Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. If Mayweather gave Canelo a rematch, what would the ppv buys be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question. If Mayweather gave Canelo a rematch, what would the ppv buys be?

The current ppv record is 4.6 million buys.

Over 2 mil...MAYBE absolute best scenario 3. Many would tune in to finally see him lose, which he would..likely in devastating fashion.
    Canelo is 28 years old and somewhere near his prime (in it or has peaked already, been around a bit..or hasnt entered it..its hard to tell) and Floyd is an old retired man. Let him be.

If he started hurting for money, Canelo isn’t the first option even if its the most lucrative. There are safer alternatives that wont get him as hurt...like Pac or a smaller guy like Loma.

Comment

Won't happen, Canelo is bound to his DAZN deal and Mayweather wouldn't see half of what he did with Pacman

Comment

I would say somewhere between 2.5 to 2.9 million. I would say it would do 3 mil something but to illegal streaming now a days I lowered it. The 1st won did 2.1 I think.

It would be mayweather’s 1st legit fight since pacquiao and also a lot of people would tune in because it would be very good chance he could lose due to him being so old and the weight difference is even bigger now.(which is the reason why I think a rematch is just brought up because Floyd would be at a severe disadvantage)

Comment

Probably 2.5-3M Easy money for Floyd he should take it at 154 or caneloweight 156. Canelo too slow and flat footed. Floyd maybe one of the greatest defensive fighters in boxing history I don’t see him getting hurt. Canelo couldn’t hurt an old washed Cotto at catchweight nor an old washed up Mosley. Canelo definitely needs it his numbers have been average he’ll never sell another 2+Million ppvs without Floyd.

Comment

Expecting Floyd to lose should push it to over 3 mil but not near the record since he already beat Canelo in lopsided fashion which many casuals will remember.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Expecting Floyd to lose should push it to over 3 mil but not near the record since he already beat Canelo in lopsided fashion which many casuals will remember.
              Floyd didn't beat Canelo in lopsided fashion. That's the biggest propaganda pool from Floyd lovers.

First off, Showtime Sports were completely bias (by order) to have commentary benefiting Showtime's 6 fight deal with Floyd. The purpose of pushing for Floyd in that fight justifies Showtime's retention for more future subscribers that lead to the Maidana fights and ending with Berto...

Guerrero, Pacquiao, nor Berto had more flush counter attacks than Canelo. Floyd's best rounds were 6-7 with those infamous replays of Floyd getting Canelo at the corner. Canelo then after those rounds came with an attack similar to the Lara strategy, but of course Floyd is a better defensive fighter than Lara. Canelo's earlier rounds with accurate jabs, combinations, and counters had no other adversary in Floyd's 6 fight deal do something similar. Perhaps Pac's Round 4 or 6 at best, but again, Canelo had more shots landed in better sweet science fashion than other fight in his 6 fight deal.

Canelo wanted to box, and I gave Canelo 4 rounds at best. Some fans or judges might want to give more round to Canelo for being the more aggressor and land the counters as mentioned, but I still gave them to Floyd.

Had Canelo just walked Floyd and attacked to the body like a Maidana and forget ego to want to box, then it could've been a different story, but its not in Canelo's fashion or character to fight like Maidana's basic fundamentals.

One judge giving Canelo Draw isn't farfetched. one could say Canelo had 3 rounds at best, but because swing rounds exist, 3 more rounds could easily go to Canelo if you're a judge not into ''running" or favoring more the aggressor. Some judges take prize fighting with a more grit scenario than basic point system from fans who swear by the 4 criteria.

I mean, Floyd Sr. had Oscar beating Floyd on the point system...
              Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 01-03-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                Floyd didn't beat Canelo in lopsided fashion. That's the biggest propaganda pool from Floyd lovers.

First off, Showtime Sports were completely bias (by order) to have commentary benefiting Showtime's 6 fight deal with Floyd. The purpose of pushing for Floyd in that fight justifies Showtime's retention for more future subscribers that lead to the Maidana fights and ending with Berto...

Guerrero, Pacquiao, nor Berto had more flush counter attacks than Canelo. Floyd's best rounds were 6-7 with those infamous replays of Floyd getting Canelo at the corner. Canelo then after those rounds came with an attack similar to the Lara strategy, but of course Floyd is a better defensive fighter than Lara. Canelo's earlier rounds with accurate jabs, combinations, and counters had no other adversary in Floyd's 6 fight deal do something similar. Perhaps Pac's Round 4 or 6 at best, but again, Canelo had more shots landed in better sweet science fashion than other fight in his 6 fight deal.

Canelo wanted to box, and I gave Canelo 4 rounds at best. Some fans or judges might want to give more round to Canelo for being the more aggressor and land the counters as mentioned, but I still gave them to Floyd.

Had Canelo just walked Floyd and attacked to the body like a Maidana and forget ego to want to box, then it could've been a different story, but its not in Canelo's fashion or character to fight like Maidana's basic fundamentals.

One judge giving Canelo Draw isn't farfetched. one could say Canelo had 3 rounds at best, but because swing rounds exist, 3 more rounds could easily go to Canelo if you're a judge not into ''running" or favoring more the aggressor. Some judges take prize fighting with a more grit scenario than basic point system from fans who swear by the 4 criteria.

Even Canelo was shocked at the draw scorecard and said "no, that wasn't a draw" in the ring. And that's coming from a diva in Canelo.

It was a completely one sided fight, it'd be hard to give Canelo two rounds. Canelo looked totally lost in there.

Let's not make it into something it wasn't. It was a one sided schooling. None of Canelo's team even make out like it was competitive, they knew what it was and accepted it.

Comment

I'll say 3.1

People will be convinced that this is when Floyd gets KTFO and won't wanna miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post

If you watched the fight and didn't think Floyd beat him in lopsided fashion then there is really nothing for us to discuss. The 114-114 card was roundly criticized in all corners. If you are unwilling to give Floyd credit for a dominant shutout win, so be it.

As for what Floyd's father said, context matters. He was beefing with Floyd during the whole lead up. He was upset Floyd went with Roger and not him. His pick of ODH winning defies logic. Again if you can't or will not give Floyd credit, ok.

The only question is what is your regular screen name and why did you get banned and have to create an alt?

Comment

Working...
                    X