Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRIME Floyd Mayweather vs PRIME Manny Pacquiao, Who would win and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd wins on the cards but he'd have a real fight on his hands early on during his usual adjustment period. PAC was a ****ing tornado at his peak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
      If Pacquiao injured his shoulder against DeLa Hoya in 2008 ....Then how would he be healthy enough to beat Floyd in 2009/2010?

Magical salt water wasn't discovered until 2015.
      LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        The fight was there to be made in 2010 with a 50/50 split, which is usually the biggest hurdle to get over.

The bottom line is the fight wasn't made when both were in their prime because Pacquiao claimed to need 24 days to recover from giving less than 2 tablespoons of blood. He continued to decline when a compromise was made for 14 days.

Now I don't know about you, but ducking what would be the most lucrative and most watched fight in boxing history because you need 14 days to recover from giving less than 2 tablespoons of blood seems ridiculous unless there was some other grave fear dictating the method for such madness.

I'm not saying necessarily that the "fear" was being popped for steroids. The fear could have merely been a fear of losing.

Because an irrational fear that giving blood 15 days before a fight would affect your performance is probably nothing more than a fear of losing.
        That argument easily goes both ways. The idea of requesting testing could be a fear of losing. Pacquiao complied with all standard NSAC requirements and the fight would have been made otherwise. Yes, Pacquiao was obviously the reason the fight was held back in 2010 but that issue was quickly resolved in under a year and the fight was pushed back an additional 5 years for even more petty reasons. This isn't a "he started it" issue here where if Pacquiao accepted, everything would have been just fine or that we can forget all the other things that happened because "Pacquiao started it" mentality.

Long story short, both guys were massively at fault here.

Comment

• If only floIV didn't duck he would have been ktfo in his prime by pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            That argument easily goes both ways. The idea of requesting testing could be a fear of losing. Pacquiao complied with all standard NSAC requirements and the fight would have been made otherwise. Yes, Pacquiao was obviously the reason the fight was held back in 2010 but that issue was quickly resolved in under a year and the fight was pushed back an additional 5 years for even more petty reasons. This isn't a "he started it" issue here where if Pacquiao accepted, everything would have been just fine or that we can forget all the other things that happened because "Pacquiao started it" mentality.

Long story short, both guys were massively at fault here.

You said it isn't a "if Pacquaio accepted everything, it would have been just fine" scenario...

But yes, it was. The testing issue could have been fear, but the contract for 50/50 was signed by only one of these fighters. The mediator was put in place to negotiate. If Pacquiao accepts 14 days then the fight would have happened....

He declined and it didn't. There really isn't much else to say about that. If it wasn't for his team, the fight in their prime would have taken place. It's just the way it happened.

Comment

• Floyd called a chicken by a boxing world because he don't want pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                Floyd called a chicken by a boxing world because he don't want pac.
                Manny called a joke by the boxing world when Floyd beat him easy.

You fools are some kind off weird, I suppose your country is very short on heros means you just cant let go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                  Manny called a joke by the boxing world when Floyd beat him easy.

You fools are some kind off weird, I suppose your country is very short on heros means you just cant let go.
                  Pac with one helathy arm beat floyd. Pac is countering floyd with ease and and he is the one going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    You said it isn't a "if Pacquaio accepted everything, it would have been just fine" scenario...

But yes, it was. The testing issue could have been fear, but the contract for 50/50 was signed by only one of these fighters. The mediator was put in place to negotiate. If Pacquiao accepts 14 days then the fight would have happened....

He declined and it didn't. There really isn't much else to say about that. If it wasn't for his team, the fight in their prime would have taken place. It's just the way it happened.
                    I said I didn't think Mayweather wanted to fight a prime Pacquiao. The drug issue was already resolved (2010) before Pacquiao fell off (2012), meaning there were more reasons for the fight not happening.

There were many more obstacles for this fight than just blood testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                      I said I didn't think Mayweather wanted to fight a prime Pacquiao. The drug issue was already resolved (2010) before Pacquiao fell off (2012), meaning there were more reasons for the fight not happening.

There were many more obstacles for this fight than just blood testing.
                      Seems very odd to say he didn't want to fight a prime Pac when only one of these fighters signed a contract to fight the other in their prime. And that wasn't Pac.

Again, if Manny Pacquiao decided that he didn't need a whopping 24 days to recover from giving blood, then the fight would have happened. That ends the conversation about whose fault it was that the fight didn't happen in their prime.

I don't know why you're saying that everything was resolved. Nothing was resolved until the fight was made in 2015. The closest they were was in 2010 when Pacquiao ran away over blood testing.
                      Last edited by travestyny; 12-25-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X