Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Farmer To Gervonta Davis: Why You Not Fighting? I Want You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Man I hate when cats trying to make me do homework in a discussion lol.

I'll have to dig around for the most exact sh^t cuz that one tweet is the most cited & easiest thing to find about this, but Floyd told Tank not to bring his trainers to the start of his training camp.

What does that mean if not that his trainers aren't going to be involved. And I think any fighters who's gotten to the point Tank has would be like "wtf you talking about" with some sh^t like that.

So it seems obvious Floyd was trying to push out his trainers. I'll have to dig around about the Floyd sh^t specifically, but if it wasn't going to be Floyd it was going to be someone new & it wasn't a decision Tank was on board with & if anyone needs to be okay with a trainer it needs to be the fighter.

You can't protect a guy from himself doe like I'm saying. Floyd is with Tank to do a job not to be his daddy. Floyd's job is to get Tank fights since Tank is a professional boxer & Floyd is a promoter. If Floyd doesn't get Tank a certain number of fights per year or within a certain period of time he'll be in breach of his deal with Tank. Tank's job is to fight for Mayweather Promotions not to listen to Floyd.

Right or wrong moves being made thats the reality. And thats not saying Tank is making the wrong moves or is making the right moves cuz idk what he's doing all day long.

To me this is a Floyd being petty thing cuz I've seen how Floyd has dealt with guys in the past who weren't just happy for Floyd to be talking to them.

I remember when Weston Ferguson, Floyd's first "prodigy" was around, & he had to move out to Vegas & had to drop his long time trainer (who was Manny Steward ffs) & blah blah blah & all that type of weirdo control sh^t & that didn't work out for Weston's best benefit in this sport cuz I bet 90% of the people reading this got no clue who tf Weston is or that he was Floyd's first "future of boxing" guy. .

So I think fighters need to make their own calls for their team just like Floyd made his own calls during his career.
    So veteran fighters never have other trainers come in to their camp? They do this all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      You know this post and the whole thread of back and fourth is sobering. I don't know how old you are, but assuming you are older than 30, and a man... You look at this s a problem of obligation, of money. Thats why society is **** lol. Men think acting like men is an obligation, something to get paid for...floyd doesn't need the money! he doesn't do anything with his time but stroke his ego, why shouldn't he grow up and act like an adult, take a real interest in these kids?

its not about the money. Your absolutely correct about AB and Tank's judgement. and if Floyd with his credability showed the slightest bit of concern...not like he is protecting an investment but like an adult trying to talk to a kid...Tank would respond.

I taught High school and had a bunch of "Tanks" in my class, and as a white male was able to be loved and respected because they saw that regardless of differences I really gave a **** about them, and I did. Floyd doesn't give two ****s about tank and tank knows it, acts out, and goes to someone who will give him attention...broner. LOl its a sad situation when you have to give a man a buck to be a man, but thats all these guys care about.
      So why can't both be business men and professional? Why does Mayweather get all the judgment calling him not an adult (he has his issues but he is highly professional in boxing) whereas Tank gets the well he gets to make his mistakes. My point is, when you sign a contract you have an obligation to carry out your part of the contract. Floyd did his part for the kid. Bought him a house in Vegas gave him money to live the lifestyle tried to show him how to be a professional. Somehow that's turned into Floyd being petty and controlling. How can Floyd pay money for promoting a Tank fight if they don't know if he's going to jail for his Sept arrest? But its Floyd's fault for announcing the Mares fight then not making it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        So why can't both be business men and professional? Why does Mayweather get all the judgment calling him not an adult (he has his issues but he is highly professional in boxing) whereas Tank gets the well he gets to make his mistakes. My point is, when you sign a contract you have an obligation to carry out your part of the contract. Floyd did his part for the kid. Bought him a house in Vegas gave him money to live the lifestyle tried to show him how to be a professional. Somehow that's turned into Floyd being petty and controlling. How can Floyd pay money for promoting a Tank fight if they don't know if he's going to jail for his Sept arrest? But its Floyd's fault for announcing the Mares fight then not making it?
        I don't disagree with you I just believe there is more to it...and I don't want to sound like one of those well educated, so called progressive (should be called conditionally progressive), white liberal minded individuals, who want to be so down with the cause until my kid brings home one of the disenfranchised and wants to marry them...thats just not the lane i am trying to travel in, so it takes a bit of skill to explain my angle without sounding like im excusing, or patronizing Tank.

Try to see it this way, once a talk show did a scenario to prove a point and had women interview for a "job." The job description was herculian! It included all kinds of chores, no sleep, and at the end of the interview the whole thing is that the job is to be a "mother." Its the same thing with being a man. Being professional in your field is one thing. But even in that area, guys like Tank don't know how contracts work. Nobody has ever explained how to negotiate in your interest... Nobody talks about implications when you sign, or commitment.

I can guarantee you that Tank has no real idea how contracts work and how obligations are supposed to work. He knows that he is in the service of Mayweather promotions, and he knows he got nice **** from Floyd. its not enough, its like that job for being a mother, to simply give people things and be good in your field. Its not just Floyd either, its the whole group of these guys who have no respect for money, no respect for woman, have no ethics, want to outdo each other and act like children. Not one of those guys can stand up and be a man and mentor others.

So they are good boxers. Look at Floyd's history, he has been incarcerated, hit women, threatened and had tantrums when he did not get his way, took gifts back from women who would not be with him. Not one of these guys has shown that they will stick with a woman through thick, or thin, that they will make sacrifices for their family...and sorry toys to the kids is not making a sacrifice. if you are not raised to understand what it means to be a man, you are never going to have character and the temperment to be reliable and wise.

I agree with you that Floyd is not different. But Floyd, unlike many is in a position to make a difference, if he would mature, grow up and take some time to spend with these younger guys not going to strip clubs, and getting into contests of who has more money, 8itches, etc. How about catching a burger somewhere and a talk to Tank about the responsibility of being at a decent weight when you are under contract? that might go a long way. the tank is almost as wide as he is tall right now! And with the size of that head! lawd jeezus

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I don't disagree with you I just believe there is more to it...and I don't want to sound like one of those well educated, so called progressive (should be called conditionally progressive), white liberal minded individuals, who want to be so down with the cause until my kid brings home one of the disenfranchised and wants to marry them...thats just not the lane i am trying to travel in, so it takes a bit of skill to explain my angle without sounding like im excusing, or patronizing Tank.

Try to see it this way, once a talk show did a scenario to prove a point and had women interview for a "job." The job description was herculian! It included all kinds of chores, no sleep, and at the end of the interview the whole thing is that the job is to be a "mother." Its the same thing with being a man. Being professional in your field is one thing. But even in that area, guys like Tank don't know how contracts work. Nobody has ever explained how to negotiate in your interest... Nobody talks about implications when you sign, or commitment.

I can guarantee you that Tank has no real idea how contracts work and how obligations are supposed to work. He knows that he is in the service of Mayweather promotions, and he knows he got nice **** from Floyd. its not enough, its like that job for being a mother, to simply give people things and be good in your field. Its not just Floyd either, its the whole group of these guys who have no respect for money, no respect for woman, have no ethics, want to outdo each other and act like children. Not one of those guys can stand up and be a man and mentor others.

So they are good boxers. Look at Floyd's history, he has been incarcerated, hit women, threatened and had tantrums when he did not get his way, took gifts back from women who would not be with him. Not one of these guys has shown that they will stick with a woman through thick, or thin, that they will make sacrifices for their family...and sorry toys to the kids is not making a sacrifice. if you are not raised to understand what it means to be a man, you are never going to have character and the temperment to be reliable and wise.

I agree with you that Floyd is not different. But Floyd, unlike many is in a position to make a difference, if he would mature, grow up and take some time to spend with these younger guys not going to strip clubs, and getting into contests of who has more money, 8itches, etc. How about catching a burger somewhere and a talk to Tank about the responsibility of being at a decent weight when you are under contract? that might go a long way. the tank is almost as wide as he is tall right now! And with the size of that head! lawd jeezus
          I see where you're coming from. However, Floyd can only offer him the type of guidance he's been given. Fighting and money. Floyd Sr. and Haymon. Tank needs Virgil Hunter type guidance. However, according to others, no one else is allowed to train Tank but those who got him to where he is.

Comment

So veteran fighters never have other trainers come in to their camp? They do this all the time!
            I don't think you are following.

Training camp was starting for the Mares fight.

Tank & his team were coming out to Vegas.

Floyd said leave his trainers in Baltimore.

Tank said he wasn't leaving his trainers at home.

Fight is off lol.

That doesn't sound like some other trainer coming to help out. That sounds like Floyd was not so subtly telling Calvin & the other guy to f#ck off to me. That sounds like Floyd was doing a power move like he probably did to Weston back in the day when he was with Manny back in Detroit.

Comment

However, Floyd can only offer him the type of guidance he's been given. Fighting and money. Floyd Sr. and Haymon.
              Sh^t man Tank was down with Haymon before Floyd. If anyone should be guiding him or being his daddy let Haymon do it. Floyd ain't no example to be following. Even if you wanna be as rich as him idk you necessarily wanna follow that specific model to superstardom cuz there were a lot of bums in the road.

However, according to others, no one else is allowed to train Tank but those who got him to where he is.
              Come on man lol. Quit being silly. I'm POSITIVE Tank has been shown lil things from Floyd & the 20 mfers training at Mayweathers Gym. Thats a whole other thing then firing your team which is what it sounds like Floyd was trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I don't think you are following.

Training camp was starting for the Mares fight.

Tank & his team were coming out to Vegas.

Floyd said leave his trainers in Baltimore.

Tank said he wasn't leaving his trainers at home.

Fight is off lol.

That doesn't sound like some other trainer coming to help out. That sounds like Floyd was not so subtly telling Calvin & the other guy to f#ck off to me. That sounds like Floyd was doing a power move like he probably did to Weston back in the day when he was with Manny back in Detroit.
                That doesn't align with what you said earlier. It also doesn't align with Tanks tweet where he says they were all in Vegas when the conflict went down.

Talk about being silly...fact check bruv.

Comment

That doesn't align with what you said earlier. It also doesn't align with Tanks tweet where he says they were all in Vegas when the conflict went down.

Talk about being silly...fact check bruv.
                  Quit playing semantics brother. You're starting to bore me with arguing about some sh^t thats obviously some Floyd power play with Tank's trainers.

Comment

davis is trying to find a name fighter who is now shot or moving up in weight. those cherries don't just fall into your lap! you gotta wait for the right moment!

Comment

I see where you're coming from. However, Floyd can only offer him the type of guidance he's been given. Fighting and money. Floyd Sr. and Haymon. Tank needs Virgil Hunter type guidance. However, according to others, no one else is allowed to train Tank but those who got him to where he is.
                      now that? Is absolutely 100 percent true and that is actually a great point.

Most people forget that John F kennedy's dad was an OG, a serious OG far into liquor bootlegging and whores. He got John elected by asking his "pals" to fix things in certain districts and the mob back then could do that. So Floyd is limited but perhaps his kid will not be. jack got things done for his son "his way" and there was nothing noble, democratic, or smart about it lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X