Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ellerbe: Hearn should worry about what's going over there at the Dead Zone (DAZN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    That's just a typical Saturday night non-PPV Matchroom show though right? Those are going to be whatever. It is clearly any good match up for the most part will go on PPV. But if DAZN isn't even getting all those cards, then not sure what the point is in picking up these non-PPV Matchroom shows.

If GGG goes to DAZN, you would think he fights sometime in April. Against who? I don't know, but they at least need to go hard in April and May. And they will in May if they make Canelo/Jacobs.
    DAZN will decide if they pick up the Matchroom PPV'S I guess. Dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yep. He said it in early December after Copp reported some fighters weren't paid

The reason I was rooting for DAZN to succeed. Man, I hope they get their **** together. Even if they do fighters will be less likely to sign up for season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        DAZN will decide if they pick up the Matchroom PPV'S I guess. Dumb.
        Right, which makes no sense at all. So you will gladly show mediocre Matchroom cards but will pass on some of their good PPV cards? Alright then.

Also gotta add the GBP card in Janaury with Munguia headlining vs Inoue. Wish they put Vergil Ortiz Jr on it.

Comment

Right, which makes no sense at all. So you will gladly show mediocre Matchroom cards but will pass on some of their good PPV cards? Alright then.

Also gotta add the GBP card in Janaury with Munguia headlining vs Inoue. Wish they put Vergil Ortiz Jr on it.
          It's the bigger cards that make the difference. Ortiz Jr is on that card.

Comment

I'm not a fan of DAZN soooo...,+1 Ellerbe

Comment

He'll probably be on it. He said he was back in training the other day. If not that card then he'll probably be on this card

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                It's more expensive than Showtime and ESPN+ though...
                A lot of folks can get Showtime with their cable packages cheaper than DAZN. Even with Hulu, Showtine is only $9. The Fox stations come free with those same packages.

DAZN needs to deliver ADDED VALUE to break into such a long established market.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  A lot of folks can get Showtime with their cable packages cheaper than DAZN. Even with Hulu, Showtine is only $9. The Fox stations come free with those same packages.

DAZN needs to deliver ADDED VALUE to break into such a long established market.
                  Youtube TV Showtime is only $7 a month. I dropped my standalone showtime for the YouTube tv add on

Comment

He'll probably be on it. He said he was back in training the other day. If not that card then he'll probably be on this card

But the Munguia/Inoue card is in Houston, and Ortiz Jr is a Texas kid. Granted, he's from Dallas but still.

Edit: Just saw that he is indeed on that Munguia card. Nice!

Comment

Youtube TV Showtime is only $7 a month. I dropped my standalone showtime for the YouTube tv add on
                      I think I pay that or less for Showtime with my cable package ( I know, shoot me I should be streaming everything by now but I have good reasons).

No boxing fan should want DAZN to fail. But, no one wants to pay for an empty box either.

Comment

Working...
                      X