN deal and fight on the App.

Joyce and Kownacki aren't PPV either. Wilder wont even see Joyce because that cant happen until 2021. you guys really need to calculate time frames and consider the fact he may not be the champion ,that's a long way for him to avoid guys..
            Wilder-Ortiz 2, with the attention that the Fury PPV brought (and the heat that will come from Fury walking away from 50/50 on the rematch), a stellar performance in March by Ortiz on Showtime, and a great win by Wilder in May on Showtime/CBS or FOX, will likely top the 325k PPV buys that Wilder-Fury did, but that's not the point.

250k PPV buys is basically $10m for the US TV. The ITV deal is worth however much to the pot (honestly have no idea where to look for a guess at the ITV value, but the 5 biggest stars currently under the PBC banner are Pacquiao, SpenceJr, Wilder, Mikey, and arguably Danny/Thurman/Tank). And Wilder's live event business continues to grow (strong ticket seller in Brooklyn, $3.5m at the gate in LA, who knows how much he/PBC are bringing with sponsors, and he's got another 4000 seats in his big building to work up to).

That's easily a $20m pot.

Joe Joyce is 33 years old, will be 34 in September; talk about not understanding time frames, lol.

Wilder-Breazeale looks to be the fight for May/June, the Ortiz rematch would follow that and likely happen between Nov-Jan 2020. Kownacki keeps handling his business (we might get Kownacki-Whyte booked, but let's hold off on that), and Wilder vs Kownacki in Brooklyn is another strong event.

Whyte likely is an option too at that point, but if Joshua and Fury are still on that BS, what would be wrong in seeing Wilder vs Joyce in the second half of 2020?

No idea where you're from, but pretty sure you're from somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
              Fury went to where the money was better and Wilder has little if any PPV draw without a real opponent on the other end.

For the record, Wilder couldn't fill an arena in England for free..
              Yet Eddie Hearn was ready to from $7m to host Wilder in the UK against Dillian Whyte. Yeah, alright.

Interested in seeing what Fury's money ends up looking like when he doesn't get the Wilder fight, doesn't get the Joshua fight, and his slate of ESPN fights starts with Tom Schwartz and Oscar Rivas as his first two US fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                Let me clarify.. Arum wants to bring Wilder, who is not signed to a promoter, to ESPN and have him fight the rematch with Fury in the fall on pay-per-view following interim bouts for both on ESPN+ this summer.

That's just a fact.
                Now, why would Deontay Wilder, the reigning and defending WBC heavyweight champion, give two fights to ESPN, for a rematch of a fight that he was already going to split 50/50 on PPV with Fury in the Spring (with a PPV number over 600k *****ing Joshua's UK business)?

Wilder may not be clued into everything, but he's definitely clued in to the business that involves him; why fight in front of 100k viewers (spitballing; no real guess at the reach of ESPN+) for basically the same money that he'd get from Showtime or FOX, and then defend HIS belt on a Top Rank card for less than 50% of the take (the scheme is obvious), when he could fight this May for that same money (over a million viewers on Showtime, and likely we'll over 2m viewers on FOX) and then have a PPV event in the second half of the year (Fury, Joshua, Ortiz are all viable, and Wilder likely sees 85/15 for the Ortiz rematch)?

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
                  But an AJ fight in the UK is financially more viable???

I know AJ is huge over here but I think you slightly underestimate Tyson pulling power too, and at a 80k capacity Old Trafford??

Looks to me like DW just didn't want to travel which makes me doubt any UK AJ potential fight too (unless he's forced maybe)

Probably one of the reasons for Fury moving to ESPN, more bargaining chips in the deal... makes perfect sense if you fear another robbery actually
                  The biggest pot that AJ has ever generated saw him split an alleged $42m with Wladimir Klitschko (give both guys credit for personal sponsorships and we're likely talking about $45m-$50m between the two of them.

Sky Box Office, live event at Wembley, Germany paying out the ass for the fight, Showtime/HBO putting up ~$4m for the US rights, etc.

$45m.

A million PPV buys in the US earns you $35m for the pot...

Even if you're counting backwards from the UK, Joshua bringing half the viewers in the UK for the Klitschko fight to purchase at 2am, and even $10m in proceeds from the live event (the number will be drastically higher), Wilder-Joshua doing even 700k buys crushes what would've been even possible in the UK.

Fury is a great boxer, an alright guy, and a great redemption story, but that Wilder fight was something else.

Fury went from being the man of his people, brash, confident and free to say, do, and act as he pleased because he was his own man, to not signing away his next 5 fights to Arum, but also now being a 6'9 270lb 'Manny Pacquiao', deffering all inquiries about HIS future to his promoter, lol.

Make sense of that if you can, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P Forever View Post
                    That's quit a phenomena here, kind of taken over the entire site. More talk about promoters and TV networks, then the fighters or fights them self's. I'm ok to agree to disagree but the weaseling and twisting of facts and down right lies & retarted behavior at times is disappointing.
                    Not sure I'm going to post on here much more. Its all posturing and manipulation. Some folks seem to know there boxing but is not really about boxing here.
                    I'm over the he said she said crap. Im a fan and want the best match ups. I'm also a realist and relies with the current structure quality match ups are harder and harder to line up.
                    People use to have there own opinion now its those Wilder fans suck, Hearn is so proper. Top Rank screwed us again thanx Bob etc.. What you think Mayweather is not TBE your a hater posing under an Alt account.
                    Some fool wrote they don't think Mayweather ever lost a single round as a pro! Sure and I have a nice shiny bridge to sell you. So bias they simply make up anything to push there point even if what they say is counter to there own point, all the while exposing themselves as an uneducated fools, that can't see anyone else's point of you cuz they know everything. So tuff on here with there weak ass insults. No unity what so ever in anyway it appears, just the way the powers that be want it. Transcended fully onto Boxing Scene.
                    I think many are here to meet a preset agenda that has everything to do with boxing politics and nothing to do with boxing. Sad, so sad ,a sign of the times. As some of us found out recently, CBS is the owner of Boxing Scene, so go figure.
                    Espn playing, Skipper and DAZN via last min cancellation of Joshua/ Miller interviews. Are they playing Dazn or them self. Ill keep a eye out for that Robbie fellow I've heard his name mentioned before. Just waiting for someone to start posting as Elisa Lam on here, won't surprised me.
                    Try the History section. And there are some good posters around, but generally the history section is a little more quality posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Your post has zero relevance to the topic or my post, where in the discussions did anyone claim Wilder has to accept a five fights deal with Arum? So claim someone is trying to spin something when no one was but you.

Again if the offer was a good offer with no string attached or no options on Wilder next fights then as a “Free agent” Wilder should take it and fight Fury on ESPN like Fury did when he fought Wilder as a “Free agent” on Showtime who were backing Wilder.
                      Again, it's not an offer with no strings attached.

Even if you want to try and argue that Kevin Idec is full of **** and making the entire story up (which is not his reputation in the slightest), Bob Arum is currently trying to take a straight-away rematch and instead, bind Wilder to delivering him an interim fight on ESPN+ this Spring before a likely PPV fight in the Fall (if Arum thinks its marinated enough by that point) with Wilder on less than 50% of the take, lol.

In the last 20 years, when has Bob Arum delivered a straight-up fight on anything?

Yet, you expect that to change now?

Comment

Working...
                      X