Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Fight Should Max Out At 325,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than I thought they’d get and it’s great that the fight delivered. Rematch will do even better. Remember Eddie Hearn saying repeatedly that the fight would never come off. Then as it got closer to looking like a reality he switched his schtick to “Fury is going to stink it out, going to be an awful fight. Now he’s got Big Tyson’s balls on his chin.

Comment

Are those the real numbers or inflated like GBP liked to do?
      250.000 was needed to get even with guarantees and undercard purses.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        A lot people here were hoping it flopped to support their agenda instead of supporting the sport.

Trash ppv events are the ones that Pac is lately in
        Do you mean the AJ fanboys?

Comment

Rematch does atleast double.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Those are pretty decent numbers considering the arena was not soldout. 17600 in attendance. I believe that arena holds around 19000-20000 seats for a boxing/MMA event. 325000 buys for $74.99 = $24,371,750.00 I believe both guys got around 10-12 million purses. I'm not sure what % of the PPV revenue they will get but I'm assuming it is a nice chunk of change. It did better than I thought it would.
            Not so fast. Both fighters (together) get only 45% of total US PPV.
            250.000 was needed to get even with guarantees (Wilder-$4M; Fury-$3M) + undercard purses.

17.600?! They must've given away a lot of free tickets to get that number. Though it's still hard to believe-almost all upper deck was unsold (not released to sell) except middle 4 sectors. Not much better was the 2nd upper deck.
            btw, the arena holds 21.000 seats.

Comment

More of fury's performance but credit to both guys for putting it all on the line

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                Not so fast. Both fighters (together) get only 45% of total US PPV.
                250.000 was needed to get even with guarantees (Wilder-$4M; Fury-$3M) + undercard purses.

17.600?! They must've given away a lot of free tickets to get that number. Though it's still hard to believe-almost all upper deck was unsold (not released to sell) except middle 4 sectors. Not much better was the 2nd upper deck.
                btw, the arena holds 21.000 seats.
                Still decent purses if it gets them both over 4 million..

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Those are pretty decent numbers considering the arena was not soldout. 17600 in attendance. I believe that arena holds around 19000-20000 seats for a boxing/MMA event. 325000 buys for $74.99 = $24,371,750.00 I believe both guys got around 10-12 million purses. I'm not sure what % of the PPV revenue they will get but I'm assuming it is a nice chunk of change. It did better than I thought it would.
                  Wilder got a $4M purse and Fury got a $3M purse.

They'll both likely get $3M each from the PPV buys, and maybe $2M each from the gate...which comes out to $9M.

Then you have to count the UK PPV, closed circuit and sponsorship. I think we're looking at between $12-15M each.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                    Wilder got a $4M purse and Fury got a $3M purse.

They'll both likely get $3M each from the PPV buys, and maybe $2M each from the gate...which comes out to $9M.

Then you have to count the UK PPV, closed circuit and sponsorship. I think we're looking at between $12-15M each.
                    I don't know what the exact numbers are but I figured 10-12 million they would walk out of this fight with. I guess when I said purse I should have said overall earnings.

Comment

325,000 x 74.99= $24,371,750

Comment

Working...
                      X