Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Fury Did Not Get Long Count, Wilder Rematch is 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Long count my arse lol

But it's weird how quiet fury and Co are right now. If that was me I'd be back in the gym and working on an immediate rematch. Then again there are rumours of a rift with Warren so who knows what's going on.
    It's because they are not confident that they could evade Deontay Wilder's punching power for a full twelve rounds again without getting knocked out. The last knocked down really gave them a scare. Wilder was able to do what Wladimir couldn't do and that was to close the distance and nail Fury by dropping him to the canvas with the right hand.

Comment

Only idiots would questioned how and why Fury is quiet. He and wife are expecting another child, he just came back from almost three years of inactivity, he already did more than expected by taking the Wilder fight when he could have had 4/5 tunes before turning the heat up on Wilder or Joshua. Like he said he would take a break and spend time with his family, just because he doesn’t dance to Wilder tunes when he opens his mouth doesn’t mean he is avoiding him, Wilder himself would never take a fight like that if he was out for that long, he had surgery and needed 2/3 tunes before signing to fight Povetkin but all of a sudden Fury is a coward for not running from his family to sign a rematch. If Wilder is so desperate for the rematch then he can offer to fight Fury in England, or better yet let Fury get more tune ups in, let Wilder dare to become the undisputed champion like he has never done before as a champ.

Comment

I had Wilder winning or at worst a draw but it wasn't a long count.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
          Sure. That is indeed the bottom line. And what kind of b*tch could deny Fury after rising-from-the-dead like that, anyway? For me, that encapsulated everything that is awesome about the sport of boxing. The parallels with Buster Douglas are striking - both truly epic and unforgettable moments in this great sport.
          so your classing wilder as good as mike Tyson ? Is that what your saying mr Hagler ?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            If the rematch happens it’ll be the same as before

If Fury can outbox Wilder without getting touched he wins if Wilder hits Fury with the hammer Wilder will win

I’m a fan of Fury but his reluctance to talk about a immediate rematch makes me think he knows he escaped that fight by the skin of his teeth with the KD in the 12th and wouldn’t be suprised if he’s still waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats having nightmares about that KD

Fury’s profile has done a 180 as most feel he won the fight but if a rematch happens and Wilder catches him ( which there is a very good chance and he probably wouldn’t be getting up this time ) he’ll lose whatever momentum he’s built from the first fight
            I disagree with you on Fury about being quiet and not making noise. I think the KDs boosted his confidence and increased his own self belief. Especially how he came back after that 2nd KD, he had ppl fired up and most see it as a fight he won. Showed real Champion mettle against a legit challenger.. his confidence is intact

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              I had Wilder winning or at worst a draw but it wasn't a long count.
              explain your score ? GTFOH
              Wilder won no more than 3 rounds.
              Fury 9 rounds at 10 points which is 90 plus 1 round at 9 points and then 2 at 8 points 90+9+16 = 115 total
              Wilder won 3 rounds at 10 points and lost 9 rounds at 9 points.
              30+81 = 111 total
              Clear winner for fury

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                The count was not long. However the ref did seem to give Fury "extra time" on his feet, recovering, before waving Wilder on.
                He was trying to get a feel for fury’s condition...which I don’t think he really needed to do. He was probably in disbelief that fury was completely clear eyed and steady on his feet. He recovered like it was some type of flash kd where he got caught off balance.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  It's because they are not confident that they could evade Deontay Wilder's punching power for a full twelve rounds again without getting knocked out. The last knocked down really gave them a scare. Wilder was able to do what Wladimir couldn't do and that was to close the distance and nail Fury by dropping him to the canvas with the right hand.
                  You're in denial. Its ok. I'm hoping for an immediate recovery while you're getting over this. Its common. Next is acceptance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Only idiots would questioned how and why Fury is quiet. He and wife are expecting another child, he just came back from almost three years of inactivity, he already did more than expected by taking the Wilder fight when he could have had 4/5 tunes before turning the heat up on Wilder or Joshua. Like he said he would take a break and spend time with his family, just because he doesn’t dance to Wilder tunes when he opens his mouth doesn’t mean he is avoiding him, Wilder himself would never take a fight like that if he was out for that long, he had surgery and needed 2/3 tunes before signing to fight Povetkin but all of a sudden Fury is a coward for not running from his family to sign a rematch. If Wilder is so desperate for the rematch then he can offer to fight Fury in England, or better yet let Fury get more tune ups in, let Wilder dare to become the undisputed champion like he has never done before as a champ.
                    I'm not saying fury is scared, it's just curiously out of character for him. Fury has been expecting the birth of his previous children also and not kept so quiet. You could counter that by saying he has had a change in character, which to me doesn't seem likely following his behaviour in the build up.

I personally think fury is not looking to hang on with Warren for much longer. There's already hearns statement that he received a text. Hearn, sky and aj bring a lot more money than being b side to wilder again.

Anyway, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      explain your score ? GTFOH
                      Wilder won no more than 3 rounds.
                      Fury 9 rounds at 10 points which is 90 plus 1 round at 9 points and then 2 at 8 points 90+9+16 = 115 total
                      Wilder won 3 rounds at 10 points and lost 9 rounds at 9 points.
                      30+81 = 111 total
                      Clear winner for fury
                      The two rounds he knocked Fury down in I had 10-8 for Wilder. I scored them that way because they were in line with how judges have scored in other fights that had similar knock downs. I had him winning round 2 and if I recall correctly round 6. A lot of rounds were close.

Comment

Working...
                      X