Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRIME Floyd Mayweather vs PRIME Manny Pacquiao, Who would win and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Really? So what you're saying is needing 24 days to recover from giving less than 2 tbsps of blood is logical?

Well at least you agree. The drug testing was reasonable.
    Well of course it was reasonable. I'm merely suggesting that stuff like that is a 2 way street.

Something like this seems very reasonable but every side has their right to disagree and that's what happened here. I get it was due to not being in the main contract but it was reasonable request that was rejected regardless.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...pacquaio-fight

I don't think you are understanding what happened here.

It's not like Mayweather just drew up a contract that was a bunch of crazy demands that were all his idea, signed it, and then said, Well, I signed it. You didn't.

Dude. The contract was negotiated by both parties. Pacquiao had agreed to the terms. That's the reason the contract was signed off on and sent out.

This might help you to completely understand:

So you are giving false information when you say Pacquiao didn't agree. There was nothing in the contract that he didn't agree with. He disagreed with the framework for drug testing, which you have gone on record above saying that it was a fair offer.

So now that you know the terms of the contract were negotiated and agreed to by both parties, and know that Pacquaio bailed due to what even you said was a fair framework for drug testing, I guess that means you agree with what I've been saying...?
    Pacquiao outright admitted himself that he wasn't going to agree to blood testing. Even Schaefer who was involved admitted that Pacquiao never agreed. So if Mayweather went under the impression that Pacquiao agreed to those terms, well that was under false pretenses.

"But Mayweather's promoter, Richard Schaefer, said all other issues have been agreed upon. "The good news is we have agreed on all the other points," Schaefer said. "Depending on what Manny Pacquiao decides to do we either have a fight or we don't have a fight."

Schaefer said he is still hopeful of the fight happening, based on the fact Pacquiao himself has not publicly said he would not accept blood-testing. "I am still hopeful because I really believe this decision didn't come from Manny Pacquiao, it came from somebody else," Schaefer said. "It's up to Manny Pacquiao to prove me right or wrong."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-blood-testing
    As stupid as it sounds for Manny to reject the blood testing, it's even more unreasonable to find reasons for the fight not to happen when Manny finally agreed to that term because they ended up agreeing to most of it 6 years later.
    Last edited by Raonic; 12-28-2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      --- TUE 50-0 an ATG sissy, fraud, and drug cheat extraordinaire.

After purchasing his own commish and drug testing cartel, they rigged him up real sweet for modern metros to gush over.
      The truth is awesome when you see it. Green K.

Comment

• Pacquiao wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          Well of course it was reasonable. I'm merely suggesting that stuff like that is a 2 way street.

Something like this seems very reasonable but every side has their right to disagree and that's what happened here. I get it was due to not being in the main contract but it was reasonable request that was rejected regardless.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...pacquaio-fight
          Come on, bro. That's not reasonable. It in effect would limit penalties for popping to $5million. The Mayweather side explained completely that they need to look at the contract they signed, which would have penalties far beyond $5million. This was not a situation that held up the fight.

They couldn't even get their whole team on their side with that one.

“It’s a nonsense issue at all,” Arum, 83, told The Manila Times on Saturday in a phone interview. “Mayweather is right. There is no need of it since they would be penalized by more than $5 million by the Nevada Athletic Commission if ever they become positive of drug use.”

https://www.manilatimes.net/arum-say...-fight/171052/
          From Bob Arum.

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          Pacquiao outright admitted himself that he wasn't going to agree to blood testing. Even Schaefer who was involved admitted that Pacquiao never agreed. So if Mayweather went under the impression that Pacquiao agreed to those terms, well that was under false pretenses.
          Pacquiao's team put it out there a number of times that he had no problem with "full olympic style testing" before they finally backed out of the fight. Also, we know he agreed to blood testing. He disagreed with the time frame, and you already mentioned it was fair, so there isn't really a reason to discuss the first negotiation anymore.

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          As stupid as it sounds for Manny to reject the blood testing, it's even more unreasonable to find reasons for the fight not to happen when Manny finally agreed to that term because they ended up agreeing to most of it 6 years later.
          Well because Manny turned down the fight before, the terms wouldn't be expected to stay the same. Manny wanted 24 day cut-off and 50/50. He wound up getting 0 day cut off and 40-60 I believe. Seems to me he should have accepted in 2010. That's if a loss to Mayweather at that time doesn't do so much damage that he can't sell subsequent fights like he used to. Arum might have done Pac a favor. In any event, we know that Arum definitely did HIMSELF a favor.
          Last edited by travestyny; 12-28-2018, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Come on, bro. That's not reasonable. It in effect would limit penalties for popping to $5million. The Mayweather side explained completely that they need to look at the contract they signed, which would have penalties far beyond $5million. This was not a situation that held up the fight.

From Bob Arum.
            I'm not suggesting it held up the fight. I'm suggesting putting penalties with explicit amounts. Part of their complaint was that it wasn't clear how much the penalties would be, just that it could be bigger.

Pacquiao's team put it out there a number of times that he had no problem with "full olympic style testing" before they finally backed out of the fight. Also, we know he agreed to blood testing. He disagreed with the time frame, and you already mentioned it was fair, so there isn't really a reason to discuss the first negotiation anymore.
            Well seems like that's where all the issue is. Manny himself didn't agree with it (acknowledged by the other side) despite what his team said. Floyd's team couldn't even get their whole team on their side with that one.

If his team said yes (even though Manny never agreed) and they drew up a contract Manny was never going to agree to all the terms to to begin with, well no **** he's not going to sign it.

Well because Manny turned down the fight before, the terms wouldn't be expected to stay the same. Manny wanted 24 day cut-off and 50/50. He wound up getting 0 day cut off and 40-60 I believe. Seems to me he should have accepted in 2010. That's if a loss to Mayweather at that time doesn't do so much damage that he can't sell subsequent fights like he used to. Arum might have done Pac a favor. In any event, we know that Arum definitely did HIMSELF a favor.
            Didn't exactly happen that smoothly. It took 5 years and a bunch of posturing that both guys themselves knew the other side wouldn't accept. Probably because they didn't want it.

Comment

From Bob Arum.

You have obliterated Raonic in this thread.

Not once has he come up with a link to back up his garb.

Comment

Working...
              X