Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo vs. Monroe, Charlo vs. Harrison - Finalized For 12/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    As to the matchups, solid enough keep busy fights. It seems obvious that DAZN is running the 160lb division & no one not with DAZN is getting to the front of the line next I'd be willing to bet. And I'm actually a fan of all these guys. Harrison is a Michigan guy so I've been a fan of him the longest actually. He's no easy win & I think he can give Charlo some competition while likely coming up short. His stamina specifically been a problem so if this gets into the later rounds with Harrison doing well that could be where the difference between these two becomes the most obvious if it hasn't been shown already. And Monroe is always a weird cat to fight, but he's still got a bit of name & he doesn't suck at all despite that recent poor performance vs BJS. I'd hope Monroe would take a more aggressive risk taking approach with his passive counter punching style cuz he's a talented dude but he doesn't seem like a guy who's realllllllly trying to win at times.
    This is pretty much how I feel about the matchups. Harrison is a decent boxer and I think he has some pop but his stamina/mindset seems to betray his game plan. He can move and box well but he seems to gas and fold in the later rounds when pressure is exerted on him. I see him giving Jermell a good fight and ultimately gassing and getting caught around the 8th or 9th.

Willy is a skilled boxer but does just enough to win against C-level fighters and just enough to lose against the top guys of the division. I don't know if it's a risk averse thing or a confidence thing but I don't see him doing alot to dissuade Jermall or building up a lead on the cards. He doesn't punch enough in volume or power to be compelling. I think Jermell wins most or all of the rounds by just a little bit before catching and hurting Willie. Let's say it's a 7th round stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      They'll make the fight sure it just won't be for the WBC title.
      And the WBC will create some BS belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
        And the WBC will create some BS belt.
        That's grounds to sue the org if they already stated GGG needs to fight Mall to fight for their title? Only way is if ofd course Canelo pays step aside money.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          This is pretty much how I feel about the matchups. Harrison is a decent boxer and I think he has some pop but his stamina/mindset seems to betray his game plan. He can move and box well but he seems to gas and fold in the later rounds when pressure is exerted on him. I see him giving Jermell a good fight and ultimately gassing and getting caught around the 8th or 9th.

Willy is a skilled boxer but does just enough to win against C-level fighters and just enough to lose against the top guys of the division. I don't know if it's a risk averse thing or a confidence thing but I don't see him doing alot to dissuade Jermall or building up a lead on the cards. He doesn't punch enough in volume or power to be compelling. I think Jermell wins most or all of the rounds by just a little bit before catching and hurting Willie. Let's say it's a 7th round stoppage.
          Yea good point on the confidence thing. That could be something thats an issue with him.

I not too recently, but not that far back either heard a guy who manages or worked with Monroe in the past on some podcast (the name of the person or position he had with Monroe is escaping me at the moment) & he was talking about Monroe in a way that almost sounded like he had OCD or something & that when he's in the ring "he's trying to be perfect" or something along those lines. And maybe that "trying to perfect" thing lends itself to him waiting too long to throw punches & other things. I'm not doing what that guy said justice, but it really made me re-think wth Monroe is in there doing/thinking sometimes cuz he's a talented guy for sure. He's just not in that ring like he's trying to put his best effort to win the fight it seems. He's struggling with something not about his talent basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
            you know hurd isnt going to fight mell in december coming off an injury. Lara would be a good fight no idea why it wasnt perssued. who else could they have fought in december that had a good name?
            i forgot about Hurds injury but there's Lara, Liam Smith, Mungia, Kell Brook. 154 isnt exactly ripe with talent but I'd pick any of these guys over Harrison.

Jermall has kinda just been sitting in the wings waiting for a fight thats not gonna happen anytime soon. Im not saying he wont ever get those fights it just not happening now. Him fighting no hopers once a year isnt helping his cause either. Fact is no matter what the WBC or Charlo says, GGG doesnt need to go thru Charlo to get to Canelo. If Canelo wants the 3rd fight with G, it'll happen when Canelo says so. Sad reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
              jermall vs ggg is not next next. GGG can just fight Canelo next without fighting Charlo. If Charlo went to DAZN he could fight Andrade next then Canelo or Jacobs then the one left over. There are so many great matches for him over there even if he loses he still has great matches

All of you guys criticize Crawford for staying at top rank if you were not biased you must do the same thing to charlo because he did not sign with Eddie Hearns. JUst look at Jermall Last three opponents.. PBC has nothing for him
              Jermall is Nelo's mandatory so if Triple L wants Nelo he has to go through Mall. BUT we ALL KNOW Triple L & his team are afraid of Jermall Charlo. Plus we can STILL have the fights without them going to the other network.

Jermall Charlo vs golovkin!!!!

Last edited by j.razor; 10-24-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
                Wait wasn’t his previous two fights vs Heiland and Centeno showcase fights? He will have now wasted two years his entire run at middleweight is a joke. No way wbc strips Canelo. He brings too much money to the table. Canelo won’t really stay at 68. Andrade is ready to go in January.

DAZN has all the middleweights ang might still get ggg. Thats where Charlo needs to go. Even if Canelo got stripped Charlo would have a Belt but no opponents.
                Jermall does NOT have to go to dazn to get the fights. He is the mandatory so the promotion would have to work it out with the networks. hearn is the new bob arum trying to keep his fighters away from the competition.

Last edited by j.razor; 10-24-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Um, because it makes GGG the mandatory. Can he just fight Canelo without having to fight Charlo? Sure, but we will see what direction he goes in. He just lost the Murata fight so does he sign with DAZN? But you made a snide comment that Charlo "is the boogeyman doe" knowing damn well all the top options were taken. If GGG thinks Charlo is easy work, then maybe he takes him on next. Though it is more likely he takes on the winner of Derevyanchenko/Jacobs or Andrade if he can't get the Canelo trilogy.
                  I bet Triple L won't do ANY of those fights next. He is acting like a hoe & this game is for #Lions Only! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
                    I think the Charlos have great potential but it is very hard to get excited about their capabilities when they keep fighting tomatoe cans and no hopers for opposition.
                    So stop typing what you typing & type that you want the other fighters to Man Up & fight the Charlos!

Jermall vs golovkin!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Embarrassing.
                      Yes you usually are....LMMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X