Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya Faints While Training To Make Weight, Fight Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faint KOs DelaHoya ...

Comment

I see he is taking the canelo approach and draining himself to pick on smaller fighters

Comment

Jarrett Hurd will faint one day too...

Comment

Gervonta Davis is going to be the next fighter who faints while training to make weight.

Comment

He should go to 126

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
              Surprised this doesn't happen to more guys. It's crazy what some will do just to get to a certain weight class that they borderline shouldn't be fighting at.
              Yea I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. I don't think boxers are going too hard on weight cutting usually. I watch MMA to & this sorta thing happens much more often there, but a lot of MMA guys got a wrestling background & as a cat who grew up in a wrestling town weight cutting for those guys is on a whole other level. I saw high school kids not eat for a week to make weight for the Saturday meet. Who the f#ck knows the levels they are going to at the college & Olympic levels. I think the current UFC HW champion damn near f#cked up his kidney's cutting weight for the Olympics back in the day.

This weight cutting sh^t is f#cking insanity. I'll be glad when some reasonable people get involved in this whole racket & sport within a sport. The sport will be better when weight cutting isn't a thing anymore. And it will be eventually cuz these mfers are too attached to this concept to realize how f#cking insane it all is, but eventually someone is gonna die or reasonable minds will come to the conclusion this bs is a problem.

Comment

Gotta fight at a comfy weight for yourself

Comment

I'm not sure how to make weight classes better suited but definitely something needs to be done.
                  One day a fighter will end up dead trying to make weight if it hasn't happened already.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                    I'm surprised this hasn't happened to swift hurd. Dude looks like he should he fighting at 168.
                    I don’t know how that makes 154 and not drained on fight night. How he is still throwing in the championship rounds.

Comment

Move up or start dialysis

Comment

Working...
                      X