Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the answer? What is so "dubious" about Fury's decision?

The title itself sounded like Fury is already the bad guy here. The bad guy who saved Finkel and Wilder the humiliation of having to fight another bum for less than $2 mil after turning down multiple belts and $15 mil.

Again, Fury doesn't owe anyone a damn thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      You're confusing a proposal with a deal or contract. Arum said Wilder could have the rematch next. Wheather he accepts the offer is optional , that offer isn't disclosed and said any news on it is fake as is the Fury money. So you guys are just spreading false news as I stated yesterday. Finkel said he would look it over , if he doesn't know what it entailed as of yesterday how do you ? Ha
      Don’t quote Arum and make it seem like it should be looked as true when he’s talking about a fighter of his. He’s on record saying boxing fans are the dumbest of sports fans and that he was lying yesterday but today he’s telling the truth

I wonder why Arum would say publicly that Wilder has a option to have the rematch next if he wanted them send a contract to Wilder with the details being anything but that. M

I don’t know maybe it’s a stretch to think a promoter who just signed a fighter to his company, who held secret negotiations and just ran away from a highly anticipated rematch to take place in May with terms that are more then fair and the winner leaving no doubt that he is among the best 2 in the division

but instead chose to go and fight probably mostly 2nd and 3rd tier HWs instead for years . Arum will of course try and save face and Fury’s reputation in public because fighters that are looked at as running away from a challenge usually isn’t respected in the sport among fans or media even if it isn’t the case. But this time it actually looks like that’s the case. Why wouldnt Arum risk signing fury and set up a immediate rematch with no futures on Wilder. If Arum did and Fury got KOd and Wilder could just walk back over with Fury’s scalp back to the PBC leaving Arum to try and build up Fury stock that just took a massive hit for his remaining 4 fights. That doesn’t seem like a option Arum would ever consider. I’m sure I’ll be proven wrong and Arum is diligently working on that immediate Fury / Wilder rematch with no futures on Wilder

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Don’t quote Arum and make it seem like it should be looked as true when he’s talking about a fighter of his. He’s on record saying boxing fans are the dumbest of sports fans and that he was lying yesterday but today he’s telling the truth

I wonder why Arum would say publicly that Wilder has a option to have the rematch next if he wanted them send a contract to Wilder with the details being anything but that. M

I don’t know maybe it’s a stretch to think a promoter who just signed a fighter to his company, who held secret negotiations and just ran away from a highly anticipated rematch to take place in May with terms that are more then fair and the winner leaving no doubt that he is among the best 2 in the division

but instead chose to go and fight probably mostly 2nd and 3rd tier HWs instead for years . Arum will of course try and save face and Fury’s reputation in public because fighters that are looked at as running away from a challenge usually isn’t respected in the sport among fans or media even if it isn’t the case. But this time it actually looks like that’s the case. Why wouldnt Arum risk signing fury and set up a immediate rematch with no futures on Wilder. If Arum did and Fury got KOd and Wilder could just walk back over with Fury’s scalp back to the PBC leaving Arum to try and build up Fury stock that just took a massive hit for his remaining 4 fights. That doesn’t seem like a option Arum would ever consider. I’m sure I’ll be proven wrong and Arum is diligently working on that immediate Fury / Wilder rematch with no futures on Wilder
        Finkel confirmed what Arum said. The proposal is not known to the public so you haven't a clue what your rambling about ,a 5 fight deal that Wilder needs to sign? Ha

In one instance you use Arums words and in another he's not telling the truth, you're all over the place. Take a sedative and wait for Finkels media response ,.You have a habit putting your foot in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          So what's the answer? What is so "dubious" about Fury's decision?

The title itself sounded like Fury is already the bad guy here. The bad guy who saved Finkel and Wilder the humiliation of having to fight another bum for less than $2 mil after turning down multiple belts and $15 mil.

Again, Fury doesn't owe anyone a damn thing.
          Yeah, I don't get it either.
          They talk about Fury owing fans the rematch.
          Since when did these clowns care about what fans want?
          Deontay didn't. All he cared about is his retirement pay.
          3 title shots and the chance to be king of the division didn't even motivate him.
          Yes, the guy who feasted on bums most of his entire career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Well let’s see what happens next, I just don’t think he would accept monies that low anymore. After tasting the good life with the Fury fight he was already calling himself the A-side in the HW division (Deluded I know).
            Dude you acting like he made 10+ million for the fury fight. His guarantee for the Fury fight was only 4 million. So 4 million to fight a lower caliber fighter is great and very more than reasonable. He’d be ****** not to take an offer like that.

Comment

• I don't remember: did Fury donate his purse money or not?........................................

Comment

The 5 fight contract hasn't been established it was a 3 fight one according to Arum so again the article has holes in it and went on nothing but hearsay. It wouldn't matter read my previous post . You keep saying the same thing over and over of having to sign a 5 fight deal to fight Fury as though it you keep saying it , it will be true ? Ha
                Did you even read the article fat dan from ESPN WROTE on offer arum sent to Finkel? It doesn’t say no “hey you don’t have to agree to five fight deal to get fury rematch next”.... It states it’s a five fight offer with the rematch possibly taking place in the fall, idk why I even keep responding to your attempts at trolling when 3 reliable sources have confirmed the offer arum sent to wilder. Pugimire, Idec, and Rafael

Comment

The 5 fight contract hasn't been established it was a 3 fight one according to Arum so again the article has holes in it and went on nothing but hearsay. It wouldn't matter read my previous post . You keep saying the same thing over and over of having to sign a 5 fight deal to fight Fury as though it you keep saying it , it will be true ? Ha
                  Did you even read the article fat dan from ESPN WROTE on offer arum sent to Finkel? It doesn’t say no “hey you don’t have to agree to five fight deal to get fury rematch next”.... It states it’s a five fight offer with the rematch possibly taking place in the fall, idk why I even keep responding to your attempts at trolling when 3 reliable sources have confirmed the offer arum sent to wilder. Pugimire, Idec, and Rafael with Finkel even reporting it’s true and going sit down with wilder and rest of team and go over it

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    If Shelly can negotiate it, Wilder can do a one off free agent fight on ESPN. They already fought on Showtime and ESPN will pay more.

That sword cuts both ways.
                    Yeah as long as they don’t put options on Wilder then why not. But I doubt Arum would do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
                      Dude you acting like he made 10+ million for the fury fight. His guarantee for the Fury fight was only 4 million. So 4 million to fight a lower caliber fighter is great and very more than reasonable. He’d be ****** not to take an offer like that.
                      I understand, I too don’t believe he made more than 8million dollars for his last fight, am going by the 14m dollars that his fangirls are throwing around. If he indeed made 14m dollars then no way would be accept 4m dollars for this interim fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X