Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte Has Turned Down 3rd AJ Offer Over £5m/ $7M, Miller Fight Is Now Being P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Whyte doesn't cut off his nose to spite his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      He knows Hearn fuked both himself and AJ and is desperate for a fight. Wilder and a Fury are making money with each other. They don't need aj at the moment. That leaves Whyte as the best potential profit, so Whyte is of course going to bend them over a barrel. IMO, they'll make more money giving him 10M for a UK fight than whatever Miller is willing to take because no one really cares about Miller yet.

I don't think much of Whyte but he's playing this wisely.
      Only if he ends up getting what he wants. If AJ goes elsewhere Whyte may never get another world title shot or anywhere near the money he's turning down now.

Dillian is popular because he takes punishment to dish it out and pulls victory from the jaws of defeat. He can't go on doing that forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        You're expecting me to think you know better than Whyte or how manager. That petty much sums up NSB in a nutshell and why I can't take anyone here seriously.
        You don't need to be a genius to see it's a bad move. Whyte can't make that money elsewhere and he also risks losing waiting for his official mandatory spot which gets him only 25% of the split , so who isn't really taking who seriously on here ? Whyte doesn't have a manager either.

Comment

For the 100th time, Hearn created a MONSTER here. Dude had Whyte talking about how he's a bigger PPV star than Wilder/Fury since he's been on PPV three times and they have been on PPV three times combined LOL. From his interview, he wants the same 60/40 split that Wilder/Fury are supposedly being offered. I think there was a pathway for him to end up with around 4.5-5M for the Chisora fight if that fight did 450k buys. So of course he will be wanting much more than he made for that fight vs Joshua.

How many buys does that fight do in the UK? Are we talking 1.5-1.7M? The gate will be around 12-14M and should get nice international revenue for the fight. DAZN will put up at least 5M to get that fight. So maybe 10M dollars is what Whyte should get for the rematch. Still would be less than what is being offered to Wilder and Fury.

Comment

I still think Whyte rematch is signed and all of this is just promotion and hype

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              How many buys does that fight do in the UK? Are we talking 1.5-1.7M? The gate will be around 12-14M and should get nice international revenue for the fight. DAZN will put up at least 5M to get that fight. So maybe 10M dollars is what Whyte should get for the rematch. Still would be less than what is being offered to Wilder and Fury.
              I don't think the fight makes that much and considering that DAZN passed on Whyte last fight and the abysmal numbers AJ fights is doing I doubt they will put up anywhere near 5M for a uk fight

Comment

For the 100th time, Hearn created a MONSTER here. Dude had Whyte talking about how he's a bigger PPV star than Wilder/Fury since he's been on PPV three times and they have been on PPV three times combined LOL. From his interview, he wants the same 60/40 split that Wilder/Fury are supposedly being offered. I think there was a pathway for him to end up with around 4.5-5M for the Chisora fight if that fight did 450k buys. So of course he will be wanting much more than he made for that fight vs Joshua.

You're taking things out of context and using it irrationally. Whyte was on PPV in his country . That doesn't make a fight with him bigger then Fury with Joshua. Whyte is a bigger PPV draw then Wilder because Wilder wasn't on PPV.

Whyte has no belt and no former champion therefore he isn't in position to ask what those guys are asking.You can support any anti AJ move all you like they are all terrified of him and the biggest fraidy cat Wilder who has the remaining belt can't hide forever , he will lose at some point , probably his next fight.
                Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-30-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  You're taking things out of context and using it irrationally. Whyte was on PP V in his country . That doesn't make a fight with him bigger then Fury with Joshua. Whyte is a bigger PPV draw them Wilder because Wilder wasn't on PPV.

Whyte has no belt and no former champion therefore he isn't in position to ask what those guys are asking.
                  Oh, trust me, you don't have to explain to me on how delusional Whyte is or isn't. I'm explaining to you how Hearn created a monster and how Whyte's thinking behind this.

Belt or no belt is overrated. Who cares about that. It's about your value and what you bring to the table. Whyte, rightfully or not, believe he is on the level of Wilder/Fury in terms of name value and wants to be paid as such. We all know that isn't the case and he's not taking into consideration the type of US money they will get for the Wilder fight and how the Fury fight is the biggest Brit showdown of all time.

But if Whyte made what I listed in my prior post, then he's not going to settle for just 2M more for the Joshua fight....Now, no clue if he actually made that much vs Chisora or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    I don't think the fight makes that much and considering that DAZN passed on Whyte last fight and the abysmal numbers AJ fights is doing I doubt they will put up anywhere near 5M for a uk fight
                    DAZN will make sure they don't lose Joshua to SHO for that fight. They will bid big for that fight. In terms of US viewers, sure that fight isn't a game changer or anything. It's just that they don't want their biggest or second biggest star being shown elsewhere.

Comment

DAZN will make sure they don't lose Joshua to SHO for that fight. They will bid big for that fight. In terms of US viewers, sure that fight isn't a game changer or anything. It's just that they don't want their biggest or second biggest star being shown elsewhere.
                      Don't think showtime would put up any serious money either for what is basically a domestic fight

If it was a multi fight deal I could see showtime getting involved but a one off fight I'd be shocked if they put up 7 figure licensing fee

Comment

Working...
                      X