No announcement yet.

If Wilder Beats Fury, we will have to admit that he is elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    In boxing, it is not just about skill but who you have beaten. If Wilder defeats Fury, he will have two elite boxers in Fury and Ortiz on his resume. That would, without a doubt, place him in elite category. Wouldn't you guys agree?
    There's doubt over if Fury is elite, 3 years and 140lbs gained and lost. How is Ortiz elite? Who's he beat to be considered so?

Comment

In boxing, it is not just about skill but who you have beaten. If Wilder defeats Fury, he will have two elite boxers in Fury and Ortiz on his resume. That would, without a doubt, place him in elite category. Wouldn't you guys agree?
      Ortiz is/was 50 years old. Fury hasn’t fought in how long? Cmon OP. Do better.

Comment

If wilder beats fury wilder will be better than we thought. Even though it won't be peak fury, but 80% fury.
        And fury shouldn't be too upset he lost to a very, very good fighter who'd he'd have beat 3 years ago. And maybe even beat in rematch h

Comment

It is the current heavyweight division. There are no elite fighters in it. It is very weak.

Comment

Ortiz was not elite, there are only 3 heavyweight boxers who are elite, and they are AJ, Wilder, and Fury.

Comment

Tysons best win was Ruddock. I have no doubt that Wilder, AJ, and Klits would have destroyed Ruddock.
              OK? But can they beat Mike Tyson? I don't even have to go that for back, I don't see Wilder, AJ or Fury beating Prime Wlad and Vitali, it took for them to get OLD and/or retire (Vitali) for other guys to become Champions. Wilder has the WBC because Vitali Retired lets be honest while Fury and AJ got Wlad at the right time

Not to discredit Wilder, Fury or AJ I like all of them...HOWEVER, when we start to throw around ELITE, that doesn't comes easy in the Heavyweight Division which has a very RICH History

So you want to be Elite and go down in History? UNIFY! After Unifying it doesn't stop, you then have to defend the crown over and over and over until you retire. So they all just getting started and neither are close to "ELITE" IMO

Comment

After tonight, he will be considered the man at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                  all that size and power doesn't make anything automatic! Both lennox and wlad were knocked out cold by smaller men those two were the best of this era of super giants. I think many great hw champs of the past handle wilder with ease. wilder just hasnt proven it in the ring against anybody of note for me to believe he poses a threat to any all time great.
                  Define “elite”

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    After tonight, he will be considered the man at heavyweight.
                    No. The winner of tonight's fight will have to fight AJ to determine who is the man at heavyweight.

Comment

By no means do I think I'm an expert, or that I know more than most folks who have odds of Wilder-Fury close, but I cannot for the life of me see how Fury stands a chance in this fight. This forum likes to call everyone "bums", but Fury literally has fought a 40 year old 50th ranked Cruiser, and some 60th or 100th ranked HW in the last 3 years. It's not like he's Floyd either - Floyd stayed in tremendous shape during his retirements, which let him fight top opponents after taking a few years off. Fury gained 150 pounds. That's insane. He still looks out of shape to me, and his skills look mediocre.

This is not the same guy who dazzled Wlad in 2015. Fury has no chance. If he makes it remotely competitive I'll be shocked out of my shoes. I expect him to move 'OK' for 3-4 rounds while Wilder starts slowly and finds his range, then get KTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X