Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Claims Joshua Fight Offers Ignored, Wilder's Team Silent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    If it was a bad offer you can bet your life Finkel and Wilder would be shouting about it.
    Then shouldn't the "great" offer Hearn has sent been shared with the media? I mean they shared the 12.5million and 15million why not the percentage? If it's as great as they imply it would force Wilder's hand, but i'm under the suspicion it's not all that

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
      Then shouldn't the "great" offer Hearn has sent been shared with the media? I mean they shared the 12.5million and 15million why not the percentage? If it's as great as they imply it would force Wilder's hand, but i'm under the suspicion it's not all that

Hearn never shared the original offers. Finkel leaked them to the public so Eddie was happy to discuss them in public.

Now Finkel says business should only be done in quiet so Hearn has agreed to it. If Hearn talks about the offer now Finkel will claim he's trying to sabotage the fight, even if the offer paints Wilder in a bad light.

What we do know is that Hearn is on record saying 65/35 is fair. So we know what the ball park offer is.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
        Hearn never shared the original offers. Finkel leaked them to the public so Eddie was happy to discuss them in public.

Now Finkel says business should only be done in quiet so Hearn has agreed to it. If Hearn talks about the offer now Finkel will claim he's trying to sabotage the fight, even if the offer paints Wilder in a bad light.
        If this in bold were true then Hearn wouldn't be in the media every 5 seconds talking about Wilder and all they've done to fight him, without stating exactly what's being offered. This seems more like PR than a true negotiation because who the hell would keep calling after 5 times and no email replies?

Comment

Hearn is still under the delusion that Joshua is the A side.. why would wilder let Joshua take the Lions share of the biggest pot Joshua's ever been a part of?

Hearns way of not looking like Joshua is being babied.. keep saving that face mate

Comment

It's pretty simple imo. 60/40 or there's nothing to talk about...

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
              If this in bold were true then Hearn wouldn't be in the media every 5 seconds talking about Wilder and all they've done to fight him, without stating exactly what's being offered. This seems more like PR than a true negotiation because who the hell would keep calling after 5 times and no email replies?
              Surely you're being disingenuous.

Eddie promotes a ton of boxing events where there are media present. They ask him about AJ/Wilder. He says that they're doing everything to make that fight, but that he can't talk about numbers, per Finkel's request.

Standard and expected response.

Why call after 5 times and no email replies? Because this is a $50M+ fight and a follow-up email takes a few minutes max. Business over hurt feelings. If Eddie gave up after being ignored a couple times, I'd expect AJ to fire him on the spot.

Comment

is this the same barry hearn that told AJ to avoid wilder for like 2 more years?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
                  Once again, this more bullshit and spin coming from Eddie Hearn. His father was an open, honest and straightforward promoter, so why can't Eddie?

They are obviously ducking Wilder but don't have the nerve to admit it. Eddie is the biggest liar of any promoter I've seen.

Where and what are the terms, money and conditions of a Joshua/Wilder fight? Yeah, just as I thought; There aren't any because he has no plans of challenging Wilder next. No wonder Wilder is so fed up with all his bullshit lies.
                  The article quotes Barry Hearn...

Are you dumb or lazy? Lmaooo

Comment

"We have offered him successively more and more, not just guarantee money, but percentage money. It will generate many times more than he has ever earned in his life, but there’s a certain level beyond which we won’t go because AJ is the A-side.

Why even mention that last part SMH lol Why say there is a certain level we won't go that's just DUMB! LOL

Comment

Yo, if only the Hearns knew how much they rattle people lmaooo

Comment

Working...
                      X