Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn releases statement on AJ fight: 10 days to find opponent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    So who’s gonna bump this in 11 days? Or is this gonna be eddies last deadline?
    I'm already pissed with Hearn because he said (either before Christmas or NY, can't remember which one) that we would have an announcement in the first week of January!

He's already a week late in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
      I'm already pissed with Hearn because he said (either before Christmas or NY, can't remember which one) that we would have an announcement in the first week of January!

He's already a week late in my opinion!
      I missed that one! I was more thinking of the November 30th deadline he gave for this fight.

Know who I really feel bad for though? Jarell Miller. Guy has a heavyweight fight in 4 days and has no idea who he’s fighting.

EDIT - actually, who I REALLY feel bad for is Nkosi Solomon. Got upset in his debut and Eddie basically told him he HAD to win his next fight or else. Well he’s also fighting on Saturday and has no idea who he’s fighting. Second pro fight, and doesn’t know who he’s training for. That’s disgusting.

Comment

I missed that one! I was more thinking of the November 30th deadline he gave for this fight.

Know who I really feel bad for though? Jarell Miller. Guy has a heavyweight fight in 4 days and has no idea who he’s fighting.
        It was in an interview with Cassius on iFL. It may have been just after the Canelo/Fielding fight actually. He said that it would be very unlikely for an announcement before the end of the year but it would be in the first week of the New Year. Every day that goes by without one, I am gritting my teeth that little harder!

Yeah, I understand what you mean regarding Miller. Unfortunately for us, its unlikely to be anyone in the top 10 is it? Can you imagine the media rush if it was Wilder, Fury or Joshua? That would be hilarious! It would be a massive rush of marketing and it would be pretty entertaining!

Comment

I would love if the two true champs Fury and AJ got together. But tbh I'm also cool with a Wilder vs Fury rematch and AJ vs Miller in NY.

AJ vs Whyte... meh

Comment

EDIT - actually, who I REALLY feel bad for is Nkosi Solomon. Got upset in his debut and Eddie basically told him he HAD to win his next fight or else. Well he’s also fighting on Saturday and has no idea who he’s fighting. Second pro fight, and doesn’t know who he’s training for. That’s disgusting.
            lol really? Solomon stunk the joint out and deserves the pressure. He's supposed to be the goods, so fighting a journeyman should be no problem.

Regarding his next fight.. come on. Literally all fighters take on unknowns in their first 10 fights and they get swapped around as late as the day itself. if he can't hack that, then it's not meant to be for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              AJ vs Whyte... meh
              Yeah, agreed.

No interest in watching AJ/Whyte again. I mean, I would watch it but I would NOT enjoy it

Comment

It was in an interview with Cassius on iFL. It may have been just after the Canelo/Fielding fight actually. He said that it would be very unlikely for an announcement before the end of the year but it would be in the first week of the New Year. Every day that goes by without one, I am gritting my teeth that little harder!

Yeah, I understand what you mean regarding Miller. Unfortunately for us, its unlikely to be anyone in the top 10 is it? Can you imagine the media rush if it was Wilder, Fury or Joshua? That would be hilarious! It would be a massive rush of marketing and it would be pretty entertaining!
                It won’t be a top guy, every day that goes by it has to be more of a club fighter. If I was a pro and I had a fight less than a week away without knowing my opponent, I’m making sure that’s my last fight with the promoter. Styles make fights and it’s easy to look stupid that short notice (Byrd/Golotta comes to mind. Byrd almost lost the title because he had no idea he was fighting Golota. More recent example would be Charlo/Koborov)

Miller is in the top 10 and is vying for a title shot. It’s major risk with zero reward unless he’s fighting Trevor Bryan.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  lol really? Solomon stunk the joint out and deserves the pressure. He's supposed to be the goods, so fighting a journeyman should be no problem.

Regarding his next fight.. come on. Literally all fighters take on unknowns in their first 10 fights and they get swapped around as late as the day itself. if he can't hack that, then it's not meant to be for him.
                  Solomon won’t have a career. Not at HW, he has no jaw. Happens a lot with amateur stars that move to pro and don’t know what it’s like to take a flush shot at 8-10oz and no headgear. But I stand by the fact that these guys should know who they’re fighting four days out.

Comment

Yeah, agreed.

No interest in watching AJ/Whyte again. I mean, I would watch it but I would NOT enjoy it
                    I paid for a year of DAZN. I’m getting my moneys worth! Lmao

Comment

It won’t be a top guy, every day that goes by it has to be more of a club fighter. If I was a pro and I had a fight less than a week away without knowing my opponent, I’m making sure that’s my last fight with the promoter. Styles make fights and it’s easy to look stupid that short notice (Byrd/Golotta comes to mind. Byrd almost lost the title because he had no idea he was fighting Golota. More recent example would be Charlo/Koborov)

Miller is in the top 10 and is vying for a title shot. It’s major risk with zero reward unless he’s fighting Trevor Bryan.
                      That would be a fight that I'd watch if possible but really I'd only be watching it for the Linares fight if I am 100% honest.

I don't know if this could ever be a thing but I would want 12 months of boxing scheduling announced in advance. Kind of like fixtures in other sports determined by a joint panel of the organisations and based on your rankings (i.e. 1,2 and 3 fight, 4,5 and 6 all fight, so on and so on. New rankings issued every 12 months based on results.

Then you can't be accused of ducking and you don't have fighters not knowing who they are fighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X