No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Fight Should Max Out At 325,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
    Not so fast. Both fighters (together) get only 45% of total US PPV.
    250.000 was needed to get even with guarantees (Wilder-$4M; Fury-$3M) + undercard purses.

17.600?! They must've given away a lot of free tickets to get that number. Though it's still hard to believe-almost all upper deck was unsold (not released to sell) except middle 4 sectors. Not much better was the 2nd upper deck.
    btw, the arena holds 21.000 seats.
    If you watched the fight I'm sure you would have heard the listed attendance at 17600 & change. They announced it several times throughout the broadcast. I looked it up & it said 20000 for other sporting events. 19067 for basketball & 18340 for hockey. Regardless you have 2300-3300 empty seats. That is noticeable for sure.
    Last edited by joe strong; 12-06-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

canelo and AJ stand alone.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        canelo and AJ stand alone.
        with nobody to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
          with nobody to fight.
          Don’t know about Joshua but canelo already whooped the so called “ boogeyman “ of the division so he’s sitting nice and pretty at the top of the throne like the boss of the sport he is.

Comment

Not bad! Both guys should pocket $6-8 million! On the other side, this just shows AJ is the cash cow by far between the three! Fighting AJ would bring those guys double the money they made fighting each other! I don't see a rematch happening because neither guy wants to looses their money fight with Joshua and I don't see Fury fighting Wilder in the U.S. after that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              Not so fast. Both fighters (together) get only 45% of total US PPV.
              250.000 was needed to get even with guarantees (Wilder-$4M; Fury-$3M) + undercard purses.

17.600?! They must've given away a lot of free tickets to get that number. Though it's still hard to believe-almost all upper deck was unsold (not released to sell) except middle 4 sectors. Not much better was the 2nd upper deck.
              btw, the arena holds 21.000 seats.
              250k was the break even for both to make 8 figures each, not their guaranteed reported purse. That doesn't even make any sense.

325,000 * 75 = 24,375,000/2 = $12,187,500. That right there is just off the PPV buys and after cable distributors take their portion. And I split it 50%, but not sure if that is the number the cable distributors get in this case. Haymon could have negotiated a 55/45 deal, but for arguments sake let's go with 50%.

So almost 18k in attendance with ridiculous pricing. "Gave away a lot of free tickets" eh? Like how many? Regardless, with that pricing the live gate will be in the $4-5 million range.

How many PPV buys do you think it did in the UK? Let's go in the safe side and go with 400k.

400,000 * 25.50 = 10,200,000/2 = 5,100,000.

So just off the live gate and PPV money from both ponds, the fight already generated ~$20-22 million. Add in sponsorship money along with international revenue? You surpass the $25 million mark. Now, from that money you will have to pay SHO/BT Sports, UC purses, etc. Still, the fighters walk away with $10+ million each. And I was being conservative with some of my breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                A lot people here were hoping it flopped to support their agenda instead of supporting the sport.

Trash ppv events are the ones that Pac is lately in
                Pac hasn't been on PPV recently, you obsessed weirdo.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
                  with nobody to fight.
                  Canelo has a lot of opponents to fight. Joshua can pay more for Fury than Wilder can if he wants to go that route. It's too bad that Wilder is too chicken to go to the UK.

Comment

Can't complain about those numbers. Everytime a fight like this does decently, it always makes me wonder why GGG and Ward couldn't sell PPVs to save their lives as headliners. I mean these guys are gifted fighters, always talked about in the boxing world.

Really makes you think casuals really are the ones who buy these PPVs because "hardcores" don't buy ish..

Comment

325,000 PPV Buys..... is that good ?

seems ok, not sure

Comment

Working...
                      X