Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua is Trying To Milk The UK, After Next Fight I'm Ready

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of article and others like it are the reason why the Heavyweight division is both the most popular but also why its the disgrace of boxing right now.

If people continue to give this guy a platform to spout off what he likes then there will always be mutants ready to agree with what he says. The same goes for Eddie Hearn. Not Barry though, we like Barry.

Any real, rational and open minded boxing fan will know that Wilder hasn't contributed to the recent rise in Boxing popularity. He's piggy backed on the journey, most recently using Fury to promote his international image and he still isn't very popular!

“It has not been back since 2004 with Lennox Lewis" - Well if that was the case Deontay, you should have fought Klitschko and make an impact...oh that's right, you weren't ready after 33 fights, you clown.

“I am willing to fight him. This is not us; they know what we want,” - Tell us Deontay, what do you want!? 50%??? Surprise Surprise, just like every other HW out there, MILKING Hearn and Joshua. That is the definition of HYPOCRITICAL!

He says that he's ready now. A few weeks ago he said that he wasn't going to fight him. What is he going to say next week!? Jesus, this man is a disgrace!

If there was at least some consistency then maybe Wilder would actually be a bit more popular internationally. He needs to stop talking and do what he needs to in the ring because, right now, I will only be watching the fight because I want to watch Fury fight, not Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Wlad - 42 years old
      Takam - 38 years old
      Povetkin - 39 years old
      Pulev (fight after Miller) 39 years old

Go on.
      3 Mando's and 1 potential ATG (on his 20th fight, what other Champ has done this ever?) for the WBA and all without medical issues, can't blame AJ for taking them to keep and collect the belts, he didn't even choose the weaker 3 and hasn't even fought Pulev, Fury and Ortiz were voluntry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        3 Mando's and 1 potential ATG (on his 20th fight, what other Champ has done this ever?) for the WBA and all without medical issues, can't blame AJ for taking them to keep and collect the belts, he didn't even choose the weaker 3 and hasn't even fought Pulev, Fury and Ortiz were voluntry.
        And both have fought older men. Don’t get to say only one has. Povetkin could have been avoided for Wilder, but that’s besides the point.

And are you saying that Fury (28 years old) and Ortiz were bad voluntaries though? Ortiz, Fury, Fury for three straight voluntaries might be one of the best streaks of voluntaries in the division. At least in a very long time, since we all know Wlad didn’t give voluntaries.

Comment

And both have fought older men. Don’t get to say only one has. Povetkin could have been avoided for Wilder, but that’s besides the point.

And are you saying that Fury (28 years old) and Ortiz were bad voluntaries though? Ortiz, Fury, Fury for three straight voluntaries might be one of the best streaks of voluntaries in the division. At least in a very long time, since we all know Wlad didn’t give voluntaries.
          The point is Wilder is choosing them and AJ isn't.

Fury was supposed to be done, look at other fighters who are just inactive and don't have the added damage of drugs and morbid obesity it affects them and the two sparring matches Fury had coming back barely make him active and didn't show him to be ready to be fighting top guys probably making him more attractive to Wilder. Everyone said he didn't look great previously with experts sayin they'd want Fury to take a couple more before fighting Wilder, do you think Wilder didn't know that? This was a cherry pick gone wrong a props to Fury not to Wilder.

Ortiz slow feet, non agressive fighter custom made for Wilder fighting on the outside and is no better than Povetkin and he did have medical issues on fight night. He must be good to a degree but I don't think he's a elite operator anymore just like Povetkin they're too old to maintain that high level of perfomance for 12 rounds. Also shown with luckluster perfomances against crappos before and after the Wilder fight. I guess if I'm fair to Wilder there's not much choice out there but Ortiz still isn't a world beater that he wants us to beleive and not a career defining win just his first solid one.

Comment

Fury was supposed to be done, look at other fighters who are just inactive and don't have the added damage of drugs and morbid obesity it affects them and the two sparring matches Fury had coming back barely make him active and didn't show him to be ready to be fighting top guys probably making him more attractive to Wilder. Everyone said he didn't look great previously with experts sayin they'd want Fury to take a couple more before fighting Wilder, do you think Wilder didn't know that? This was a cherry pick gone wrong a props to Fury not to Wilder.

Ortiz slow feet, non agressive fighter custom made for Wilder fighting on the outside and is no better than Povetkin and he did have medical issues on fight night. He must be good to a degree but I don't think he's a elite operator anymore just like Povetkin they're too old to maintain that high level of perfomance for 12 rounds. Also shown with luckluster perfomances against crappos before and after the Wilder fight. I guess if I'm fair to Wilder there's not much choice out there but Ortiz still isn't a world beater that he wants us to beleive and not a career defining win just his first solid one.
            Fury+Ortiz have flaws, but the point is they were the most dangerous voluntary defences he could've taken. We all knew Ortiz was old and Fury inactive but they were still better than the other contenders in the division.

Comment

Ortiz was still #3 in the division when Wilder gave him that voluntary, and everyone in the boxing world was saying it was a risky fight for Wilder and NOT a style advantage (Wilder struggles with Southpaws, Struggles BAD and Ortiz is a very slick southpaw counter puncher. I wouldn't call him slow and lacks aggression, he's just a counter puncher. An explosive, aggressive counter puncher is an oxymoron. Ortiz is still the best SP in the division until Usyk officially moved up) So that style was not good for Wilder. Hindsight is 50/50 but if Wilder gives that voluntary to someone else, everyone screams that he's ducking Ortiz (just like they did when Ortiz failed the first test)

And Fury wasn't done. Nobody thought he was done except for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Fury+Ortiz have flaws, but the point is they were the most dangerous voluntary defences he could've taken. We all knew Ortiz was old and Fury inactive but they were still better than the other contenders in the division.
                Ortiz was still #3 in the division when Wilder gave him that voluntary, and everyone in the boxing world was saying it was a risky fight for Wilder and NOT a style advantage (Wilder struggles with Southpaws, Struggles BAD and Ortiz is a very slick southpaw counter puncher. I wouldn't call him slow and lacks aggression, he's just a counter puncher. An explosive, aggressive counter puncher is an oxymoron. Ortiz is still the best SP in the division until Usyk officially moved up) So that style was not good for Wilder. Hindsight is 50/50 but if Wilder gives that voluntary to someone else, everyone screams that he's ducking Ortiz (just like they did when Ortiz failed the first test)

And Fury wasn't done. Nobody thought he was done except for fans.
                Maybe I'm being harsh on Wilder for taking Ortiz due to lack of selection, doesn't mean Ortiz hasn't been on the slide or lived up his hype from the jennings fight though.

And yes majority of people including other boxers/experts thought Fury had much more work to do before he was ready to compete at top level you can see it in most interveiws when people were asked about it pre-fight. They was all like "I would have liked him to have a couple more" Fury even said he'd have liked a couple more at one point himself. Some people still think he has a lot more to give in the next fight. You don't pick someone who's not 100% and rate your choice to fight them that's just silly.

Comment

we still talking about money, splits and ducking. Jesus. Who cares, the bottom line is we haven't got this fight yet. Both parties are at fault for it - plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    This sums up the state of some boxing fans right now. They're thicker than two planks of wood glued together.

How many fights did it take before Wilder fought someone with a heartbeat? And since then, he's been beaten up by a 65 year old Cuban, and completely outboxed by an overweight, inactive Brit. It took a robbery for him to hold onto a single thread of that WBC belt.

Wilder fans are dead-set f**king delusional. But considering most of them come out of the swamp and have a family tree that goes in a straight line, I shouldn't be surprised.
                    Another typical closeted fan of the Uk fraud, dancing around the facts.

The fact remains Wilder has and still is facing much better competition up to this point. The minute Aj steps up to real elite competition he loses and you all know it. That's why you're so desperate for the fight not to happen.

Wilder, Ortiz and fury beat him, hell, even Dubois would probably beat his ass(already did in sparring.)

While Wilder is fighting the fighters your idol is afraid of, You keep making excuses for your secret crush and getting taken advantage of. His fans like that kinda stuff. Real weirdos...

Comment

My mistake. He was 41.
                      yeah he literally just turned 41. Still a better win than all Wilder's wins put together.

Comment

Working...
                      X