Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn releases statement on AJ fight: 10 days to find opponent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn releases statement on AJ fight: 10 days to find opponent.

"Deontay Wilder, Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury: if you think you can beat Anthony Joshua, come and get him"

"I have had a lot of people asking for an update on*Anthony Joshua*and as ever a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes. It's important at this point for everyone to realise there is a big difference between fighters wanting to face Anthony Joshua and fighters simply saying they want to.

We have made offers to the major heavyweight contenders and we will be making more offers in the next couple of days with a view to finalising a decision in the next 10 days over Joshua's next fight.

Deontay Wilder,*Tyson Fury*and Dillian Whyte all have the opportunity to get in the ring at Wembley in April and fight for Joshua's four world titles... If you think you can beat him, our message is simple: come and get it. Who really wants it? This is your chance.

To repeat myself, if it was down to AJ, he would want Wilder. He wants to be undisputed champion, we all know that by now.

But the difficulty and frustration is that I have now gone five or six unanswered emails from their end across three weeks or so. Is Wilder bluffing the public when he says he wants this fight?*

If he truly wants it, it's there and he knows it is there because we have told them. If he doesn't want it, he can have his rematch with Tyson Fury or take on Dominic Breazeale and good luck to him. But if he has ambitions to be undisputed champion, as Joshua does, then the opportunity is there now.

The Tyson Fury fight is obviously one Joshua would love. I have spoken to Fury and it is a fight we would want. He knows that. Fury has proved everyone wrong and deserves enormous respect. It would be a huge fight and occasion and we could make it for April.
    Likewise Whyte knows he has the opportunity. Joshua wants to fight him - he always does. I think Whyte got under his skin a bit after the Dereck Chisora fight and it's not as though they needed any more needle between them.

A lot of people have said Whyte is favourite to get the fight but at this point it is hard to say. Offers have gone in and he has spoken a bit about what he thinks of the offer. We have not made an official offer to Jarrell Miller but he is also an option.*

When the time comes to take AJ to the US and build his presence over there, fighting a New Yorker at Madison Square Garden would work for us.

All I can say is that when people, and I'm talking about all fighters here, say they are getting low-ball offers or whatever, you have to remember you are also being offered the opportunity to fight for the world titles.*

It is not just the money. And on that - it is not like they are being offered bad money. But on top of the money they have the shot at beating Anthony Joshua.

Joshua fought for relative peanuts when he took on Charles Martin for the world title. It was about the opportunity and we put value on that opportunity. I am not saying we are offering peanuts, because we're not.*

But we are offering the opportunity for a fighter to become one of the biggest stars in world sport. If you think you are up to it, if you think you can take out Anthony Joshua, then come and try.

"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...-come-him.html
    Last edited by Duckweather; 01-14-2019, 10:49 AM.

Wilder HAS to fight Fury again because he's getting blasted with tons of, "You lost" remarks and so he has to redeem himself.

Fury... can fight whoever the **** he wants. Personally, if I were in his shoes, I would fight AJ only if it paid several million $ more.

Although, fighting Wilder is probably the better move because he could beat Wilder (as we already saw) and then face AJ for a bigger share.

It looks like we're getting a fight we don't really want... but then again, who else is there that AJ can fight? Maybe Ortiz?

Comment

He needs to quit with the show and announce the opponent. I am absolutely sure they have known for a very long time what they are going to do.

A guy who kept Takam in his back pocket for years just in case he needed an alt is quickly and easily blindsided by a move that took what like a year to come to be? Surely a draw was in Eddie's lists of what-ifs and how to move on from there. Surely sitting on ass wasn't the full sum of his alternative plans.

Eddie Hearn is too good a promoter for me to believe he hasn't got a man for his champion.

Comment

Wilder stays ducking. When Joshua sign another fight he'll chirp up and announce Breazeale.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          He needs to quit with the show and announce the opponent. I am absolutely sure they have known for a very long time what they are going to do.

A guy who kept Takam in his back pocket for years just in case he needed an alt is quickly and easily blindsided by a move that took what like a year to come to be? Surely a draw was in Eddie's lists of what-ifs and how to move on from there. Surely sitting on ass wasn't the full sum of his alternative plans.

Eddie Hearn is too good a promoter for me to believe he hasn't got a man for his champion.
          Win/Lose/Draw he always made noise about a potential 2 way rematch for Wilder Fury anyway so there's no way he doesn't have a shortlist at the very least, especially with the venue booked. I think this is a PR move covering his back so people can't say that he never even tried Fury or Wilder.

Comment

Either way, we will know in 10 days it sounds like

Comment

Eddie is all bark no Bite...Please STFU already...Make the fights don't talk about them

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoGomez View Post
                Eddie is all bark no Bite...Please STFU already...Make the fights don't talk about them
                A stance many promoters have taken.....and also a big reason why the UFC has replaced boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by Duckweather View Post
                  Either way, we will know in 10 days it sounds like
                  We already know whats probably going to happen despite what these guys say:

JoshuaWhyte then WilderFury2

If Wilder Wins:

Next is JoshuaMiller (in Barclays/MSG) and WilderBrezeale Then hopefully unify in 2020.

If Fury wins (again) then no need for AJ to come to the US first. Sell out Wembley

Comment

Bring on Shyte 2 rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X