No announcement yet.

The TRUTH about the AJ double standard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    I'm not asking anyone to circle jerk for Joshua. Just stop with all the madness. Wilder asking for half the money is crazy. Americans should jump on Wilder and tell him that to put pressure on him to make the fight. But no, they instead agree with him allowing Wilder to think what he's doing has value when it clearly doesn't. That will only delay the fight even further. Which is really ironic if you think about it considering they're screaming for the fight.

Wilder even said he was worth 60%, but for the fans will do 50/50. The dude is the most delusional fighter I've ever had the misfortune to hear. And we've just had the most deluded in history retire in the form of Andre Ward. So you do know how to produce them over there that's for sure.
    I don't get into the negotiations. But it is clear that AJ is on the A side but that is the biggest fight that can be made in boxing right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      If Anthony Joshua had been an American kid who had one the gold medal, hailing from a town outside of New York, it would've still taken him 4-5 years to develop into much.

The original poster was under some false impression that the US audience rushes fighters to stardom
      Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.

You would hope that, giving the natural abilities, he would have still made it to where he is today.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        I thought Wlad looked great that night.

But, in retrospect, that might have been more about what AJ wasn't than what Wlad actually was.

And, there is the fact that prime Wlad gets AJ out of there after putting him down.

As for Takam, truth is Chisora got him out of there in much more decisive fashion than AJ. There is just no arguing that no matter how well you think Takam was doing vs Delboy (which I take issue with btw).

Parker was somehow able to stay away from AJ but couldn't against a much lesser fighter in Dillian?

You are a regular excuse machine, aren't you?

No, AJ (and Whyte as well) are very carefully managed. Or else at least one of them would have fought Ortiz or Miller by now, nevermind Wilder. Yet, both AJ and Whyte have ducked Ortiz at least twice.

That's from being careful...and there are other examples.

Lol if you want to use triangle theories and all that AJ beat Molina and Jason Gavern much fast than Wilder (Molina took Wilder to 9, AJ done him in 3) So AJ>Wilder if you want to use traingle theory, I assume you won't for some reason though.

Comment

You've never criticized Wilder at any point really. Remember, he's one of the best to ever lace them up? He'll go down as a great? Did you forget that?
          It seems like the forum has Wilder criticism covered. If you guys didn't feel the need to stretch the truth at every turn I wouldn't constantly be reigning you in.

Yes, I do believe Wilder is the greatest of this generation and one of the ATGs. That doesn't mean I rank the kid based on what he has yet to prove. I think you are projecting.

It means I'm confident he will prove it.

Which is something the entire Joshua fandom seems to lack the security to admit. Y'all're too busy kissing Joshua's ass while living vicariously through him and appeasing your superiority complex...i mean sense of englishness....yeah ok, there ain't no difference.

Comment

• Im halfway through this thread...I usually read a thread entirely but I get the gist here:

First of all: If you look at Lewis carefully you will notice that casuals were the ones who were chronically doubting his ability. I made a lot of money on Lewis back in the day... His coming out was probably his defeat of Razor Ruddock. Most knowledgable people I know called that one correctly. After that? who really thought Golota was beating him lol? YET casuals were convinced that Michael Grant would destroy him.

Lewis was not charismatic. Where as Mike liked pet Tigers, Lennox liked his mother and chess. By the way I am not mocking him on this account. But this had something to do with his image. Also towards the later part of his reign he took on all commers so...it kind of follows that hindsight would spot that as a trend after he retired. Just like, for example, hindsight had to function for Larry Holmes.

My point is that I question how much his nationality had to do with the perception of Lewis.

With AJ I think the problem is a little different. It just so happens that many experts feel (I have heard Merchant say as much) that until a challenger beats the best American heavyweight, they have not made their bones yet. I think Lewis was getting the same treatment when he was setting up to fight Rahman.

Is this a slight against the Brits? I don't think so. Some may disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              He can’t force Wilder in the ring. No one can... like the PBC deputy president said “We would take that fight when it’s right”
              just like bobby hearn said, AJ should not fight wilder now because they have an 8 year plan for him....

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                just like bobby hearn said, AJ should not fight wilder now because they have an 8 year plan for him....
                It doesn't matter what "Bobby" says if Wilder signs the contract thats on the table. Get that pen and sign the contract, what anyone else says is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  It doesn't matter what "Bobby" says if Wilder signs the contract thats on the table. Get that pen and sign the contract, what anyone else says is irrelevant.
                  you just brought up what someone else said mate.... why cant I?

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    you just brought up what someone else said mate.... why cant I?
                    Because Wilder has a contract in front of him. Thats why its irrelevant what anyone else says to him. If he doesn't have a contract offer in front of him then cool. But he has one, the date is even on it. You think someone is ducking you? Then find your pen and sign the contract for the "Fans".

The payday isn't bad too, you would make 4 times what you would probably make in the Fury win. So its all sorted then, sign the contract and no one "Ducks" you.

Comment

So Joshua should just give in to Wilder's ridiculous demands of 50/50? Give him a rematch clause even though no B side has ever got one against a big A side in any weight in boxing history?

Would you not concede that you may just be slightly biased? Or do you think this ridiculous argument has any legs?
                      I never posted or suggested that so I can't see why you'd ask.

Biased in what sense? I've posted numerous times AJ is the a side, the better fighter and the fight should be where he wants it. Will I be rooting for Wilder because he is American, yes.

The bottom line is if AJ/Hearn wanted to fight Wilder, they make an offer that they knew wouldn't be rejected. It seems all but clear they want to maximize AJ's earning by having him fight a series of easy wins before fighting Wilder because Wilder, even though he is far worse than AJ IMO, has the kind of power that could end AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X