Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Joshua Did Really Well With Povetkin - I'm Totally Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    Lol that same prime Gold medalist, I forgot his name because he ain’t s#hit, was knocked out by David Haye the very first punch he landed. Siarhei who?? Sounds like a Japanese vacuum cleaner.
    Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
    Wilder gets soundly outboxed by Polish midget football hooligans and ex football players. He's by far the worst "champion" in the game. If he didn't have a big right hand, he'd be 0-40.

Bum.
    Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
    The same Audley Harrison that looked terrified during every second of his fight with David Haye before getting sparked in the 3rd? Also got sparked out by the glass-jawed David Price inside a round? Lost to journeymen Michael Sprott, Danny Williams, Martin Rogan and Dom Guinn? These losses were all before he was served up as a sacrificial lamb to Wilder.
    Audley Harrison is a perfect example of an amateur stand-out who's transition to the paid ranks got lost in translation.

Liakhovic; who has lost to old man Shannon Briggs (could stop there, but....), Andy Ruiz, Jennings, Helenius and Valuev?

Arreola, a fat journeyman who makes Lucas Brown look like a sculpted Adonis?

The only one on your list that has any relevance to the Fury fight is Malik Scott, who boxes in a similar way to the big gypsy i.e running, dancing and holding - only he's a bit smaller and not as good at.
    Noel and I were having a totally different conversation, I never made a case that the names mentioned were ATG or HOF. I gave a short list of boxers that Deontay toyed with and demonstrated his elite set of skills and power in those matches.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      A prime UK-Gold-medalist Audley Harrison!

Chris 'Nightmare' Arreola! Nicolai Firtha, you remember how Firtha rocked Tyson Fury? Now go look at what Deontay did to him! You guys are unbelievable! Malik Scott in one round! Siarhei Liakhovich WOW!!! Stop it!
      In reality, all those GIF's show is that he has incredible power and good abs that can take some punches.

I think what you are missing is that Deontay Wilder does not possess the boxing ability to make fighters look like amateurs. He has the stopping power, no doubt, but to make someone look like an amateur, you really have to beat them in every aspect and I don't think that Wilder has shown such a superior level of boxing skill, so far in his career, that it makes his opponent look ridiculous or render them clueless as how to win. He just knocks people out! As a HW fan, that is entertaining!

Fury did that with Klitschko, IMO. He also did it with Chisora a few years prior when his corner threw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
        Weird Fury is nice with AJ ...
        Weird Hearn says Wild cards at play for April 13 ...

Weird ...
        That is the first thing that came to my mind as well. It all adds to the fight on 1st December in my opinion.

Fury has all of his self belief, as Wilder has. If he can (somehow) beat Wilder and then line up Joshua for April, that would be one hell of a comeback. If he pulls off two wins against these two, I will bow down and call him the best Heavyweight in the world, not because it's fact but because of the circumstances in which he pulled it off.

We'll see I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
          In reality, all those GIF's show is that he has incredible power and good abs that can take some punches.

I think what you are missing is that Deontay Wilder does not possess the boxing ability to make fighters look like amateurs. He has the stopping power, no doubt, but to make someone look like an amateur, you really have to beat them in every aspect and I don't think that Wilder has shown such a superior level of boxing skill, so far in his career, that it makes his opponent look ridiculous or render them clueless as how to win. He just knocks people out! As a HW fan, that is entertaining!

Fury did that with Klitschko, IMO. He also did it with Chisora a few years prior when his corner threw in the towel.
          Fury's last 6 opponents barely landed a punch on him between them. Master boxer!

Comment

You can forget the gifs and look at the compubox numbers, Deontay Wilder is more accurate than Joshua connecting at 42.8% whilst Anthony connected at 34.6%. The 'Bronze-Bomber' also lands more jabs per round. After Joshua vs. Povetkin, I think Jarrell Miller is probably ahead of Anthony considering how many hard punches Joshua took on the chin, nearly getting KO ; Joshua is slipping very fast.

And Tyson Fury is well bellow Wilder in stats.

Comment

Noel and I were having a totally different conversation, I never made a case that the names mentioned were ATG or HOF. I gave a short list of boxers that Deontay toyed with and demonstrated his elite set of skills and power in those matches.
              I'd 100% agree with you on the power, Wilder definitely has a case to be recognized as the biggest single puncher in living memory of any fan of the sport. As to elite skills..... the only time I have been reasonably impressed with Wilder's boxing ability was in the 1st Stiverne fight when it went to points. To be fair when someone hits that hard they don't have to be the most skillful boxer, just skillful enough to connect flush a couple of times within 36 mins.
              My only gripe with Wilder's boxing style is that until the moment he connects it's not easy on the eye, but if you're looking at making a highlight-reel full of of 5-10 second clips, Wilder's your man.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                Fury's last 6 opponents barely landed a punch on him between them. Master boxer!
                You stopped at six because you know what happened with number 7.

Comment

I think Wilder has improved since he fought Audley Harrison - he looks absolutely horrible in that GIF! What is clear is that he has no natural boxing instincts whatsoever. Fury on the other hand is one of the most natural moving heavyweights I have seen, he has the ability to have Wilder swinging at air for 12 rounds.

Comment

A prime UK-Gold-medalist Audley Harrison!

Chris 'Nightmare' Arreola! Nicolai Firtha, you remember how Firtha rocked Tyson Fury? Now go look at what Deontay did to him! You guys are unbelievable! Malik Scott in one round! Siarhei Liakhovich WOW!!! Stop it!
                    Probably best not to mention Audley Harrison. He has been a national joke in the UK for years where he is known as Fraudley Harrison.

Even the casuals know that he is terrible.

I like Wilder as a fighter, but his record is weak af, that's just looking at the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                      I'd 100% agree with you on the power, Wilder definitely has a case to be recognized as the biggest single puncher in living memory of any fan of the sport. As to elite skills..... the only time I have been reasonably impressed with Wilder's boxing ability was in the 1st Stiverne fight when it went to points. To be fair when someone hits that hard they don't have to be the most skillful boxer, just skillful enough to connect flush a couple of times within 36 mins.
                      My only gripe with Wilder's boxing style is that until the moment he connects it's not easy on the eye, but if you're looking at making a highlight-reel full of of 5-10 second clips, Wilder's your man.
                      I agree with this, Deontay is just too strong! If he was as pillow-fisted as Tyson Fury, you guys would would be disappointed that we didnt get to see a KO, however Deontay would show off that Olympic pedigree!

But then people would call Wilder boring like Tyson and Hughie, you cant have it both ways I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X