No announcement yet.

The Manny Pacquiao Legacy Cherry On Top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Manny Pacquiao Legacy Cherry On Top

Who is Pacquiao unleashed? Is he "Logan," about to do his swan song and risk going out impaled on his back? There's no doubt that the Mayweather loss stings Pac. For him to have swallowed his pride and lied about that shoulder injury (Come on. No rehab? Just saltwater, God, and basketball?), he would stop at nothing to prove he is the best. He needs to find a way to leapfrog Mayweather because that is his competitive nature and warrior spirit which led him to where he is today. This is a competition between him and now, a ghost......Floyd Mayweather (don't believe me? Ask his biggest stan, Spoon23). So how does he beat a ghost? Also, keeping in mind that one loss could possibly derail his last charge.

I personally think Pacquaio has tremendous hear.
    Spoon23 pasawayako and .WesternChamp. will back me up on that. Pac could be thinking he can beat father time and wipe out all of these dudes, and right now Pac may only be weighing his options and healing an eye injury (any update on how serious?), but this stall on Thurman could conceivably be because Pacquiao is looking for the most challenging fight out there in case this is the end. That cherry to top off his legacy.

There are only two right answers that fit the bill: Spence and Crawford.

The argument for Spence: He is the new, big and strong dude that broke Mayweather's eye socket in sparring (Hyperbole. I know that didn't happen. Let's just say he gave May a shiner when May said he wasn't ready to pass the torch.) One of the golden children. Very linked to Floyd and some consider them to have a teacher/protege relationship. Somewhat vulnerable (was being outboxed by Kell Brook until he said, "Ight, **** boxing him, let me beat this dude down." Can Mikey outbox him and survive? I have serious doubt about that.) And Manny can pick up the IBF strap. Does a victory over Spence make you place Pacquiao's legacy over Floyd's?

The argument for Crawford: Top Rank's new golden child. Has a legitimate #1 P4P argument (no I'm not saying everyone believes this, but some do...don't hijack the thread fighting over this). The P4P argument obviously goes a long way. To go out beating P4P #1 and taking his WBO strap would be HUGE, especially at Pac's age! A Pacquiao win would be the ultimate fvvck you to Bob Arum. To burn Top Rank after those rumors that they sabotaged your Khan fight and to finally pat Bob Arum on the head like he used to do to you in front of millions of fans-- THAT would be the sweetest revenge!

And......this may very well lead many to believe his legacy is legit better than Mayweather's.

Does a win over Crawford put Manny above Floyd in your mind?

Let's face it. Manny is #2 right now of our generation. I don't even care to argue over that. If you disagree, good for you. (In other words, if you want to be delusional, just don't involve me in your delusion.) The question is which gives him the best chance in your head for you to really say....Hey...maybe he should be ranked above Mayweather if he beats THAT guy. (and the emphasis is on BEATS. No he doesn't get credit for just fighting the dude.)

I think Pac will go for the cherry sooner than later. SO...you decide. Which one of the two is the legacy cherry on top for the 'Logan' version of Manny Pacquiao?

*Poll to follow*

**DISCLAIMER**
    Everything I have mentioned above is merely a part of a fantasy story and has nothing at all to do with any actions done by any real, living people.

(I have been notified by Mods that people are being sued for the things said on the board. Everyone try to be careful because you never know.)
    Paquiao Can't Pass Floyd At This Point.
    18.75%
    A Victory Over Spence Makes Pac #1
    25.00%
    A Victory Over Crawford Makes Pac #1
    3.13%
    A Victory Over Either Makes Pac #1
    53.13%
    Last edited by travestyny; 02-16-2019, 08:18 AM.

manny is already greater than floyd.

Comment

did this MF just spoil Logan??

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Shhhhhhh!!! LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          this son of a bltch. I'm watching it right. well, time to put in "Unusual Suspects" that movie seems pretty cut and dry.

Comment

Pac can't do jack to pass May. Had his chance but his arm fell off......

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              Pac can't do jack to pass May. Had his chance but his arm fell off......
              I'm also leaning toward there's nothing he can do. But damn, those wins would be impressive.

I'm willing to listen to arguments before giving my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                I'm also leaning toward there's nothing he can do. But damn, those wins would be impressive.

I'm willing to listen to arguments before giving my vote.
                So far, Bud and Spence haven't really done anything special. I'm sure an active May teaches them the fine art of boxing.

Anyone Pac can beat, May can really beat.

Comment

Bump. So who are yall choosing? Let's see a vote. Crawford or Spence?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    manny is already greater than floyd.
                    End thread

Comment

Working...
                    X