Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters now trying to slam the WBA"regular" belt??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course it's not legitimate. There's already a champion wearing the belt in that division. Simple.

Comment

It's mainly the G string army that want to bash that title now. after so many years of praising it with Golovkin.

Comment

It's not the "real" title, but it's recognized by the people who have clout in the sport. None of us like it but it is what it is.

Comment

Larry, please call out specific people. You can't just generalize.

Comment

If you believe GGG tied Hopkins' record, then you have to believe Canelo is a three division champion.

If you don't believe Canelo is a three division champion then GGG didn't come anywhere near tieing Hopkins' record.

Consistency fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              It ain't no real world title...

Either you recognise Canelo as a 3 weight division champion and recognise GGG tying Hopsins record for title defenses as legit or you don't.
              You can't recognise one but not the other.

I think both statements are false and I don't recognise it as a world title at all...
              Exactly. It's basically an interim title or a mandatory.

Comment

It's been fake since William Joppy fought for it after Hop unified the belts .

Comment

Having different WBA champions is a joke and needs to stop but nobody can blame Canelo for going after it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    It ain't no real world title...
                    If you recognize the WBA, then it's a world title as Canelo is literally the WBA world champion.

If you don't like that the WBA has world champions AND super champions, then stop recognizing the WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      For years I have been saying it was no real title, yet people wanted to say it was because GGG defended it and then when Manny won it from Mattyshee other posters wanted to claim it was a legit title...So which is it?
                      I didn't say anything when Golovkin had it because I didn't care that he had it. It didn't elevate him to any higher position but seeing people call Canelo a 3 weight world champion for beating ****** Fielding really makes me feel like Golden Boy and such really care NOTHING at all about boxing. Just getting that cash.

Just didn't think Fishnets could be any more pathetic than after the kitchen utensils in his butthole.

Comment

Working...
                      X