No announcement yet.

So,... who does Wilder fight now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    If you can't see that the Fury/Wilder fight ain't happening now, I don't know what else to tell you haha. Fury will fight 5 bums for that 100 million all while calling out Wilder and AJ. Fury's promoters are already saying that they don't need to fight Wilder next. And anytime a promoter says he wants to "build" his fighter, it means his fighter will build against as many bums as he can find hahah. The fact that neither Wilder nor his promoter knew anything about this before hand, speaks volumes about where the negotiations were at haha. Fury will announce his next opponent (bum) within the next couple of weeks, watch
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...oubt-espn-deal

Seems as likely as anyone else. How about we wait and see?? I do think Fury wants the fight and I think he'd be favored this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Oquendo has had the WBA by the balls for years now so until they come out and say that Oquendo is NOT up for the fight, I expect more nonsense from the situation. This thing has been going on for years now...

Comment

Doesn't seem many alternatives. Certainly not big fight alternatives.

Hopefully they don't mess with Breazeale/Whyte now it's been ordered. But I guess you never know with the WBC.

Kownacki probably. He's the kind of guy that can be in exciting fights, but I feel he gets hit too easily to mix it with Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...oubt-espn-deal

Seems as likely as anyone else. How about we wait and see?? I do think Fury wants the fight and I think he'd be favored this time.
          I'm not saying that Fury doesn't want the fight, but signing this new deal makes the fight almost impossible to put on right now. They will probably fight 4 bums and build up to a Wilder or AJ fight. Both Arum and Warren are saying that they don't need Wilder right now so that pretty much tells you whats going to happen next. Wilder screwed himself out of millions not taking the AJ fight at Wembley hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            Doesn't seem many alternatives. Certainly not big fight alternatives.

Hopefully they don't mess with Breazeale/Whyte now it's been ordered. But I guess you never know with the WBC.

Kownacki probably. He's the kind of guy that can be in exciting fights, but I feel he gets hit too easily to mix it with Wilder.
            I honestly think Kownacki beats Wilder. The pressure will be too much. And I think Kownacki may hit the canvas a couple of times too but in the end, he gives Wilder a hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
              Riiiiight, so how many of them will be fighting him on PPV? Also, how many of them will bring him more than 1-2 million? Meanwhile AJ is making over 30 million per fight and now Fury is getting over 20 million per fight haha. Wilder screwed himself royally. Also, half the names on that list can beat him. Povetkin, Kownacki, Whyte, Ortiz and I'd even say a motivated Parker could beat him. So Wilder will stay clear of everyone I just mentioned. The fact is, he could have been fighting in front of 100k in April for all the belts if he wouldn't have been such a chicken**** and signed the contract.
              The question you should be asking yourself is who is Fury going to fight in order to justify and earn his $20 mil a fight deal; Because right now Top Rank doesn't have the title belts, names or the championship contenders in its stable to justify overpaying him that much?

Moreover, how many pay per views can Fury expect to do with Top Rank's current talent roster at heavyweight? ESPN is going to be very pissed at Bob Arum for abusing misusing and mismanaging its funds for personal gain and is going to want to either revise or terminate that contract because they could expect to lose several $Millions for inflating Tyson Fury's worth.

Comment

Working...
              X