No announcement yet.

Usyk is bodybagged by any top 5 hw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    Going by that logic you're overrating Usyks skills - historically the CW division has been one of the worst divisions throughout its history and the current division is no different.
    It's not a great division for sure, but it's way better than the HW division, that's for sure.

You don't have guys like Duhaupas, Szpilka and Molina fighting for title shots at CW. Those guys are about as good as your local butcher. I mean just recently Chris Arreola fought Wilder for a title shot just two years ago!

Travis Kauffman, who is ranked 60th, is fighting Luis Ortiz as the co-main event on Wilder-Fury.

You can't make a WBSS in that division. Especially if the top guys don't participate.

I'm not overrating Usyk's skills, if anything I'm underrating them. He's proven everything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      It's not a great division for sure, but it's way better than the HW division, that's for sure.

You don't have guys like Duhaupas, Szpilka and Molina fighting for title shots at CW. Those guys are about as good as your local butcher. I mean just recently Chris Arreola fought Wilder for a title shot just two years ago!

Travis Kauffman, who is ranked 60th, is fighting Luis Ortiz as the co-main event on Wilder-Fury.

You can't make a WBSS in that division. Especially if the top guys don't participate.

I'm not overrating Usyk's skills, if anything I'm underrating them. He's proven everything.
      You're choosing to look at the opponents of challengers for the titles or the challengers themselves rather then the champions.

Right now there's 3 guys at the top

Tyson Fury who holds the lineal title and was the man who ended the 10 year undefeated streak of Wladamir Klitschko.

Anthony Joshua who holds 3 of the major belts, an Olympic medal and also a win over the former king of the division.

Deontay Wilder a guy who has a bronze medal, has ko'd every fighter he's faced and one of the longest KO streaks ever.

Outside of that theirs great challengers who were turned away at some point like Povertkin, Ortiz, Whyte and Parker who was a former champion.

Then there's up and comers like Miller, Dubois and Joyce who had a competitive match with Usyk in the amateurs.

I'm not sayings it's the golden era or something but it's 10x better then the **** in the division below.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
        lol bellew hit him virtually at will and he is not known for his accuracy
        Not at all.

If you watch the fight closely, Usyk was a Floyd in there with some of the punches. He avoided a lot of fast and hard hooks to the body.

I was impressed with his defense. He was ducking and slipping many punches. Bellew had a big weight advantage too.

It's boxing. Punches will definitely land.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          You're choosing to look at the opponents of challengers for the titles or the challengers themselves rather then the champions.

Right now there's 3 guys at the top

Tyson Fury who holds the lineal title and was the man who ended the 10 year undefeated streak of Wladamir Klitschko.

Anthony Joshua who holds 3 of the major belts, an Olympic medal and also a win over the former king of the division.

Deontay Wilder a guy who has a bronze medal, has ko'd every fighter he's faced and one of the longest KO streaks ever.

Outside of that theirs great challengers who were turned away at some point like Povertkin, Ortiz, Whyte and Parker who was a former champion.

Then there's up and comers like Miller, Dubois and Joyce who had a competitive match with Usyk in the amateurs.

I'm not sayings it's the golden era or something but it's 10x better then the **** in the division below.
          The division is very top heavy, probably the most top heavy in the sport, but none of the champs are as talented as Usyk. They hit harder, but lack the talent.
          Povetkin and Ortiz are both in their 40s and are coming off knockout losses...and they're considered top 5.

The up and comers are far away from actually competing against the champs so bringing them up is irrelevant.

Comment

The division is very top heavy, probably the most top heavy in the sport, but none of the champs are as talented as Usyk. They hit harder, but lack the talent.
            Povetkin and Ortiz are both in their 40s and are coming off knockout losses...and they're considered top 5.

The up and comers are far away from actually competing against the champs so bringing them up is irrelevant.
            Really? What makes Usyk so much more talented then the other 3? Speed? Skills? Movement? Because if that was it, every top fighter in the welterweight division would be more talented then Usyk.

Yeah those two lost to the 2 champions in the division in highly competitive fights - nothing to be ashamed of.

Those up and comers are far away I agree like Joyce who had a close match with Usyk in the amateurs and the fact that he's so far away and Usyk is champion in his division proves just how bad the cruiserweight division is.

Comment

Briedis just got a robbery win over a nobody lmao, why don't you tell us about how great a fighter Noel Gevor is? Did you even hear about him before he fought Usyk?

Glowacki went life and death with a 6-0 fighter after fighting Usyk and just barely beat a guy that couldn't even crack top 10 at LHW, Vlasov.

Go ahead and show me where this is happening at HW.

Comment

I think you will be eating you words in the next cpl of years.
                Wilder isn't much bigger than Usyk and he can handle most shots.
                Has Usyk been down before I'm guessing but I would have to say no.
                Maybe when he fills out to the heavies he will have decent power.
                It's all guessing at this stage until he makes the move and we get to see him fight at this weight.
                I think he will be a huge threat after getting acclimatized to the heavier weight.
                WAR USYK.

Comment

They can't box off the backfoot set traps, counter like Bellew, they're noway near as skilled or as experienced and Usyk isn't going to pressure like he did last night and even if he did they can't put up with that, they'll be gassed in 6.

They have no jabs - apart from like two of them.
                  They're 4 round fighters with zero footwork. Usyk will pick them all off just like he did Gassiev.
                  Open your eyes they're a bunch of big slobs. You honestly think Dillian Whyte and them lot can box? They're just static, two fat guys stood swinging for 3 rounds until they're gassed followed by 9 of clinching. Fury and Wilder are the only two in shape.

Usyk can throw 100 punches a round for 15 rounds without breaking a sweat. He's a machine.
                  You can call him a CW he's in truth an in shape HW that is what he is.

He doesn't need to get bigger or to develop more power. They don't have the feet, the skill, the stamina or anything.
                  The HW division is **** the only thing they have going for them is size.

Comment

They're so **** they don't even have a style.
                    Just two yobs taking it turns to punch each other, its all it is.

Look at Whyte vs Chisora and Takam etc
                    FOTY? Lol! Absolutely no skill at all. Just a slapfest.
                    That isn't boxing, its two bouncers having a go.

The division is a joke you could mould them all together and you wouldn't get one Larry Holmes, Ali, Bowe, Holyfield, Ibeabuchi, Foreman, Frazier and so on

Comment

lol mate, you said the same thing about Canelo and Golovkin.

Actually WATCH the fights, you'll be either be more or less disappointed depending on who you're cheering for.

BTW the HWs are the slowest, stiffest and sloppiest fighters in the sport. Usyk, who is likely being drained having to cut weight to fight at cruiserweight will still be able to keep his superior movement on top of just being a better boxer and faster than anyone in that weight class.

If there is a fighter that would trouble him, it's Fury. Because Fury knows how to tie up smaller fighters and can slow down the pace of a fight. Plus he'd have a huge height advantage over Usyk.

But I just saw 6'0 Povetkin light up Anthony Joshua. I saw Szpilka, Gerald Washington and Luis Ortiz win several rounds over Wilder before getting stopped.

The HWs are very, very vulnerable and can lose on any given night.
                      Only one that beats Usyk at HW is Fury. Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X