Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters now trying to slam the WBA"regular" belt??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    If you recognize the WBA, then it's a world title as Canelo is literally the WBA world champion.

If you don't like that the WBA has world champions AND super champions, then stop recognizing the WBA.
    Callum is the only WBA champion at Super Middleweight. Canelo cant unify that bum belt so he ain't no champ. I only recognise 1 champ from the WBC, IBF, WBA and WBO. It's ridiculous enough already. End of discussion muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
      depends who u ask obviously

most feel its irrelevant and it has never been accepted by the majority regardless what a few trolls said to u
      It also depends on who holds it, why they are holding it, and who the "super champion" is.

For example, if a WBA champion is suddenly promoted to "super champion" for no apparant reason, then defends his title against a series of cans while ignoring repeated call outs by the "regular champion" - who had been his mandatory challenger until his sudden and inexplicable promotion - then fans are entitled to look at that situation and decide that the "regular" title holder has more right to call himself the WBA champion than the inferior "super champion" who is obviously avoiding him.

On the other hand, if a WBA "regular champion" has been KTFO in one round by the "super champion", then fans are not going to attach a lot of value to the title he holds.

Comment

I must have missed the folks who supported the reg because I have no clue what you're talking about. The regular title has never been seen as anything but bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Larry, please call out specific people. You can't just generalize.
          It's a bait thread larry does this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
            there is no bait here..I think I clearly listed what i am saying

Comment

Its because the real champion ducked ggg....

and judging by eye test, ggg way better than fielding so ggg would have been a.real champ if someone gave him shot to become one, whereas fielding gets stopped by all the real 168 champs

We might as.well all just go by boxrec if we are gonna treat every situation the same smh

Comment

Too many belts in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  For years I have been saying it was no real title, yet people wanted to say it was because GGG defended it and then when Manny won it from Mattyshee other posters wanted to claim it was a legit title...So which is it?
                  Was it a real title when Broner won it from Paulie?

Nah.. you got to apply common sense, man. It's reasonable to say that the top fighter under each org is the champion. The way I look at it is that the WBA world (what we call the 'Regular') is legit so long as there isn't an incumbent 'super' champion. If there's a 'Super' champ he's the man, if there ain't the guy with the 'regular' is the man.

So in the case of Broner I'd say his title was legit. In the case of Golovkin it was legit from the moment Geale vacated the 'super', in the case of Canelo his SMW title will become legit if Mundo vacates or is stripped, but not if someone wins it off him (unless the WBA decide in their wisdom that they ain't passing it on - their rules on this are plain stupid even when they bother to follow 'em).

Thing is there ain't a clear set of rules so the best thing to do is decide yourself what you think a fair and reasonable and system is and apply it consistently and equally whether you like the fighter it applies to or not. No-one can ask more than that.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-16-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    there is no bait here..I think I clearly listed what i am saying
                    Unless you name specific people, you're just setting up a strawman argument.

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                    I know he does it all time. And several times I've asked him to name people, and he always fails to deliver.

Comment

I do not care who sanctions the title, the title holder is what makes it legit..or not

Comment

Working...
                      X