No announcement yet.

The TRUTH about the AJ double standard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    I think AJ is technically better and will dominate this era.

But, I also think he is going to take a nap the first time he steps in with Wilder.

He may also wind up being the only man to defeat Deontay (in a rematch of course).
    Styles makes fight, a fit Fury beats AJ. This version of Wilder stops AJ. Joshua for me is too robotic, He blocks shots with his hands as part of his defence, I have seen enough of him to know Wilder stops him. Fury would not stop AJ but he would outbox him. I don’t think Joshua dominates this era at all. I would be shocked if he beats Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Styles makes fight, a fit Fury beats AJ. This version of Wilder stops AJ. Joshua for me is too robotic, He blocks shots with his hands as part of his defence, I have seen enough of him to know Wilder stops him. Fury would not stop AJ but he would outbox him. I don’t think Joshua dominates this era at all. I would be shocked if he beats Wilder.
      I think that right now, you are absolutely correct.

I also think that Femi's learning curve hasn't quite run it's course yet and, like Lennox, adversity is what is going to motivate him to to hit that next level, that legendary level.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        This isn't about triangle theories, nor is it about how good or bad Wilder is.

It's about the fact that AJ may not be nearly as dominant as some of you think given who he fought, when he fought them, and how good or bad those opponents actually were or are.

But, it's just like a fanboy to use any peripheral chance that presents itself to crow an opinion on how they think AJ is better than Deontay.

I got news for you son...I agree with you.

AJ IS a better fighter than Wilder.

Still aint gonna mean jack shyt when Deontay puts him to sleep tho...
        Well if we're predicting the outcome I've got it going two ways.

The pressure gets to AJ, he gets gun shy like the Parker fight in the name of 'the sweet science of boxing' and gets clipped as he's not good enough to fight like that defensively.

Or

He's got a bit of his spite back after Povetkin fight and walks Wilder down. He's too fast, strong and can pull out some wicked combo's I can't see Wilder handling due these factors to his lack of defense.

Depends what AJ we get.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I never posted or suggested that so I can't see why you'd ask.

Biased in what sense? I've posted numerous times AJ is the a side, the better fighter and the fight should be where he wants it. Will I be rooting for Wilder because he is American, yes.

The bottom line is if AJ/Hearn wanted to fight Wilder, they make an offer that they knew wouldn't be rejected. It seems all but clear they want to maximize AJ's earning by having him fight a series of easy wins before fighting Wilder because Wilder, even though he is far worse than AJ IMO, has the kind of power that could end AJ.
          But no offer is going to be good enough unless he gets half and a rematch clause, even though no B side in history has ever had one against a big A side. So if Wilder and his fans want the fight, Wilder's fans are going to have to tell him straight that he needs to start talking some sense. If he does, he'll get the fight. It's there on the table for April with a new offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            Well if we're predicting the outcome I've got it going two ways.

The pressure gets to AJ, he gets gun shy like the Parker fight in the name of 'the sweet science of boxing' and gets clipped as he's not good enough to fight like that defensively.

Or

He's got a bit of his spite back after Povetkin fight and walks Wilder down. He's too fast, strong and can pull out some wicked combo's I can't see Wilder handling due these factors to his lack of defense.

Depends what AJ we get.
            I dunno man.

He really hasn't walked anyone down his last few fights and certainly didn't vs Povetkin.

I suspect he will respect Wilder's power much more than he did Parker's or Povetkin's.

And, of course, that will backfire bigtime...but he will last longer than he would coming at Deontay, that's for sure.

No, the thing that AJ needs to do to really beat Deontay (and Fury for that matter) is to be much more responsible defensively AS HE COMES FORWARD OR STANDS RING CENTER.

He is still way too vulnerable to get lined up for right hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Wlad was past his best, but he most certainly wasn't close to being shot. He was very good that night. He looked on top form. If not, tell me what he couldn't do that night but could in his prime?
              He would have finished AJ in his prime. Wlad was faster, and more aggressive in his prime. What you saw was Wlad trying to go out on top with a win and failing because he. I longer had it in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                He would have finished AJ in his prime. Wlad was faster, and more aggressive in his prime. What you saw was Wlad trying to go out on top with a win and failing because he. I longer had it in him.
                Now I know you're talking rubbish. Wlad was more aggressive against Joshua than he usually likes to be. Many made comment on it. And his speed was the same as well. Wlad has never been what you would call "Fast", he's measured and uses his reach to dictate the flow of the fight. Nothing changed against Joshua. Which actually surprised me because I feared he may be overly cautious considering he was facing a fighter his size who was a knock out artist. But no, he looked great and really came to win.

Comment

Working...
                X