Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Just gave him a red K and put him on ignore... (some also have this guy as a "snake", "the Shylock")...
    I red k'ed him as well. You won't see anything more racist than what this pos posted.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Forever View Post
      I'm not arguing with everything your saying nor do I agree with everything. You know as well as anyone Just cuz AJ says something doesn't make it fact or even mean hes being sincere, if that's what he's saying? Haven't heard him say that. Time will tell. I'd be happily surprised if that fight come off before Ortiz is 42 yo. I saw what he told Whyte after he KO Chisora. Not a good look.
      So historically AJ never avoided Ortiz that is non-negotiable, if you disagree you are ignoring the facts and simply incorrect.

He said it on the Breakfast Club yesterday.

Whyte wanted more than a 50-50 split in rematch and believed he could get it further down the line so he's waiting but sure lets blame AJ completely.

In short Id like to see AJ fight better fights then Miller.
      Who was available? He already KO'd Whyte which is also not happening for the above reason and Ortiz (who only appeared after Miller was as good as a done deal) is fighting Hammer, you can't expect AJ to risk the fight not happening because of a potential upset as can happen in this division.

Wilder faced 2 of the 3 top fighter available in his last fights both undefended at the time. Seemed set on a rematch with fury as well. Can't blame him if that fight doesn't come off can you? So not understanding your point about Wilder needing to taking tuff fights.

You said Wilder had to fight Ortiz as if AJ should have done it instead.

Povetkin was regarded as top 3, Parker was regarded top 3 and Wlad was top 3 and even no.1 by ring, all until AJ beat them.

Also Fury was not regarded top 3 by anyone at the time with most saying he wasn't ready including his own fans, are you saying Wilder believed in Fury more than his own fans because that would be very strange? It will go down as cherry pick gone wrong in the history books and a props to Fury proving everyone wrong.

You can blame Wilder for putting all his eggs in one basket and not considering AJ in the name of "freezing him out", saying you're gonna freeze someone out is a down point in anyones career.

If he doesn't fight Fury next and doesn't take Whyte/Ortiz I hope your just as critical since there is no one else thats bettter than Miller level that he could fight.

Comment

Can't blame fury for taking that money offer. It'd be hard for him to make that kind of money any other way. But I do blame arum for interjection himself into the hw division and now likely messing up a match up between the only 2 top heavyweights who were willing to face each other, because it's pretty obvious that Joshua doesn't want to take the risk vs either.

Comment

"BoxingScene.com has learned that Fury walked away from a 50-50 split to fight Wilder in a Showtime Pay-Per-View main event May 18 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn for either a 60-40 split that would favor Wilder in a WBC purse bid or a less profitable fight against another opponent. Fury had that 50-50 contract in his hands for more than a week, but never returned it."

So the only way Wilder gets a rematch is to sign with Top Rank? If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, IT'S A DUCK! Another black-eye for the Brits! So much for all the talk that Arum is willing to work with any promoter!

Comment

CBS, which also owns BoxingScene.com and employs this writer
            Nice! Now you just have to tell us who ordered you to write this "article"?

Also, it's not just about how much Wilder/Fury 2 can gross on "each side" cuz Arum doesn't offer just Wilder/Fury 2, but it's a 5 fight offer. And definitely for better money than Wilder will get for fighting bums on SHO.

Though I agree. Wilder is stupid enough to continue fighting bums on SHO for $2-3M out of some stupid loyalty to a corporation(!), though he could be doing the same on ESPN for better money.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I red k'ed him as well. You won't see anything more racist than what this pos posted.
              I can understand peoples' various racial frustrations, but such kind of messages must be banned in public "forums" (fora)...

Comment

"Rather than fight his way to the top, Fury will take the easier path. This seems to be the normal path for most boxers nowdays"

Are you out of your mind? Fury came back from dead and fought Wilder.

Comment

... I remember that Wilder vs Fury I was advertised as the "WBC champ" vs "the lineal champ"... or not?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... I remember that Wilder vs Fury I was advertised as the "WBC champ" vs "the lineal champ"... or not?...
                    Yep... they pushed the lineal angle hard.

Comment

• So it is a five fight deal with the first fight against someone other than Fury? L-O-L………

Comment

Working...
                      X