Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison Decisions Jermell Charlo, Controversial Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    Well said.

Always had my doubts about the Charlos...They could still bounce back, sometimes you just get tough fights.

The humbling experience can be a positive thing, as long as they recognize their faults and don't try to brush it off with ego.
    Agreed. I thought both charlos deserve credit for handling tougher than expected fights but they are not the dynamic stars that they are marketed as. They are both solid pros that have the potential to defeat any top opponent. Neither is the next Floyd or Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
      Don't you feel like an idiot now? Stop acting like you know what's going to happen smh
      😂🤣
      He must feel fuccing ****** after saying that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        It must be me.
        Surely all these judges can't be corrupt. They can't ALL be paid off. It just has to be me unable to score a fight and not having a clue WTF I'm watching.

Err, this 'sport'.

Thankfully there is no boxing on for a while, saves me the hassle of staying up all night just to sit left feeling like I've been robbed of something.
        Its the ambiguity of the criteria.
        Think of it in light of another sport: there is a basketball game the Team A is on offense, they execute a perfect backdoor cut, the big man sets a wonderful back screen, they point guard makes a textbook perfect pass, the cutter gets the ball in a perfect position, goes up for a layup...and misses.
        Everyone knows no points should be awarded,except for boxing judges. One boxing judges gives them two points for executing all the small things right (AKA Ring Generalship) even though they didn't do what actually mattered to score. Another boxing judge gives two points to the other team because they didn't allow Team A to make a basket (scoring points for defense).

Of course boxing judges support this, because it allows them to have some sort of esoteric superiority (only they are smart enough to recognize those things that should count for scoring). Along those same lines are the pretentiously snobbish boxing fans who can mock others as 'casuals' because all they see are punches landed and don't know how to really score a fight like the smart boxing people.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
          Its the ambiguity of the criteria.
          Think of it in light of another sport: there is a basketball game the Team A is on offense, they execute a perfect backdoor cut, the big man sets a wonderful back screen, they point guard makes a textbook perfect pass, the cutter gets the ball in a perfect position, goes up for a layup...and misses.
          Everyone knows no points should be awarded,except for boxing judges. One boxing judges gives them two points for executing all the small things right (AKA Ring Generalship) even though they didn't do what actually mattered to score. Another boxing judge gives two points to the other team because they didn't allow Team A to make a basket (scoring points for defense).

Of course boxing judges support this, because it allows them to have some sort of esoteric superiority (only they are smart enough to recognize those things that should count for scoring). Along those same lines are the pretentiously snobbish boxing fans who can mock others as 'casuals' because all they see are punches landed and don't know how to really score a fight like the smart boxing people.
          Your forgetting 1 important fact, Boxing has set rules that say Defense scores pts(so its nothing like basketball in that regard, where in those sports you mentioned defense is not how youd normally score),& that fighters should be judged based on which fighter is able to do more things well than their opponent (things well being the 4 scoring criteria) ,not just which fighter is able to land the most punches,(though that definitely is the biggest scoring criteria)

Comment

• Bad announcers are harming the sport more than bad judges. The announcers are clueless nowadays. And when they get on a narrative they are unwilling to change it.

Anyone who didn’t think that first fight was close misses it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
              You mad you gave Zaroku some green?
              Are you zaroku?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonbus2 View Post
                At least we know for sure that both Charlos' suck.
                What do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  Your forgetting 1 important fact, Boxing has set rules that say Defense scores pts(so its nothing like basketball in that regard, where in those sports you mentioned defense is not how youd normally score),& that fighters should be judged based on which fighter is able to do more things well than their opponent (things well being the 4 scoring criteria) ,not just which fighter is able to land the most punches,(though that definitely is the biggest scoring criteria)
                  No, I know those things are part of scoring (although to what extent is not fully articulated), I did not forget. But those being the criteria is what makes scoring variations so wide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    Bad announcers are harming the sport more than bad judges. The announcers are clueless nowadays. And when they get on a narrative they are unwilling to change it.

Anyone who didn’t think that first fight was close misses it.
                    This is a very good point. I was watching all of the fights from UK to US and it was hard with how biased the announcing was for the house fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Haymon spent the judges budget on the Wilder judge that had Wilder winning.
                      You're one of the most unless posters on here bro. Now insight or knowledge at all smh

Comment

Working...
                      X