Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pablo Cesar Cano Destroys Jorge Linares in One Round Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummed out. Linares struggles against Mexican boxers.

Shocked but not shocked. Ive been a huge fan but i think he needs to start thinking about hanging them up.

Comment

Linares only 33 and aged pretty badly compared to Pacquiao

Linares is proof you can age overnight even after a KO win in your previous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeks View Post
        Like I said, Linares is the most overrated fighter in boxing. Gets stopped by every decent opponent he faces who isn't completely featherfisted like Crolla.
        That’s totally a lie it only takes a crazy Mexican to knock him out in the first round, this would be the third he just have a really bad luck vs Mexicans (yeyo Thompson, Juan Carlos Salgado and now Cano)

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          But Mikey beat broner, who beat Paulie who beat cano.. So yeah, take that!
          You sure you saw the same fight everybody else saw? Cano beat the shït out of Paulie knock him down three times and beat him 9 out of the 12 rounds and you still say Paulie beat Cano? You do have something against Mexican fighters.

Comment

Linares was defined by his first KO loss, against Juan Carlos Salgado. He came back a bit, but in recent times he was being considered a great again for having beaten a couple of average fighters. He did well enough against Loma, but his overall level was established since the beginning.

Comment

I’ve enjoyed watching Linares fight over the years, he’s a genuinely entertaining fighter, but he should probably think about hanging them up if he can no longer make a lower weight.

Good stoppage by the ref last night too, gave Linares plenty of opportunity to recover, then stopped it as soon as he sensed Linares had no more fight in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                You're such a dumbass. Loma is a natural featherweight. Linares just moved to 140. On top of that, Linares just got caught on the ear cold in the 1st round. If they rematch he will probably win. Loma also fought Linares in 2017, it's 2019 now. When Loma fought him, people were already saying they saw Linares slipping a bit his last two performances, vs Campbell and Gesta, but at 32 years old, Linares pulled out one last great camp, and performance, vs the smaller man, looking sharp as can be. But now at 33 years old, perhaps lacking motivation vs someone below his level, yet facing someone bigger than him, Linares got caught.

But I expect nothing less from people who dislike Loma. They are CONSTANTLY making unfair comparisons, comparing natural featherweights to natural 140 pounders, comparing 2017 lightweight Linares to 2019 jr welterweight Linares, comparing a 10 round fight to a 1 round fight, comparing Linares vs a smaller boxer to Linares vs a big pressure fighter (the style he's always struggled with). You guys are just being plan haters now.
                Great post ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  every fighter would be undefeated if all they did was fight british fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeks View Post
                    This is the guy that Lomachenko struggled with? This is your P4P #1's best win? LOL
                    Things happen. Happened to many greats. But I think Gary Russell is probably Lomachenkos best opponent or Nick Walters

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      He hurt his arm because hes always getting his lanky self tangled & dislocates his rotator cuff for being stupid. He might never be the same,take it from me,I have the same injury.

That said Lomas definitely elite,but hes definitely nowhere near the best p4p fighter as the espn driven fans/media have tried to sell everyone from day 1. I been getting flamed on here because Ive always said Lomas hype will actually work against him, because he can never live up to the false hype they ordained him with. Hes a natural 135 lb fighter who can easily campaign at 140,hes mikeys size no matter how much his fans say otherwise.

And he has a long way to go before truly proving hes a hof fighter,paper wbo belts aside.
                      That just isnt true. Have you seen him next to Mikey? They are not the same size. Hell Mikey couldn't compete at 140 against top guys. He may end up looking similar to Linares against Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X