Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy is supposed to challenge AJ and Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    That's one way of looking at it...another way is bellew was only competitive with a usyk's first gear. He landed some good right hands, but usyk made adjustments and started catching him. The fight had a "matter of time" feel to it...usyk would start to pull away, and that's exactly what happened. If bellew didn't get stopped, he was in for a beating.
    Briedis looked fine against Usyk's 2nd gear, I'm just not convinced his 2nd gear is all that.

Bellew has already been stopped 2 rounds earlier and actually shut out by Stevenson. He's never been particularly durable or that good for the matter.

He's 35, and hadn't fought at cruiser in 2 years after getting fat at HW. He was practically guaranteed to fade in there. The first clean left hook Usyk landed had him hurt, Usyk has never been a guy to 1 punch KO someone or hurt them like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Briedis looked fine against Usyk's 2nd gear, I'm just not convinced his 2nd gear is all that.

Bellew has already been stopped 2 rounds earlier and actually shut out by Stevenson. He's never been particularly durable or that good for the matter.

He's 35, and hadn't fought at cruiser in 2 years after getting fat at HW. He was practically guaranteed to fade in there. The first clean left hook Usyk landed had him hurt, Usyk has never been a guy to 1 punch KO someone or hurt them like that.
      No way Bellew was gonna win that fight, hurt or not. If usyk didn't stop him, he was about to cruise to a comfortable decision. Why is it every time a fighter starts taking over a fight or adjusting, it's cuz the other guy "gassed out"? Like nothing usyk was doing in there effected bellew...he just got lucky that bellew suddenly couldn't take a punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        No way Bellew was gonna win that fight, hurt or not. If usyk didn't stop him, he was about to cruise to a comfortable decision. Why is it every time a fighter starts taking over a fight or adjusting, it's cuz the other guy "gassed out"? Like nothing usyk was doing in there effected bellew...he just got lucky that bellew suddenly couldn't take a punch.
        Because they don't understand boxing, there is a difference between following boxing and understanding it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          He's literally a career LHW lmao, he didn't even look like a boxer when he weighed 213lbs, looked like some guy off the street:

Usyk actually rehydrates to around what Bellew weighed in that pic, Bellew doesn't rehydrate at all.
          20 of Bellew’s 33 pro fights have been either at Cruiser or Heavy. That’s not a “career light heavyweight” he moved up because he couldn’t make 175.

Also, Bellew was a heavyweight (Cruiser) in the Amateurs. (47 fights)

So that’s 67 fights above light heavyweight, and 13 at light heavyweight. Yes Tony is soft. So is Dorticos and many other boxers. It’s professional boxing not modeling. They know what weight their body performs at better than you.

Looks like you don’t know what you’re talking about.
          Last edited by _Rexy_; 11-13-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Because they don't understand boxing, there is a difference between following boxing and understanding it.
            Ali got lucky that Foreman gassed. Wasn’t a strategy at all!

Comment

• What I don't understand is why so many boxing fans hold Usyk's achievements to such a much higher standard of excellence than Terence Crawford's after they both have accomplished the very same exact thing? I mean they both have cleaned out their respective divisions by becoming undisputed champions.

In addition, to becoming an undisputed champion; Crawford has held titles in three different weight divisions as well. Yet Uysk gets more praise and accolades but Terrence Crawford does not.

Why? Please help me understand this. I mean I haven't heard or hardly even known of any of the opponents that Oleksandr have defeated to clean out the cruiserweight division or in his career. All I know is that at least two of them were undefeated at the time but I have heard and known of Crawford's opponents though.

I am not saying that Usyk or Crawford are not good fighters because they are. As a matter of fact, both Bud and Ysyk are excellent fighters; However at the same time, I just don't get this hype train over Oleksandr Usyk being a better undisputed champion than Terence Crawford was.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Lol .. do you think Haye and Holyfield never got hit or lost rounds at cruiserweight?

Haye got ktfo by Carl Thompson at cw, ffs!

Usyk is clearly a better cruiserweight than Haye ever was and there is no reason to think he won't be better at HW too.

Physically, he is naturally bigger, faster and much more mobile than Holyfield, and seems to be able to fight at a higher pace too.

Whether he has the chin, mental toughness and unbreakable will that made Holyfield so difficult to beat at HW remains to be seen.
                Usyk in my opinion is completely and utterly overrated 'He would of been obliterated by a prime David Haye!'. You mentioned Carl Thompson as if he was some kind of bad fighter! Usyk would not have a easy night with Carl Thompson ether....

Tony Bellew was clearly affected by the weight loss moving back down to heavyweight! Because in reality Tony Bellew has never been a Light Heavyweight or Crusier-weight naturally, as a amateur he was fighting as a super-heavyweight. Usyk is a decent well school fighter, but for me his style is too amateur and straight forward! Thus-far in his career, I have seen zero inside fighting ability from him! All I have seen is that? He like's everything at long range, well? At a height of 6"3 lets see how plans on playing the long game with these heavyweights! He is not a big puncher, and his defense thus far has worked against Cruiser-weights! But in the heavyweight division he will have to add some lateral movement 'And evolve his game!' Don't get me wrong, Usyk is a good fighter! I just don't understand the comparison people are making with him and Lomachenko!

Tony Bellew from the first bell look empty inside, and I disagree with the notion that it was one of his best performances! His muscles seemed empty, and he appeared flat to me 'Visibly weak' just like his fights at Light Heavyweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  Usyk in my opinion is completely and utterly overrated 'He would of been obliterated by a prime David Haye!'. You mentioned Carl Thompson as if he was some kind of bad fighter! Usyk would not have a easy night with Carl Thompson ether....

Tony Bellew was clearly affected by the weight loss moving back down to heavyweight! Because in reality Tony Bellew has never been a Light Heavyweight or Crusier-weight naturally, as a amateur he was fighting as a super-heavyweight. Usyk is a decent well school fighter, but for me his style is too amateur and straight forward! Thus-far in his career, I have seen zero inside fighting ability from him! All I have seen is that? He like's everything at long range, well? At a height of 6"3 lets see how plans on playing the long game with these heavyweights! He is not a big puncher, and his defense thus far has worked against Cruiser-weights! But in the heavyweight division he will have to add some lateral movement 'And evolve his game!' Don't get me wrong, Usyk is a good fighter! I just don't understand the comparison people are making with him and Lomachenko!

Tony Bellew from the first bell look empty inside, and I disagree with the notion that it was one of his best performances! His muscles seemed empty, and he appeared flat to me 'Visibly weak' just like his fights at Light Heavyweight.
                  Ha ha ... funny stuff!

Comment

Working...
                  X