Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Could Land on April 27 or May, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Ward won the Super Six tourney, giving him credit as king of SMW. The argment for him to have fought bute is stale and not worth rehashing.

My point regarding Povetkin is that it was obvious that he was benefiting from meldonium. Once the use of the drug was taken away, he struggled with endurance at HW. In short, meldonium was what got him to top level at HW and that's why he tried to microdose for Wilder.
    Ward did not clean out the SMW division by winning the super six, any more than Callum Smith has cleaned it out by winning the WBSS.

Ward won 2 SMW world titles out of 4 and refused to fight Bute and Stevenson, despite recieving career high offers from both. He also refused to rematch Froch and Kessler.

That's not how you clean out a division. You clean out a division by doing what Crawford and Usyk did.

Whether his fanboys like it or not, Ward was never an undisputed champion and he never will be. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      AJ has accomplished a lot in a short career, but he is still a long way off cleaning up his division.
      Do we actually want it completely cleaned out?

If Joshua were to beat everyone easily, the era will be dismissed as low standard.

We need these 3 beating each other. History will tell us who was the best (and it may be debatable) but that's what makes a good era isn't it?

Comment

Ward did not clean out the SMW division by winning the super six, any more than Callum Smith has cleaned it out by winning the WBSS.

Ward won 2 SMW world titles out of 4 and refused to fight Bute and Stevenson, despite recieving career high offers from both. He also refused to rematch Froch and Kessler.

That's not how you clean out a division. You clean out a division by doing what Crawford and Usyk did.

Whether his fanboys like it or not, Ward was never an undisputed champion and he never will be. End of story.
        Why are you making this a Ward focused discussion. Like Usyk, he won a tourney with the best in the division in it. He was considered the king of SMW...end of story.

My original post was regarding Joshua's supposed cleaning out of his division. Which he hasn't even started to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          Do we actually want it completely cleaned out?

If Joshua were to beat everyone easily, the era will be dismissed as low standard.

We need these 3 beating each other. History will tell us who was the best (and it may be debatable) but that's what makes a good era isn't it?
          I don't know about you, but I think most boxing fans want to see one world HW champion and they want to see him defending his titles against the best challengers.

I don't think AJ, or any of the others, are going to beat everybody easily. But if they did that wouldn't be bad for the sport.

A dominant champion, who seems to be unbeatable, has a glamour that attracts casual fans, some because they want to see him keep winning, others because they want to see him lose. Floyd is a great example of that.

Cleaning out a division is hard enough, but keeping it clean is a task that never ends.

Comment

Why are you making this a Ward focused discussion. Like Usyk, he won a tourney with the best in the division in it. He was considered the king of SMW...end of story.

My original post was regarding Joshua's supposed cleaning out of his division. Which he hasn't even started to do.
            Usyk winning the WBSS was a much more important and impressive achievement than Ward's super 6 win.

Ward ended up with 2 world titles after the tournament, and he made a stipulation that all his fights had to be in the US, or he wouldn't take part. Ward was the only participant who didn't fight on the road at least once.

Usyk ended the WBSS with every major title in his division, including the Ring and lineal, and he won every one on the road. And as soon as the tournament ended he hit the road again and KO'd the WBC emeritus champion.

That's what you call cleaning out a division.

Comment

Usyk winning the WBSS was a much more important and impressive achievement than Ward's super 6 win.

Ward ended up with 2 world titles after the tournament, and he made a stipulation that all his fights had to be in the US, or he wouldn't take part. Ward was the only participant who didn't fight on the road at least once.

Usyk ended the WBSS with every major title in his division, including the Ring and lineal, and he won every one on the road. And as soon as the tournament ended he hit the road again and KO'd the WBC emeritus champion.

He didn't beat Lebedev so technically he didn't clean out the division either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                He didn't beat Lebedev so technically he didn't clean out the division either.
                Shit .. I forgot about Popeye.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  You continue to lie about what I said, which is why you never post links to anything I said. You don't want people to read my actual words. You want them to read your ****amamie interpretation.
                  not sure what word u was trying to use there fam. I don’t have time to go look theu pages of quotes. I remember what u said fam

Comment

You do know that belts aren't the end all right. Who you fight and when matters as well.

Comment

You do know that belts aren't the end all right. Who you fight and when matters as well.
                      Who you don't fight matters too.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 01-21-2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X