Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. If Mayweather gave Canelo a rematch, what would the ppv buys be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say anywhere from 2 to 3 million

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post

Even Canelo was shocked at the draw scorecard and said "no, that wasn't a draw" in the ring. And that's coming from a diva in Canelo.

It was a completely one sided fight, it'd be hard to give Canelo two rounds. Canelo looked totally lost in there.

Let's not make it into something it wasn't. It was a one sided schooling. None of Canelo's team even make out like it was competitive, they knew what it was and accepted it.
      Maybe you haven't watched boxing as of late, but yes....scoring has been a big debate as of late between fans. Canelo said he respects the judges opinions. Stop lying that he didn't agree with the Draw, and Mayweather didn't school or else actual replays would exists other than 4 or 5 counter attacks out of 36 min. lol

Comment

It would depend on the illegal streams. Was streaming as readily available in 2015? It would still do good numbers, maybe even north of 3m.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          If you watched the fight and didn't think Floyd beat him in lopsided fashion then there is really nothing for us to discuss. The 114-114 card was roundly criticized in all corners. If you are unwilling to give Floyd credit for a dominant shutout win, so be it.

As for what Floyd's father said, context matters. He was beefing with Floyd during the whole lead up. He was upset Floyd went with Roger and not him. His pick of ODH winning defies logic. Again if you can't or will not give Floyd credit, ok.

The only question is what is your regular screen name and why did you get banned and have to create an alt?
          Like I said, I gave Canelo 4 rounds at best. You should know boxing is notorious with scoring debates from all sides of fans up to late 2018. And Floyd pushing for 152 when he fought Cotto and Oscar at 154... cmon. We all know Floyd had doubts at the full 154. Logic tells you if it was a schooling or Floyd's original narrative that he would beat regardless, Floyd would've made headlines to give Canelo 154 the same way Floyd made headlines about the size of gloves vs McGregor, that it didn't matter.

Canelo bit the bullet at 152, that's his fault, but he wasn't schooled. He didn't know how to close the ring on Floyd at 23 years age. Many elite fighters can use footwork to evade pressure fighters, doesn't mean its a "schooling." it's just all amplified because of the fighters involved.

Comment

I have no idea. I like to watch good fights but I pay little attention to pfv buys. It would be a big seller for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
              Like I said, I gave Canelo 4 rounds at best. You should know boxing is notorious with scoring debates from all sides of fans up to late 2018. And Floyd pushing for 152 when he fought Cotto and Oscar at 154... cmon. We all know Floyd had doubts at the full 154. Logic tells you if it was a schooling or Floyd's original narrative that he would beat regardless, Floyd would've made headlines to give Canelo 154 the same way Floyd made headlines about the size of gloves vs McGregor, that it didn't matter.

Canelo bit the bullet at 152, that's his fault, but he wasn't schooled. He didn't know how to close the ring on Floyd at 23 years age. Many elite fighters can use footwork to evade pressure fighters, doesn't mean its a "schooling." it's just all amplified because of the fighters involved.
              This fight is not one where the score is debated other than everyone except a very few pretending the 114-114 score was valid. Canelo's camp came up with 152, Floyd just obliged him. If you can't or will not give Floyd credit so be it.

This thread isn't about Floyd/Canelo 1, its about how many PPV's you think the rematch will sell so I will just leave this alone.

You forgot to answer about your main account and why you got banned and needed to create this alt.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Probably 2.5-3M Easy money for Floyd he should take it at 154 or caneloweight 156. Canelo too slow and flat footed. Floyd maybe one of the greatest defensive fighters in boxing history I don’t see him getting hurt. Canelo couldn’t hurt an old washed Cotto at catchweight nor an old washed up Mosley. Canelo definitely needs it his numbers have been average he’ll never sell another 2+Million ppvs without Floyd.
                The Canelo since Mosley already fought Floyd at 52...They were like a year and a half or two apart.

This version of Canelo is vastly different. Even different than the Cotto version.

No offense but you’re delusional and living in the past already. It’s not that Canelo is that good, it’s that Floyd is that far past it. He wouldn’t beat a single top 3 WW or MW. Dude got hit with some flush shots from that asian kid and Conor had him hurt to the body.

The way Canelo won’t ever do 2+ without Floyd, Floyd won’t ever do big numbers without a big name either. It takes two to tango, always has and always will.

Canelo within 8. Likewise for Spence, Bud, Hurd, GGG, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  The Canelo since Mosley already fought Floyd at 52...They were like a year and a half or two apart.

This version of Canelo is vastly different. Even different than the Cotto version.

No offense but you’re delusional and living in the past already. It’s not that Canelo is that good, it’s that Floyd is that far past it. He wouldn’t beat a single top 3 WW or MW. Dude got hit with some flush shots from that asian kid and Conor had him hurt to the body.

The way Canelo won’t ever do 2+ without Floyd, Floyd won’t ever do big numbers without a big name either. It takes two to tango, always has and always will.

Canelo within 8. Likewise for Spence, Bud, Hurd, GGG, etc.
                  Not that I disagree with you regarding top WW/JMW beating him, but I'm sure he is going to prepare for any of those fights SIGNIFICANTLY different than he did for Conor or Tenshin.

That said, at 42 even Floyd has lost a few steps and he wouldn't be able to move and avoid punches as he used to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    This fight is not one where the score is debated other than everyone except a very few pretending the 114-114 score was valid. Canelo's camp came up with 152, Floyd just obliged him. If you can't or will not give Floyd credit so be it.

This thread isn't about Floyd/Canelo 1, its about how many PPV's you think the rematch will sell so I will just leave this alone.

You forgot to answer about your main account and why you got banned and needed to create this alt.
                    The irony is that people don't contextualize properly. 114-114 is one card. One card similar to 100's of important or title fights in which we as fans question. Sure you would agree with this. If we were debating 2 judges scoring it a draw or closer that it was a Split Decision then we could argue about a schooling inconsistency, but again, swing rounds exist, the same way Showtime received a lot of heat for Fury vs Wilder..

I'll say again, by giving Canelo only 4 rounds at best, without swing rounds as I admitted, obviously I'm giving Floyd credit. I'm just no accepting this lopsided or schooling narrative. I have a gripe with that since I didn't agree with Showtimes lopsided scoring for Fury, so please give me benefit of doubt with my reasoning.

I got a way better angle for you to respect that you've never heard before, to prove that star level drama and amplification exists improperly.

Imagine if Guerrero, Maidana, Berto, or Pacquiao - all within the 6 fight deal with Showtime - imagine if these guys performed identically like Canelo, meaning switching roles.

This would mean that Guerrero, Maidana, Berto or Pacquiao's Ring IQ just suddenly BOOSTED out of nowhere. None of these guys have a jab reach in counters like Canelo. None of them have anchor combination moves like Canelo. It would suggest that all those fighters completely changed their style to upper echelon training which would make no sense.

It's moreso Floyd fans not giving Canelo his credit in the sweet science at 23 years of age. Had any of the other fighters were in the Canelo suit in that 6 fight deal fans would be screaming that they thought those fighters could do that to Floyd, and say, "Guerrero fought the best ever!" Keep in mind Floyd never stopped any of the 6 too. Canelo at 23 performed way better by the sweet science than any other in the 6 fight deal for Floyd.

There's no ATG Mexican that would go balls out on Floyd and forget fundamentals the way Maidana did. Floyd even cried on camera as in "what?" (with his frown face) when the judges said the Majority Decision.

How do you explain scoring, swing theory, or "schooling" for Clements and Pernick scoring for Maidana 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      The irony is that people don't contextualize properly. 114-114 is one card. One card similar to 100's of important or title fights in which we as fans question. Sure you would agree with this. If we were debating 2 judges scoring it a draw or closer that it was a Split Decision then we could argue about a schooling inconsistency, but again, swing rounds exist, the same way Showtime received a lot of heat for Fury vs Wilder..

I'll say again, by giving Canelo only 4 rounds at best, without swing rounds as I admitted, obviously I'm giving Floyd credit. I'm just no accepting this lopsided or schooling narrative. I have a gripe with that since I didn't agree with Showtimes lopsided scoring for Fury, so please give me benefit of doubt with my reasoning.

I got a way better angle for you to respect that you've never heard before, to prove that star level drama and amplification exists improperly.

Imagine if Guerrero, Maidana, Berto, or Pacquiao - all within the 6 fight deal with Showtime - imagine if these guys performed identically like Canelo, meaning switching roles.

This would mean that Guerrero, Maidana, Berto or Pacquiao's Ring IQ just suddenly BOOSTED out of nowhere. None of these guys have a jab reach in counters like Canelo. None of them have anchor combination moves like Canelo. It would suggest that all those fighters completely changed their style to upper echelon training which would make no sense.

It's moreso Floyd fans not giving Canelo his credit in the sweet science at 23 years of age. Had any of the other fighters were in the Canelo suit in that 6 fight deal fans would be screaming that they thought those fighters could do that to Floyd, and say, "Guerrero fought the best ever!" Keep in mind Floyd never stopped any of the 6 too. Canelo at 23 performed way better by the sweet science than any other in the 6 fight deal for Floyd.

There's no ATG Mexican that would go balls out on Floyd and forget fundamentals the way Maidana did. Floyd even cried on camera as in "what?" (with his frown face) when the judges said the Majority Decision.

How do you explain scoring, swing theory, or "schooling" for Clements and Pernick scoring for Maidana 1?
                      There were no swing rounds. Canelo at best won 2 rounds and that is being generous. I don't get why you are trying to make the fight closer than it was.

If you look at the Trout fight before the Floyd fight (a fight where Trout was forced to change what was working because the open scoring had Trout way down to the disbelief of everyone watching) and the subsequent Lara fight (a fight where the SD is routinely questioned) it's easy to see why Canelo got virtually whitewashed by Floyd.

He tried to outbox someone who is a significantly better boxer than him and it showed. Canelo gets plenty of credit, he just got beaten by a top 15 or so ATG. No shame in that.

Canelo sadly will always be known for losing bad to Floyd and testing positive for PED's. Shame IMO because he is a surefire HOFer if his career keeps progressing.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-03-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X