Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pedraza: I'm Proud of What I Did, It Was Close Until The 11th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
    Then please explain to me why Diaz was constantly spitting out his mouthpiece? And while you're at it tell me why he was never given a warning about it. Do you realize that had the ref been a straight up fair referee, he would've taken 1 or 2 points for that. So if it was a fair then Rojas wins by decision. Understand their are rules & regulations that accompany's a championship fight. There is a weight limit, and failing to make the weight, suggests that you're not a featherwgt in that fight. Have you ever been in the ring? If so, you would know that when someone spits out their mouth especially constantly, this suggest that the boxer is hurt & disarray. Anyone that's ever boxed knows this.
    Look at the aftermath how each fighter looked....
    Man, Diaz won that fight, landed more punches and was the better man, the same Rojas said that.

He is a strong fighter but he is not on the elite level of his division

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
      The majority of the guilty is Sports and Recreation in Puerto Rico with his disorganization, funds are not sufficient and mediocre coaches. Also have to do with the discipline of the boxers. The problems with the puerto ricans crowds are the hyping of the boxers and the boxers living in this hype and ultimately much of them and not working more than 100% because they believe in this hype that they are going to become the next Wilfredo Benitez, Tito Trinidad... etc.
      Bro... what are you talking about??? explain....
      and you typed:
      The problems with the puerto ricans crowds are the hyping of the boxers and the boxers living in this hype and ultimately much of them and not working more than 100% because they believe in this hype that they are going to become the next Wilfredo Benitez, Tito Trinidad... etc.

you talking out your culo here, every boxing fan is in the hype & so are the fans & every fighter wants to believe that they can be the next Trinidad, Gomez, Ali, Me (Sugar Ray Leonard), Chavez, Sanchez,Duran..etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Man, Diaz won that fight, landed more punches and was the better man, the same Rojas said that.

Can we please stop the bu!!$heetz with this elite crap. It's like all you have to come to a conclusion & just like that they are not worthy of a title because someone deems them not elite (GTFOH!) Rojas is a monster! Diaz was seriously hurt in that fight. Even you know it...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Also can you please comment on this;
          Then please explain to me why Diaz was constantly spitting out his mouthpiece? And while you're at it tell me why he was never given a warning about it. Do you realize that had the ref been a straight up fair referee, he would've taken 1 or 2 points for that. So if it was a fair then Rojas wins by decision.

Comment

Lamentably, yes. That is the reason I am not proud like the majority of the puerto ricans who are blind.
            What's there to be proud on your part? you aren't Puerto Rican.

Comment

What's there to be proud on your part? you aren't Puerto Rican.
              Now you talking out your culo here. I was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico and I live my entire life in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. My father and mother they born in Ponce, Puerto Rico and they are 100% puertoricans like my both grandmother and grandfather who both born in Ponce, Puerto Rico. Don't waste my time anymore with false accusation of my race.

Comment

Bro... what are you talking about??? explain....
                and you typed:
                The problems with the puerto ricans crowds are the hyping of the boxers and the boxers living in this hype and ultimately much of them and not working more than 100% because they believe in this hype that they are going to become the next Wilfredo Benitez, Tito Trinidad... etc.

you talking out your culo here, every boxing fan is in the hype & so are the fans & every fighter wants to believe that they can be the next Trinidad, Gomez, Ali, Me (Sugar Ray Leonard), Chavez, Sanchez,Duran..etc...
                You forgot to add the part of my comment The majority of the guilty is Sports and Recreation in Puerto Rico with his disorganization, funds are not sufficient and mediocre coaches. Also have to do with the discipline of the boxers.

I live in my country all my life and I know what is happening inside. You believe that those news are going to reach whatever country you are. In the same USA, this news don't reach. This is more local news than anything. Also the puertoricans who live in USA are totally different to the puertoricans who live the entire life in Puerto Rico. Example: I knew some negative things about Cotto during and after his career that stay in Puerto Rico. I am not going to mention the things, because this is very low for my liking. Maybe someone who know put those thing in this site or maybe not.
                Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-11-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

You forgot to add the part of my comment The majority of the guilty is Sports and Recreation in Puerto Rico with his disorganization, funds are not sufficient and mediocre coaches. Also have to do with the discipline of the boxers.

I live in my country all my life and I know what is happening inside. You believe that those news are going to reach whatever country you are. In the same USA, this news don't reach. This is more local news than anything. Also the puertoricans who live in USA are totally different to the puertoricans who live the entire life in Puerto Rico. Example: I knew some negative things about Cotto during and after his career that stay in Puerto Rico. I am not going to mention the things, because this is very low for my liking. Maybe someone who know put those thing in this site or maybe not.
                  I can't comment on anything that i don't know about regarding sports & recreation center over there in PR. But their boxing gyms are much better prepared than the ones here in NYC. Have you ever been to the gym in Alburlgue Olympico in Salinas? (not sure if I spelled it properly). Or how about the Carlos Cholo Espada gym also in Salinas. I have been to gyms in Isabela (a little closer to you) nice looking gyms. At least the government helps support the gyms to some sort here in NYC you get jack $het!. I use to have a gym in Spanish Harlem & never got 1 penny from any politician... Where I currently train fighters in the South Bronx, the owners here do know how to run a gym. it's been running for almost 20 years.
                  And as for you saying that they lack good trainers.... not true, i personally know many good trainers over there. I mean think about it it's a freaking small island! And yet they were able to have some decent fighters in the last decade. I'll state it again, not everyone becomes Cotto, Tito, Gomez, Benitez, Camacho, Laporte, Calderon, Etc... Just because they rival Mexico in combat...it is preposterous to think they can match Mexico in number of champions they can produce....again it is PREPOSTEROUS.

by the way... Que viva el barrio Balboa, Mayaguez!!!
                  Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 12-12-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I can't comment on anything that i don't know about regarding sports & recreation center over there in PR. But their boxing gyms are much better prepared than the ones here in NYC. Have you ever been to the gym in Alburlgue Olympico in Salinas? (not sure if I spelled it properly). Or how about the Carlos Cholo Espada gym also in Salinas. I have been to gyms in Isabela (a little closer to you) nice looking gyms. At least the government helps support the gyms to some sort here in NYC you get jack $het!. I use to have a gym in Spanish Harlem & never got 1 penny from any politician... Where I currently train fighters in the South Bronx, the owners here do know how to run a gym. it's been running for almost 20 years.
                    And as for you saying that they lack good trainers.... not true, i personally know many good trainers over there. I mean think about it it's a freaking small island! And yet they were able to have some decent fighters in the last decade. I'll state it again, not everyone becomes Cotto, Tito, Gomez, Benitez, Camacho, Laporte, Calderon, Etc... Just because they rival Mexico in combat...it is preposterous to think they can match Mexico in number of champions they can produce....again it is PREPOSTEROUS.

by the way... Que viva el barrio Balboa, Mayaguez!!!
                    I don't know about the facilities you mention in NYC and the Spanish Harlem, but I was impressed when you said Carlos Cholo Espada gym, Alburlgue Olympico and some gyms in Isabela was better, I know they are good and prepared. but I never knew they was better compared to the Gyms of the NYC. They have good trainer far and between in Puerto Rico, but ultimately there are much mediocrity trainers in the present days. I feel they have to add more to their knowledge and their game. Cotto is the only elite fighter I consider after Trinidad. I know we have other champions in the last decade and we have current champions, also I know the WBA played dirty with Machado. The problem is I only consider them Class-C+ to B champions. Example: When Tito Acosta and Machado step up to the class they are going to get out boxed, because they are depending much to their power. Emmanuel Rodriguez struggle in the quarter finals of the WBSS and is going to lose 100% against Inoue. Verdejo was a deception. Rojas is still in my radar for now but is a regular WBA champion and I don't count the regulars with the exception of Machado who WBA played dirty with that shit of putting Davis super WBA with a smaller Cuellar who lost previous fights. I was disappointing with team of Pedraza when they use a stupid plan of using size and pressure to Davis and that backfire and not using the movement and length to outbox Davis. El Pitufo Diaz lost a embarrassing lost to a unknown Japaness in his opportunity to obtain a championship belt. Ultimately I am not proud with this current crop. I am only proud with the career of Cotto, the last boxing elite of Puerto Rico. My expectation and pickiness are high with puertorrican boxer and are the reason why I am not that high with my fellow purtorican crowds. Don't get me wrong, I am still watching the puertoricans boxers when they lost, I still follow them to see If they are making improvement and progress. I am conscious and aware not all of them are becoming elite. I only want a puertorican boxer who represent Puerto Rico well and defeat various class-B fighters and If they lost against a class-A fighter, I am still going to be proud. Pedraza was that boxer, but he made me angry with embarrassment for the stupid comment about the gift of Christmas he was going to give Puerto Rico after the suffering Puerto Rico endure from hurricane Maria, when we know he was going to lose 100% against Lomachenko. Maybe if the fight was a 50/50 affair, then I accepted a comment like that. In women boxing, I am very proud of Amanda Serrano, damn! champion in six different weight classes, a entertaining fighter at that, great charisma and well spoken person.

I live in Alturas of Mayaguez, that is a 10 to 15 minutes driving to Barboa. I was going to live in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico in February.
                    Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-12-2018, 02:35 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

I don't know about the facilities you mention in NYC and the Spanish Harlem, but I was impressed when you said Carlos Cholo Espada gym, Alburlgue Olympico and some gyms in Isabela was better, I know they are good and prepared. but I never knew they was better compared to the Gyms of the NYC. They have good trainer far and between in Puerto Rico, but ultimately there are much mediocrity trainers in the present days. I feel they have to add more to their knowledge and their game. Cotto is the only elite fighter I consider after Trinidad. I know we have other champions in the last decade and we have current champions, also I know the WBA played dirty with Machado. The problem is I only consider them Class-C+ to B champions. Example: When Tito Acosta and Machado step up to the class they are going to get out boxed, because they are depending much to their power. Emmanuel Rodriguez struggle in the quarter finals of the WBSS and is going to lose 100% against Inoue. Verdejo was a deception. Rojas is still in my radar for now but is a regular WBA champion and I don't count the regulars with the exception of Machado who WBA played dirty with that shit of putting Davis super WBA with a smaller Cuellar who lost previous fights. I was disappointing with team of Pedraza when they use a stupid plan of using size and pressure to Davis and that backfire and not using the movement and length to outbox Davis. El Pitufo Diaz lost a embarrassing lost to a unknown Japaness in his opportunity to obtain a championship belt. Ultimately I am not proud with this current crop. I am only proud with the career of Cotto, the last boxing elite of Puerto Rico. My expectation and pickiness are high with puertorrican boxer and are the reason why I am not that high with my fellow purtorican crowds. Don't get me wrong, I am still watching the puertoricans boxers when they lost, I still follow them to see If they are making improvement and progress. I am conscious and aware not all of them are becoming elite. I only want a puertorican boxer who represent Puerto Rico well and defeat various class-B fighters and If they lost against a class-A fighter, I am still going to be proud. Pedraza was that boxer, but he made me angry with embarrassment for the stupid comment about the gift of Christmas he was going to give Puerto Rico after the suffering Puerto Rico endure from hurricane Maria, when we know he was going to lose 100% against Lomachenko. Maybe if the fight was a 50/50 affair, then I accepted a comment like that. In women boxing, I am very proud of Amanda Serrano, damn! champion in six different weight classes, a entertaining fighter at that, great charisma and well spoken person.

I live in Alturas of Mayaguez, that is a 10 to 15 minutes driving to Barboa. I was going to live in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico in February.
                      Das,
                      Now don't get me wrong, in the 70's & 80's NYC had some Arse Kicking Gyms;

Gramercy Boxing Gym (Manhattan)
                      Time Square Boxing Gym (Manhattan)
                      Ringside Gym (Manhattan)
                      Gleasons Gym (Manhattan)
                      Starrett City Gym (Bklyn)
                      Universal Gym (Bklyn)
                      Bedford Styvesant Boxing Gym (Bklyn)
                      Park Slope Boxing (Bklyn)
                      Spartans Boxing Gym (Bklyn)
                      Morris Park Gym (Bronx)
                      Apollo Gym (Bronx)
                      Betances Boxing Gym (Bronx)
                      Jerome Boxing Gym (Bronx)
                      to name a few...And my experience with fighters that came from PR, they were always saying that the boxing gyms were practically free & that they had good facilities & were always attended by a trainer as oppose to there experience in NYC where sometimes the cost was too much & they weren't attended by a trainer.
                      So what i'm referring more to the gyms that they have today & the last 10 years over here. Put it this way when I first went to the alburgue Olylimpico Gym I was impressed! The same thing happen when I went to other gym in Isabela, Toa Alta, Cayey, Dorado, Salina, Aguadilla..etc...
                      And thank you for bringing up the WBA low balling Alberto Machado from the real WBA champ because he beat the real champ in Jezree Corrales. Then they decide to make Gervonta Davis the real Champion... How the boxing world allows stuff like that to happen is crazy.
                      And as for Jesus Rojas?...That's my dog! The dude should 've been crown when he fought Jorge Arce, Jorge Lara quits on him... & then when he whips Marreo, he should have been given a shot at Mares & or Santa Cruz. And we all know what happen when these 2 held the belts hostage only to fight 1 year later. It's ironic he should have gotten a title at the real title....

Mayaguez...you gotta check out MIRADERO!
                      a salute to; Dulce Labios, Columbo Landing, Mani...& remembering the caserio Marina Farm!!!

Think Boxing!
                      Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 12-12-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X