Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do UK people really stay up at 3am to watch American boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely stay up to watch the fights. I'll probably go out clubbing, then get back home just in time for the boxing.

Comment

When I watch fights from US, whether its Boxing, MMA or kickboxing, the main card usually starts at 4-5AM and the main event in 6-7AM so yeah.. But usually I do stay awake for the fights that I want to see. I got insomnia so its not like staying awake for long periods of time is new for me

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
        When I watch fights from US, whether its Boxing, MMA or kickboxing, the main card usually starts at 4-5AM and the main event in 6-7AM so yeah.. But usually I do stay awake for the fights that I want to see. I got insomnia so its not like staying awake for long periods of time is new for me
        This too. Back in 2011/12 when I started following the sport again big time I wasn't sleeping more than a couple hours even on a good night, so I was staying up watching boxing from all over the globe and it wasn't issue. Last coupla years I got a more normal sleep pattern (well - except for the baby coming, course) and I only really stay up for the bigger fights... even then it leaves me a shambling wreck the next day.

Comment

Well I live in Europe..not Brittain so it's even 1 hour later in my country, less sleep. I stayed up for some big fights last year like Canelo vs Golovkin, Fury vs Wilder, Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux, Lomachenko vs Linares. If I really want to see a fight live I do it, if not I always watch the day after. We don't have boxing on TV here apart from AJ fights so I always have to catch it on a stream

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Takes a really big fight to keep me up these days. More likely to wake up early

Old before my time.
            Used to stay awake, now I wake up. For the Fury vs Wilder fight I woke up, but when Hatton used to fight, I used to stay awake or go out and watch it in a bar or something.

Nice Randy Turpin gif He fought in my country, in his last fight.
            Last edited by KidDinamita; 12-27-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
              Used to stay awake, now I wake up. For the Fury vs Wilder fight I woke up, but when Hatton used to fight, I used to stay awake or go out and watch it in a bar or something.

Nice Randy Turpin gif He fought in my country, almost his last fight.
              I hadda check, man. I ain't got the kinda brain that could leave a clue like than dangling... are you Maltese then? Or German maybe?
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-27-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
                Y’all must really love boxing! I’m curious what was the official view count for the Wilder vs Fury fight over in the UK?
                You kind of just get used to it. It’s never really bothered me tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  I hadda check, man. I ain't got the kinda brain that could leave a clue like than dangling... are you Maltese then? Or German maybe?
                  Maltese, I don't remember the fight as it was in the 1964, but I used to go to an old boxing gym here (still open), and the owner fought the guy that fought Turpin as well. He has a lot of pictures even from the Turpin fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
                    Maltese, I don't remember the fight as it was in the 1964, but I used to go to an old boxing gym here (still open), and the owner fought the guy that fought Turpin as well. He has a lot of pictures even from the Turpin fight.
                    Bit before my time too, but that's the kinda story that brings these dudes to life, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X