Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    Let me clarify.. Arum wants to bring Wilder, who is not signed to a promoter, to ESPN and have him fight the rematch with Fury in the fall on pay-per-view following interim bouts for both on ESPN+ this summer.

That's just a fact.
    Yep!!

As now pointed out several times in this thread by more than one individual.

The only facts regarding the contract are, interim fights & fall rematch on PPV

The rest at the minute can't even be described as conjecture as that's the only source?

so BS article appears BS

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      The article states, pretty clearly I might add, that Arum's offer to Wilder was for an interim fight on ESPN+, the Fury rematch on ESPN PPV, two tickover fights, and another Fury fight on ESPN PPV.

Since the Top Rank deal came out of nowhere, Arum has talked up the May date being of no consequence (staging a May PPV after his April PPV flops likely wasn't something ESPN was ready to do), Fury still needing to get his proper value (when we now know that Fury was looking at a 50/50 share on the rematch with the WBC champion), the rematch still needing more time to build up (while also just so happening to deliver two more of those owed ESPN+ dates with good fighters), and also about how much money ESPN has (as if Showtime/CBS was skimping on money).

Fury signed over his next 5 fights to Top Rank (on a 2US/1UK rotation, we may end up with 4 US fights for Tyson Fury on the deal).

If you have an article where Arum states that he's sent an offer to have the rematch next, share it.
      Your post has zero relevance to the topic or my post, where in the discussions did anyone claim Wilder has to accept a five fights deal with Arum? So claim someone is trying to spin something when no one was but you.

Again if the offer was a good offer with no string attached or no options on Wilder next fights then as a “Free agent” Wilder should take it and fight Fury on ESPN like Fury did when he fought Wilder as a “Free agent” on Showtime who were backing Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Gotta make lemonade, man.
        Cost of Fury walking away from 50/50 on the rematch.
        I haven’t seen anywhere with 50/50, I have seen 60/40 in favour of the WBC champ but no where is reporting 50/50. You can post that if it’s around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          PBC is not a person you would have to be ****** to think CBS/showtime and FOX would give multi-year 9 figure contract to organization that doesn't have the fighters
          Really? How much clearer does it have to get? Wilder said he is not obligated to a network.

Are you saying Wilder is a liar? How far back does that go, was Wilder also lying about the offer to Joshua?

Wilder deserves the benefit of the doubt...no?

Comment

Really? How much clearer does it have to get? Wilder said he is not obligated to a network.

Are you saying Wilder is a liar? How far back does that go, was Wilder also lying about the offer to Joshua?

Wilder deserves the benefit of the doubt...no?
            Wilder is not obligated to network he is not signed to showtime wilder is obligated to PBC hence why he fights on PBC cards on showtime and why he fought on PBC card on Fox

Here is the list of PBC fighters
            https://www.premierboxingchampions.com/fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Your post has zero relevance to the topic or my post, where in the discussions did anyone claim Wilder has to accept a five fights deal with Arum? So claim someone is trying to spin something when no one was but you.

Again if the offer was a good offer with no string attached or no options on Wilder next fights then as a “Free agent” Wilder should take it and fight Fury on ESPN like Fury did when he fought Wilder as a “Free agent” on Showtime who were backing Wilder.
              If Shelly can negotiate it, Wilder can do a one off free agent fight on ESPN. They already fought on Showtime and ESPN will pay more.

That sword cuts both ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Wilder is not obligated to network he is not signed to showtime wilder is obligated to PBC hence why he fights on PBC cards on showtime and why he fought on PBC card on Fox

Here is the list of PBC fighters
                https://www.premierboxingchampions.com/fighters
                So you are saying Wilder is a liar. How far back does that go, was there ever an offer to Joshua?

Comment

So you are saying Wilder is a liar. How far back does that go, was there ever an offer to Joshua?
                  You didn't know Wilder was a PBC fighter?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzTmWrBHphg

Interesting Warren interview from 3 weeks ago

At the time hoping for the deal signed the week after, says 50/50 split wasn't the issue and also that Tyson will travel.

Seems there were other "issue" as Frank said which were problematic

Maybe judges? ref? exact venue? rematch clauses?? does not appear to be a 3rd party (espn) problem more a negotiations "issue" as he says

Wilder still cooking?? He should of been a chef not a fighter

EDIT - Just seen last nights ESPN show with Tyson/Max, seems like he wants Fury v Wilder and not Wilder v Fury again
                    Suppose anyone who holds the lineal championship in any regard can understand that, i'm not 100% convinced but Tyson sure is
                    Last edited by leeroy84; 02-23-2019, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Why would Fury be fearful? We all saw Fury make Wilder look ****** for 12 rounds.
                      We also all saw Fury lay lifeless and unconscious for until the count of 6 ( when almost every referee excluding Reiss would have ended the fight ; If I’m wrong Please show me some examples of fights with fighters unconscious and having the ref continue counting from 7-10 before ending it)

Maybe Fury’s having his soul tempory leave his body and get cracked like never before made Fury realize that even as the superior boxer there’s a good chance he gets cracked like that again in the rematch and next time probably not get up to beat the count, I reasonable way to think Fury’s lost some of his confidence since appears to have avoided a rematch
                      With a 50/50’split and the winner being unquestionably one of the top 2 HWs at the moment . Fighters that get dropped like that often don’t have the same bravado and self belief afterwards. There cant be any other explanation for Fury not wanting the rematch.Because If He waited until after the rematch to sign he’d have more leverage if he won, wouldn’t lose much face if he lost but was a great fight really the only way his stock plummets significantly is he ends up KOd on the canvas lifeless.

Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
                      OK, great, i'm glad you got that off your chest

now be rational and think about what you've just said

I don't discredit the author, i just suggest the intentions might be slightly bias and maybe influenced..Show me another credible source, that's all i ask .... It can't be hard if you know where to look and you obviously do

come on, remember, i'm the simpleton here

and chill bro, its ok man im cool i retired from fighting a while ago
                      Sorry man it seems the simpleton comment really got under your skin and thats why every time you Quote me after you’ve mentioned it.

My bad for calling you on your BS inaccurate statements in your first post about Fury being the bigger draw and Wilder being the coward both not supported by facts and pointing out that your statements in your second post werent true and obviously you didn’t first read the article you posted on which debunked your entire 2nd post

And now while your posts seem to have toned it down as far as flat out lies seem to want to convince yourself and other that this article is somehow BS or false , biased because it doesn’t fit with your opinion. Because even though Keith Idec is a reporter that has never showed any signs like almost all of boxing media of being biased. This article is the first one where he wants to have a agenda or report inaccurate information should somehow be believed and that a niche sport s where a potential small contract details that only would be of interest to very few should have Multiple media outlets having the same information to be believed

I’m sure that everything is on the up and up with you and that after being signed up like 8-9 months it would seem 1/3 to 1/2 of your posts are on this thread and it isn’t possible or should at least be considered that you may have alterior motives in what you type or this isnt your only account.

Believe what you want ,’Take the article as facts or not, choose to write inaccurate statements on here , I could care less . Just don’t Be surprised if you get called out on your BS that aren’t true

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      That's a long insanely inaccurate post. You know better than to go full ******. Forest Gump, slow. Yes! He seemed ******ed But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping pong competition...That ain't ******ed. See what I'm saying here?
                      Cool ,

I know Iwent all Simple Jack and went Full ****** in that post and while I ain’t got a good brain to make these head movies of mine make much sense to someone like you and your above avg intelligence and reasoning

Just let me know though what you think I wrote in that post wasn’t based on facts or you feel was inaccurate if looking at the situation
                      Last edited by R_Walken; 02-23-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X