Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Jacobs Worries Me; 2nd-Best at 160 After Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Canelo wins via KO or UD. I think this is a taylor made fight for canelo IMO. Jacobs swings wide and i mean wide that's just enough for canelo to catch him. I also dont think Jacobs has looked all that great in his last 2-3 fights. Score cards are already in canelos favor. Should be a great fight though

Comment

Saying canelo is the best at mw is pure speculation at this point. I haven't seen him win a fight at 160 definitively/without controversy yet but either way, this was the fight that needed to be made. Let Charlo /andrade/saunders /ggg sort things out among themselves and hopefully we can get a clear winner between Canelo and jacobs. We'll only know who the best in the division is if they fight each other.

Comment

Good fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Jacobs immediately asked for that rematch, and has mentioned it many times since

why didn't Golovkin go after Jacobs or Andrade to get his titles back?..... why not rematch Canelo for that matter?
          Is this your answer: a question in return? Really?

We don't know what fight GGG is trying to make now. Who knows, he might have tried to make the third fight, but DLH in his vengeful spite lowballed him and the fight has fallen through...bottom line is - we don't know to make assumptions either way Unless you are a hater and then you know everything. Just like an all knowing teenager

Comment

Very good fight. Everyone at pbc take notes. This is how champs act.

Comment

It's a great fight, but Oscar makes me laugh. Promoters as a whole are a funny breed.

Comment

I agree, I thought Jacobs beat ggg by a point in their fight!

He was the first to make ggg back off him when he went on the offensive which made it a great fight!

I think Jacobs beats Canelo and actually gets the verdict due to him unequivocally doing everything but stopping Canelo in the fight, Iím talking walking him down, beating him up and dropping him twice!

You heard it here first, Jacobs by split decision!

Comment

I would be worried if I was Oscar too! Daniel Jacobs is no joke!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                    Yes it was close. Jacobs could well win the rematch as GG is getting slower by the day.

This fight to me is why the old saying about 'taking the champs belt' exists.
                    I do not believe you should be able to be on the backfoot and defensive all fight, get dropped and then out point your way to become a world champion. If you are dominating on the back foot, sure...but this is pro boxing, not amateur boxing.

that is why Golovkin lost his titles to Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      Saying canelo is the best at mw is pure speculation at this point. I haven't seen him win a fight at 160 definitively/without controversy yet but either way, this was the fight that needed to be made. Let Charlo /andrade/saunders /ggg sort things out among themselves and hopefully we can get a clear winner between Canelo and jacobs. We'll only know who the best in the division is if they fight each other.

your convenient methodology applies DIRECTLY to Golovkin

he absolutely falls into that line of thought

1) has never beaten a TOP fighter at 160 without controversy
                      2) has PILES of legit contenders who could be better

just providing some context

one more point..... Golovkin has already refused to fight TWO of those contenders..... and let's be honest here, he aint gonna fight Andrade or Saunders either..... so he will remove himself from contention by taking a back seat, just like Joshua is doing as Wilder/Fury upstage him

Comment

Working...
                      X