Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya Faints While Training To Make Weight, Fight Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second time this has happened.. move up to 126 already

Comment

Simple solution. Same day morning weigh ins with rehydration limits at 4 hours before the fight. Failure to make the rehydration leads to 50% of purse forfeiture and if the cheating/incompetent fighter wins it's declared a n/c.

With such severe penalties you'd ensure that no fighter dare take a fight without being 100% sure he can make the weight.

This would stop weight bullying, decrease weight jumping opportunities except for the truly gifted and lead to an increase in competitive fights. Fights would be won (even more) on boxing skills and gym training would have less influence - especially advanced techniques to cut weight.

There'd be less defined bodies in the ring but more evenly matched fighters. Promoters would like this less but it'd be more healthy for fighters.
      Last edited by SteveM; 11-16-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Jut stupid of these fighters to not fight in the proper weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
          Dude just go to 126. Don't kill yourself to make weight.
          I second that mate.The governing bodies need to do more to protect these fighters from themselves.If viable guidelines can be agreed upon , fairness in boxing is likely. This is a tough sport, after the lights, fighters are humans too!!!!!

Comment

These fighters literally almost killing themselves to make weight especially these little motherphukers. They at unhealthy weights. This reminds me of Antonio Orozco who had 2 issues like this over a span of a year refusing to move up because he was in a holding pattern waiting for a title shot. Diego is in the same situation he has been top ranked by orgs (currently #1 by WBO, #1 by WBA and #4 by WBC) he's been waiting over a year for his title shot thats why he's inactive and this was just supposed to be a stay busy fight.

These orgs dragging their feet to mandate his title shot and he doesnt want to move up weight and have to work his way back up the rankings and play the waiting game again when he is on the cusp of them finally enforcing his title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
              Jut stupid of these fighters to not fight in the proper weight class.
              It's not that simple literally every weight class is full of 75% of fighters that shouldn't be at that weight. Everyone is fighting 1-2 hell maybe even 3 weight classes lower then they should be.

Something has to be done before fighters start dying left and right. Especially at the low weights they already tiny and then it's compounded when they earn regional belts to get the rankings they need then because of politics they careers can be on hold for 1-2 years at the whim of corrupt orgs and during that time fighters are scared to take many if any fights because any loss or injury and they lose their spot in line.

If boxing instituted strict weight policies to even and mandate the playing field for weight classes overnight almost every fighter is forced to move up 1-3 weight classes. Otherwise you telling Diego move up to your natural fighting weight at a disadvantage go to featherweight and now fight guys who are natural lightweights walking around between fights weighing more then the welterweight limit. You can't go the speed limit when everyone else is on the highway going 100.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-16-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I don’t know how that makes 154 and not drained on fight night. How he is still throwing in the championship rounds.
                Drugs, more than likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  I see he is taking the canelo approach and draining himself to pick on smaller fighters

Doesn’t Canelo have a fight at 168 coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Yea I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. I don't think boxers are going too hard on weight cutting usually. I watch MMA to & this sorta thing happens much more often there, but a lot of MMA guys got a wrestling background & as a cat who grew up in a wrestling town weight cutting for those guys is on a whole other level. I saw high school kids not eat for a week to make weight for the Saturday meet. Who the f#ck knows the levels they are going to at the college & Olympic levels. I think the current UFC HW champion damn near f#cked up his kidney's cutting weight for the Olympics back in the day.

This weight cutting sh^t is f#cking insanity. I'll be glad when some reasonable people get involved in this whole racket & sport within a sport. The sport will be better when weight cutting isn't a thing anymore. And it will be eventually cuz these mfers are too attached to this concept to realize how f#cking insane it all is, but eventually someone is gonna die or reasonable minds will come to the conclusion this bs is a problem.
                    It's definitely getting out of control just look at the size of fighters compared to just 20 years ago, 30 years ago, 40 years ago ect. The fighters in every weight class are just much bigger. They are all fighting 1-2 weight classes lower then they should be. Every weight class is out of whack. Back in the day the biggest worry was about fighters missing weight because they were partying, eating getting fat in between fights. Now you got fighters with little to no fat on them damn near dropping dead. They are not cutting fat, they are cutting muscle and core body mass to make weight. When everyone is doing this body manipulation and fighting 1-2 weight classes lower then their proper fighting weight you can't be the only guy not doing it or you are at a massive disadvantage. Simple rules could eliminate this. Limits on how much you can weigh days out of the fight, hell what about a rule on how much you have to weigh when you sign the phuking contract? I mean if you a 1-2 months out and are 40lbs over weight then no fight. Or in lower weight classes if you over 20% of your body weight at the time you sign the contract no fight. It's really easy to control this shyt with rules if you really want to. Until then it will only get worse and fighters will die trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Comment

Needs to eat more Mexican beef

Comment

Working...
                      X