Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a unified champion with 4 belts in 22 fights get called a duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to know why it took Wilder TWICE as many fights to get to the point where Joshua was in HALF the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      Why would Finkel make that meeting a priority when team Joshua first insisted that Wilder fight one of their stalemat es, then sent a ridiculously low offer, then named their price (50 million) then back peddled all to hell when their price was met, then sent a contract with no date?
      Team Joshua just isn't interested in this fight right now. Hopefully that changes.
      The 50 million dollars is a joke and they wanted Joshua to agree to a fight with no details. Wilder's side didn't want the fight yet. I'll admit they are making a smart move fighting Fury now because it'll increase his profile a lot. Thats a smart business move by their side. I'm hoping he wins because i'd love to see Joshua vs Wilder in April and a Dillian Whyte rematch does't interest me much at all.

Comment

His resume is decent but the fact is that when wilder's team called his bluff and offered the money he asked for, he caked his pants and went into hiding until Hearn got him a fight with another 40 year old in povetkin.

what good is it fighting everyone else and then run for cover when it's time to see who is the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          You really think this is going to change anyone's perspective??
          Most fans who say the whole thing play out, saw AJ ask for 50m, then reject it, saw Heard contradict himself dozens of times, and Heard B. Hearn say he did not want AJ fighting wilder for a while, can make their own conclusions.

IDK why people care so much. There's a lot of thin skinned AJ fans. I guess, when your HW champ is building up to a rematch with Whyte, while the guy you hate is facing Tyson Fury, it puts you in a bad spot as a fan.

If you are going to present one side of the scenario as the true one then don't be surprised when people ask what's up, seeing as it contradicts Joshua's career path. He takes more risks than Wilder and gets tougher people in the ring, that's a fact

It's far easier to believe Wilder never wanted the fight rather than Joshua when you consider both their careers and actions.

-Wilder claimed legacy was important, not money, then demanded 50/50.

-Wilder turned down $12.5m (5x his highest purse) to fight for all the belts (he called this slave money and what happened to legacy?)

-Wilder/Finkel made a bogus $50m offer with a 24hr deadline, refused to send a contract, cancelled 2 scheduled meetings, refused to tell anybody the fight had to be on BT Sport in the UK which was legally impossible for Joshua to accept (how many roadblocks here alone?)

-Wilder 'accepted' $15m with no rematch clause and then lost his pen as he waited for the WBA to enforce a mandatory, first claiming he wanted a rematch clause, and then claiming he needed a date and venue.

-WBA enforce mandatory and Wilder claims 50/50 or no fight again.

-Wilder goes on to sign a fight with Fury with no date or venue. Frank Warren admits he conspired with Finkel to get the Fury fight instead via the $50m bogus contract he helped put together for his network BT Sport.

-Wilder recieves a signed contract for April fight of $15m and doesn't sign it because Finkel claims it has Hearns signature rather than Joshua's (which is standard practice).

-Wilder recieves a new contract rumoured to be $20m minimum guaranteed or a percentage (whichever is higher) and a rematch clause. We have heard nothing since.

Me personally, I think I know who put the roadblocks up here. It's obvious.

There's a smear campaign gone on against Joshua by Wilders people and for a while they were winning the PR war and generating tons of Wilder fanboys to start trying to discredit Joshua but now people are seeing the truth come out.

Wilders people have removed many videos and articles from the internet that put Wilder in a bad light in an effort to sell him more. They want their cash out fight and the only way to do that is to big up Wilders name and try to tear down Joshua's.
          Last edited by EnglishOxide; 11-18-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            One belt came from a guy who won it due to his opponent injuring himself in the fight.

Two belts were vacants, thrown in to further hype a fight with a 40 year old coming off a 2 year layoff.

One belt came from a snore fest against a champion who just might not have been as good as some thought.

Careful management to 4 belts doesn't mean the fighter is proven, especially when only one of them came in the ring vs a legit beltholder.

So, when folk hear that this 4 belt guy turned down a guaranteed 50 Million or that the 4 belt guy is lowballing the guy he probably should be paying the most of any of his championship fight opponents (since it will be THE biggest most lucrative fight either guy has ever had), well then...some folks might get the idea that 4 belt guy doesn't really want the fight, or at least his management doesn't.
            Wilder's win over Ortiz told me everything I have to know.

Ortiz was SONNING that boy because he has very limited skills and experience, but hes got heart in abundance.

AJ and Usyk beat Deontay. We'll see on Tyson

Comment

The thing is, it doesn’t matter how many times these fanatics try to use that “50m” as their umbrella it still doesn’t make it true. We all know now that the offer was a fake offer. All you have to do as anyone that isn’t bias is to look both fighters respective careers and see who took risks and who is being protected.

Comment

They are fanboys. They are the worst fanbase in the sport, bar none. Hypocritical, gullible and naive.

Team Wilder are aware of it too. That's why they can afford to come up with their ridiculous statements and don't get sh#t for it. They know their fanbase consist of emotional manbabies with double digit IQs who eat up every word Wilder and Finkel say.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  They are fanboys. They are the worst fanbase in the sport, bar none. Hypocritical, gullible and naive.

Team Wilder are aware of it too. That's why they can afford to come up with their ridiculous statements and don't get sh#t for it. They know their fanbase consist of emotional manbabies with double digit IQs who eat up every word Wilder and Finkel say.

A lot of them do come across as uneducated. No offence meant by that. I love the fact that most of the knowledgeable American boxing fans are now calling out Wilder BS, they see the sign that he never really wanted that fight.

You think someone is ducking you? Then sign those contracts that he sent to you. The slave ones that you have never made in your career.

These posters are so uneducated they think repeating the same things that these Wilder females youtubers says count (If Wilder beats Fury) then he is number 1 at HW. Doesn’t matter how many times you say it, it would true until Wilder stops ducking and actually prove it in the ring.

So far, belts-wise, resume-wise, payday-wise... Joshua is ahead of Wilder, so he can either hold that belt hostage like he is doing now. And fight for less or step up his game and fight for all those belts.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    I just want to know why it took Wilder TWICE as many fights to get to the point where Joshua was in HALF the fights.
                    AJ was a high-profile Olympic Gold Medallist and turned pro with the biggest promoter in the UK. Obviously his progression was gonna be smoother than for a guy like Wilder who didn't have the same amateur background & didn't turn pro with a big promoter or TV deal. AJ had opportunities that Wilder didn't.

To me, it's all kinda irrelevant now anyway - they're both world champions and they took their own routes to get there. Like everybody else I'm bored with the side show & just wish they'd fight.

Comment

Because most boxing fans on here are either:

- Inherently stupid, or
                      - Looking to have an aggressive opinion online, in lieu of having enough testicular fortitude to do so in the real world

Comment

Working...
                      X