No announcement yet.

If Wilder Beats Fury, we will have to admit that he is elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Huh? What? I mean yeah - if you want to call Wilder 'elite' already it's not unreasonable. Any fighter in the top 2 or 3 or even 5 of a division has claim to be called 'elite' under a literal definition, but what's Ortiz done to be called elite? And it's absolutely impossible to know right now what state Fury's in... dude might just be showing for the paycheck or he might actually still be a force to be reckoned with at HW.

What I can say for sure is that if Wilder does win you'll have some arguing til their last breath that Fury was shot to shit and others (like yourself) insisting that Fury is still an elite fighter... you got some way of objectively proving which is right?
    Crawford is considered to be elite but he doesn't have nearly the resume Joshua, Wilder, and Fury have. Son of Crawford is elite, so are these three

Comment

He's already elite. He's the 2nd best Heavyweight in the world. Is that not considered elite??

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        He's already elite. He's the 2nd best Heavyweight in the world. Is that not considered elite??
        None of the HW are considered elite

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          None of the HW are considered elite
          Bull****. Wilder and Joshua are both elite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            Crawford is considered to be elite but he doesn't have nearly the resume Joshua, Wilder, and Fury have. Son of Crawford is elite, so are these three
            Elite ain't always just about resume, man, but I ain't gonna put my definitions on you. You want to call all these guys elite that's fine by me. Personally I think Wilder is as good as the other two - or at least more dangerous H2H, but resume wise he's lagging behind a bit I think. Can't really say an old Luis Ortiz is as good a win as an old Wlad... nor does Wilders resume match Crawfords to my mind although Bud's is no great shakes either - doesn't mean he ain't one of the very best out there.

Comment

I’m not sure what “elite” means in this context. (How many elite fighters are there in boxing at any one time? Fifty? Thirty? Five?)

Wilder with his size, reach, strength, power, explosiveness and awkwardness would be a problem for any HW opponent including many past champions.

BTW, how many past champs who weren’t 6’-7” could compete in this era of giants that began with Lennox and the Klits?

Comment

Lol no! has to beat aj which ain't happening!

Comment

If Wilder overwhelms Fury, gonna make it more problematic for Wilder to accept less than 50-50 from Hearn.
                  But should make it easier to have a big PPV in USA. So then venue will also become a sticky issue, because it seems Hearn only wants it in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                    I’m not sure what “elite” means in this context. (How many elite fighters are there in boxing at any one time? Fifty? Thirty? Five?)

Wilder with his size, reach, strength, power, explosiveness and awkwardness would be a problem for any HW opponent including many past champions.

BTW, how many past champs who weren’t 6’-7” could compete in this era of giants that began with Lennox and the Klits?
                    all that size and power doesn't make anything automatic! Both lennox and wlad were knocked out cold by smaller men those two were the best of this era of super giants. I think many great hw champs of the past handle wilder with ease. wilder just hasnt proven it in the ring against anybody of note for me to believe he poses a threat to any all time great.

Comment

Both wilder and Joshua are elite, fury was elite we’ll see if he still is tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X