Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do UK people really stay up at 3am to watch American boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Normally I record it and watch it on Sunday mornings. Big fights I stay up for, Wilder vs Fury and Canelo vs Golovkin the only ones I stayed up for this year.

Only number Ive seen for Wilder/Fury is 100k, but that could be trolling, Warren aint saying nothing though

The thing is, i reckon a lot more than 100k saw it. Even all the casual sports fans seemed to have watched it.

A lot of people get together to watch big events though, especially the all nighters, so even if the buys are not huge, i think the viewers would actually be quite high.

One of my friends had about 11 at his house watching it. My cousin had about 7 or 8 at his house watching it. They just went for a saturday night and then piled back to someones house to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
      The thing is, i reckon a lot more than 100k saw it. Even all the casual sports fans seemed to have watched it.

A lot of people get together to watch big events though, especially the all nighters, so even if the buys are not huge, i think the viewers would actually be quite high.

One of my friends had about 11 at his house watching it. My cousin had about 7 or 8 at his house watching it. They just went for a saturday night and then piled back to someones house to watch it.
      Think the average is 4 per PPV sold. Lot of pubs stayed open to show it, one near me had a free breakfast chucked it, last thing Id want after a whole night on the swill is a fry up though

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Think the average is 4 per PPV sold. Lot of pubs stayed open to show it, one near me had a free breakfast chucked it, last thing Id want after a whole night on the swill is a fry up though
        I'd definitely need a kip and to wake up before contemplating a fry up after drinking all night. not sure i could go straight from the drink to a breakfast.

Then again, i'll happily go from drinking straight to a curry house or something.

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
          Y’all must really love boxing! I’m curious what was the official view count for the Wilder vs Fury fight over in the UK?

Try 5:30, when some main events have started.

Only for the good fights.

If a British fighter is on the main event, the viewers go up significantly

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
            I'd definitely need a kip and to wake up before contemplating a fry up after drinking all night. not sure i could go straight from the drink to a breakfast.

Then again, i'll happily go from drinking straight to a curry house or something.
            Haha yeah, curry or a kebab is fine. Worst thing I ever done was buy a crab sandwich after a night on the booze and pills, still have nightmares about it. Amazing to think of the thought process to buy a crab sandwich out of a whole supermarket full of food when ****faced

Comment

Absolutely.

Been a lot harder these days though I really do struggle now at my age.

Last 3 years has hit me quite hard it seems

Still stay up to watch most cards but I might fall asleep and miss the main event Thank God for Sky record

Comment

Don’t watch the full bill anymore, will get up for last couple of fights, always better live

Comment

Yup even longer than that, fight starts about 4-5 am my time, main events sometimes as late as 6 am

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
                    Y’all must really love boxing! I’m curious what was the official view count for the Wilder vs Fury fight over in the UK?
                    I used to stay for all Mayweather fights and other big fights. Nowadays there ain't any more fights worth staying awake for. I watched the Fury fight, Jacobs is a big name for me, Spence and a few others. Unless Canelo is fighting a big name I don't waste my time.

Comment

I used to stay up for them all, then get a few hours kip.

These days I record them and watch them on the Sunday. Unless it's a real good flight.

It's been good in recent years with some of our channels showing more boxing. I remember the only way to see some fights was a stream at 5am from a website with hundreds of pop ups and the picture so pixalated it looked like a Mega Drive game.

Comment

Working...
                      X