Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. If Mayweather gave Canelo a rematch, what would the ppv buys be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    There were no swing rounds. Canelo at best won 2 rounds and that is being generous.

If you look at the Trout fight before the Floyd fight (a fight where Trout was forced to change what was working because the open scoring had Trout way down to the disbelief of everyone watching) and the subsequent Lara fight (a fight where the SD is routinely questioned) it's easy to see why Canelo got virtually whitewashed by Floyd.

He tried to outbox someone who is a significantly better boxer than him and it showed. Canelo gets plenty of credit, he just got beaten by a top 15 or so ATG. No shame in that. Happens all the time in the sport.
    So mate let me ask you again. You're only giving Canelo 2 rounds, fine. Do you accept or acknowledge that I could give Canelo 4 rounds? This is why I brought up Wilder vs Fury theory from all sides of the world. Compare scoring from judges, fans, polls, and network scorecard commentary. This proves why Canelo was not whitewashed. Guerrero, Pac, or Berto were whitewashed but not Canelo. Just because one judge gave Canelo a DRAW as in other judges do for different title fight bouts that go into question, doesn't mean a schooling is applied. Do you realize how many fans at the moment are saying Korobov schooled Jermall Charlo? In fact, haven't you learned score narrative for that whole card and boxing as a whole?

Canelo was not schooled. However, because of subjectivity, you have every right to your opinion so our argument is pointless perhaps. Canelo fought great at 23 and better than others did in Floyd's 6 fight deal. It's the reason why Canelo is such a superior boxer today. In five years his IQ has skyrocket with defense.

Comment

I don't know why this fight keeps coming up when it has no chance of ever happening. Mayweather made Canelo fight him at 152 or no fight. That was when Mayweather was 36 years old. Now that Mayweather is 41 years old why would he fight a vastly improved bigger Canelo at 160 pounds???? He wouldn't do that nor should he. Canelo is an excellent full sized middleweight and would KO any welterweight and certainly KO any 41 year old welterweight. It would not be a fair fight and Mayweather would never do it. Mayweather could probably make just as much money rematching Pacquiao who is almost as old as he is. That fight has a good chance of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Over 2 mil...MAYBE absolute best scenario 3. Many would tune in to finally see him lose, which he would..likely in devastating fashion.
        Canelo is 28 years old and somewhere near his prime (in it or has peaked already, been around a bit..or hasnt entered it..its hard to tell) and Floyd is an old retired man. Let him be.

If he started hurting for money, Canelo isn’t the first option even if its the most lucrative. There are safer alternatives that wont get him as hurt...like Pac or a smaller guy like Loma.
        I think it will do record breaking numbers because as you mentioned people would pay to see him lose in devastating fashion. I agree again that Canelo wouldn’t be his first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          So mate let me ask you again. You're only giving Canelo 2 rounds, fine. Do you accept or acknowledge that I could give Canelo 4 rounds? This is why I brought up Wilder vs Fury theory from all sides of the world. Compare scoring from judges, fans, polls, and network scorecard commentary. This proves why Canelo was not whitewashed. Guerrero, Pac, or Berto were whitewashed but not Canelo. Just because one judge gave Canelo a DRAW as in other judges do for different title fight bouts that go into question, doesn't mean a schooling is applied. Do you realize how many fans at the moment are saying Korobov schooled Jermall Charlo? In fact, haven't you learned score narrative for that whole card and boxing as a whole?

Canelo was not schooled. However, because of subjectivity, you have every right to your opinion so our argument is pointless perhaps. Canelo fought great at 23 and better than others did in Floyd's 6 fight deal. It's the reason why Canelo is such a superior boxer today. In five years his IQ has skyrocket with defense.
          No, I don't find that plausible given the fight I watched. The scoring in wilder/fury or charlo/korobov has no bearing on that fight. Yes, there are some fights with swing rounds that could go either way. There are also fights where one guy just outclasses the other. Floyd/canelo was the latter. The others were the former.

IMO is great today because he fought Trout, Floyd, and Lara in succession-3 men who IMO are either equal (trout) or better boxers than he. Yes he learned from those fights. No question Canelo is a very talented boxer.

Too bad he had to test positive for PED's because that will always taint his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            No, I don't find that plausible given the fight I watched. The scoring in wilder/fury or charlo/korobov has no bearing on that fight.
            Cmon mate. We're talking boxing. You can't cast grockel to one and not apply suspicion elsewhere. Why do you not apply the same logic of Wilder vs Fury with Showtime's lopsided scoring to the scoring of Canelo vs Mayweather? That doesn't make any sense we're both talking about the 4 criteria and the sweet science.

Ok let me ask you, how many rounds did you give Wilder? Keep in mind, reflect your answer, to many industry, fans, or even boxers. Many said Fury outclassed Wilder.

Comment

There’s no need for a Canelo rematch as much as I dont wanna see a Pacquiao rematch. But then again, money talks lol!

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                The Canelo since Mosley already fought Floyd at 52...They were like a year and a half or two apart.

This version of Canelo is vastly different. Even different than the Cotto version.

No offense but you’re delusional and living in the past already. It’s not that Canelo is that good, it’s that Floyd is that far past it. He wouldn’t beat a single top 3 WW or MW. Dude got hit with some flush shots from that asian kid and Conor had him hurt to the body.

The way Canelo won’t ever do 2+ without Floyd, Floyd won’t ever do big numbers without a big name either. It takes two to tango, always has and always will.

Canelo within 8. Likewise for Spence, Bud, Hurd, GGG, etc.

Lol like I said he’ll never do 2M without Floyd name attached to it. Floyd has several ppvs (ones he promoted) over 2M and other big numbers like 1.5 million for the Cotto and Mosley fights. How much did Canelo sell against Cotto? That Fight didn’t even crack 1M PPV buys in a Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry. Obviously Floyd is the bigger draw and you sound delusional trying to argue it. I’m tired about hearing about all these different “versions” of Canelo he’s the same fighter. Same Canelo who went a boring 12 rounds with a weight drained zombie JccJr. Soft punching jr welterweight Amir Khan was outboxing him and leading on a couple of the score cards. Floyd chin is 100times better than Khans. Floyd by UD Canelo too slow/flat footed and of course Floyd would actually have a real training camp for this fight unlike McGregor and Tenshin. Didn’t McGregor come in as a Light Heavyweight 175-180 and got walked down?
                Floyd by UD Canelo too slow/flat footed. Canelo couldn’t even hurt a old washed up 36yr old Mayweather. Mayweather is just the better boxer bigger star nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

The rematch numbers/sales on pay per view would be through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                    Cmon mate. We're talking boxing. You can't cast grockel to one and not apply suspicion elsewhere. Why do you not apply the same logic of Wilder vs Fury with Showtime's lopsided scoring to the scoring of Canelo vs Mayweather? That doesn't make any sense we're both talking about the 4 criteria and the sweet science.

Ok let me ask you, how many rounds did you give Wilder? Keep in mind, reflect your answer, to many industry, fans, or even boxers. Many said Fury outclassed Wilder.
                    Because Wilder won rounds dude. He had 2 KD's. Canelo had nothing of the sort. You can't possibly think Wilder had as bad a performance as Canelo and this is from someone that had Fury winning.

I had Wilder winning 3-4 rounds I believe. 2 of which, again, he had KD's which are 10-8 rounds.

Comment

My guess would be around 3 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X