Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Gets Revenge, Outboxes Eleider Alvarez For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    It may end with his Fortnite dance?
    Yeah by the opposite opponent doing the same to him as a means of giving him a taste of his own medicine

Comment

• I just watched it. Kovalev looked really good, his punches flowed and he didn't hit that stamina wall. I give him a solid **** against any of the lhws out there. He is open for counters all the time but his volume punching will slow some of the countering down. I look forward to the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by indelible View Post
        Yeah by the opposite opponent doing the same to him as a means of giving him a taste of his own medicine
        Would that make you happy? lol. I can’t say I’ve actually watched him fight. I just know he has a big mouth and so long as he stays undefeated he can pump his gums as much as he wants until a fighter bloodies his gums and beats him I imagine he will continue to infuriate you

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          That was not a retirement type performance at all. And Alvarez is a B level fighter.

He didn't look old and took a couple punches very well. Boxing fans be trippin.

I don't think anyone in the division would walk through kovalev. He would be tough for anyone at 175
          I think Bivol stops him but Kovalev did look mightily impressive

Comment

• Kovalev didn't look all there mentally at the start and you can see it took him a bit to get it together, very good performance though. Liked that he only used a bit of his punching power throughout, maintained a good distance and was more prepared for Alvarez' overhand right

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
              Would that make you happy? lol. I can’t say I’ve actually watched him fight. I just know he has a big mouth and so long as he stays undefeated he can pump his gums as much as he wants until a fighter bloodies his gums and beats him I imagine he will continue to infuriate you
              If you haven't watched him fight then you don't understand my point. I don't take pride in people getting hurt but it's the poor sportmanship he continues to display that's shameful cause he's got potential to be great but it's like watching broner 2.0. if your opponent is lying on the canvas or is unconscious why would you do a dance in front of him when he could be seriously hurt or dead. you don't see shakur stevenson doing it. you don't see vergil ortiz doing it. someone will humble him though soon enough and maybe, just maybe, we might see a change in him for the better

Comment

• Originally posted by indelible View Post
                If you haven't watched him fight then you don't understand my point. I don't take pride in people getting hurt but it's the poor sportmanship he continues to display that's shameful cause he's got potential to be great but it's like watching broner 2.0. if your opponent is lying on the canvas or is unconscious why would you do a dance in front of him when he could be seriously hurt or dead. you don't see shakur stevenson doing it. you don't see vergil ortiz doing it. someone will humble him though soon enough and maybe, just maybe, we might see a change in him for the better
                Fair enough

Comment

• Kovalev seems to have a different aura. Maybe he has turned over a new leaf after that embarrasing felony charge. Alvarez fluked his way to victory the first time. Kovalev dominated in the rematch.

Comment

• Good fight. Alvarez believed his own hype by looking for the knockout and expecting Kovalev to wilt at any hint of duress. Kovalev has always been skilled; I think McGirt deserves a tremendous amount of credit for implementing a plan to get Kovalev the W and then communicating it in a way that Kovalev would actually lay attention to.

I think he's probably a little too shopworn to beat all the other beltholders but he could probably harness a little magic to get an upset over one of them. He probably has a few fights left in the tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                      What is your fucking obsession with the court case of Kovalev? Why the hate to him? Why are you that annoying that people on this site want you to disappear? Why jumping to conclusion without a verdict? Stick to boxing or get the fuck out of here. For the note: you are losing the bet about the rematch of Tyson Fury and Wilder. I hope you comply If that happen, like you promise.
                      Yeah, this guy is a troll extraordinaire. Does nothing but talk nonsense and then trash to everyone. Totally useless to this website. Good post

Comment

Working...
                      X