No announcement yet.

The Manny Pacquiao Legacy Cherry On Top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    So it’s ok for you to be the arbiter of what fantasy p4p list is “credible”, but if someone else suggests a list could biased, it’s foolish. Those lists are put together by individuals...if there’s something that makes any of those individuals lack crediblity in your view, is it impossible some of them could also be biased? You’re right about judging the list on whether or not you like the order tho, cuz you’ve basically suggested any list that you don’t agree with isn’t credible.
    I simply asked how many credible lists there are that have Pac ahead.

You are free to answer if you want. Let's see them!

And by credible, I mean ones that don't consist of Spoon23 being the sole contributor. I'm willing to consider other such lists credible after looking into the source. You can post and we can discuss!
    Last edited by travestyny; 03-18-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      I simply asked how many credible lists there are that have Pac ahead.

You are free to answer if you want. Let's see them!

And by credible, I mean ones that don't consist of Spoon23 being the sole contributor. I'm willing to consider other such lists credible after looking into the source. You can post and we can discuss!
      Well what makes a fantasy list put together by boxing fans credible? According to this forum, unbiased journalists/contributors don’t exist anymore...so what’s the point? Most major publications these days can’t even agree on a top 10 p4p list of current fighters.

Comment

Well what makes a fantasy list put together by boxing fans credible? According to this forum, unbiased journalists/contributors don’t exist anymore...so what’s the point? Most major publications these days can’t even agree on a top 10 p4p list of current fighters.
        Well maybe therein lies the problem. Why use fans when you can use boxing analysts, former boxers, former coaches...people connected to the sport.

One dude already brought up Max Kellerman. Why not go by the list put together by his peers at ESPN? How about Boxrec that apparently uses some sort of algorithm?

All anyone has to do is post the list and then we can analyze and discuss. It shouldn't be too hard to do. Or find the opinions of people who know the sport and see if most of them lean one way or the other. I don't think that's a bad way to go about this, right?

Comment

Well maybe therein lies the problem. Why use fans when you can use boxing analysts, former boxers, former coaches...people connected to the sport.

One dude already brought up Max Kellerman. Why not go by the list put together by his peers at ESPN? How about Boxrec that apparently uses some sort of algorithm?

All anyone has to do is post the list and then we can analyze and discuss. It shouldn't be too hard to do. Or find the opinions of people who know the sport and see if most of them lean one way or the other. I don't think that's a bad way to go about this, right?
          It’s not a bad way at all, but it also doesn’t really matter. These lists are just the compiled opinions of people who are fans of the sport. Whether or not they are analysts or whatever, they’re still fans of these fighters, and some more so than others.

Comment

It’s not a bad way at all, but it also doesn’t really matter. These lists are just the compiled opinions of people who are fans of the sport. Whether or not they are analysts or whatever, they’re still fans of these fighters, and some more so than others.
            Well we know it's all based on opinion, so that isn't really the issue. Some opinions are more informed than others, however. If most of the informed opinions lean one way, I think that's as good as we can get.

And most of the informed opinions clearly lean toward Mayweather being the best fighter of our generation, right? That's all I'm saying. I haven't attempted to stop anyone from having their own opinion, but when we talk about backing up your opinion, that most informed opinions agree with the idea that Mayweather is ahead of Pacquiao serves as pretty strong support. And being real, you know the popular belief amongst boxing professionals, coaches, analysts, etc. is not Pacquaio being ahead. We all know that. Those who can't agree there are clearly in denial.

Comment

Well we know it's all based on opinion, so that isn't really the issue. Some opinions are more informed than others, however. If most of the informed opinions lean one way, I think that's as good as we can get.

And most of the informed opinions clearly lean toward Mayweather being the best fighter of our generation, right? That's all I'm saying. I haven't attempted to stop anyone from having their own opinion, but when we talk about backing up your opinion, that most informed opinions agree with the idea that Mayweather is ahead of Pacquiao serves as pretty strong support. And being real, you know the popular belief amongst boxing professionals, coaches, analysts, etc. is not Pacquaio being ahead. We all know that. Those who can't agree there are clearly in denial.
              Well it’s too bad the sport can rarely sort out who the best active fighter is in a given division. I’m not overly concerned where retired fighters fall on some unquantifiable fantasy list, but I guess it’s something to talk about.

Comment

A cherry on top to finish off his legacy? Lol. You act like he hasn't done it all already. A fight against any top welterweight would be a favor to them and not him. Pacquiao doesn't need to add to his legacy because it's already set in stone.

Comment

I don’t think Floyd or pac can beat either of those guys at this point...the difference is, pac may actually fight one of them.
                  An active May would reduce these guys back to the amateur ranks. After a while, we had to know May wanted to stop and enjoy (spend) his money. Hard to spend and train.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                    A cherry on top to finish off his legacy? Lol. You act like he hasn't done it all already. A fight against any top welterweight would be a favor to them and not him. Pacquiao doesn't need to add to his legacy because it's already set in stone.
                    I think you are misunderstanding. No one is saying he needs to do more. His legacy is fine. I'm not sure why you are fishing for something to be upset about.

I was simply asking whether a victory over one of these two guys, or either, pushes his legacy above Mayweather's, being that MOST boxing aficionados agree that Mayweather is ahead of him at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      An active May would reduce these guys back to the amateur ranks. After a while, we had to know May wanted to stop and enjoy (spend) his money. Hard to spend and train.
                      An active 42 yr old may? Lol...get a grip on reality my friend. No athlete can compete forever. He saw the writing on the wall, which is why he’s no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                      X