Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Wants To End Adrien Broner in Seven Rounds or Less

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throw , Porter

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      i didnt get bent out of shape because you said a motivated broner will give pac a good fight! i called you out because of you bringing up broner's lack of motivation in his previous fights and that in this fight he will be "extra" motivated. this is what i called you out on! i know this fight will be entertaining. i was never arguing about that.
      Honestly, seriously, you have me confused with someone else if you think that I in any way dismissed Broner's previous losses on a lack of motivation. You should check out my previous posts. I did make the argument that Broner will be more motivated than ever before in his career or life to fight Pacquaio, and I stand by that assertion.

Here is the bottom line: We are in 98% agreement about this fight. We both think this is a fun and interesting match-up, despite its relatively low significance to the sport.

Comment

Broner doesn't throw enough. He will get shut out and possibly stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          WBA "regular" welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is hoping to keep his knockout streak going. As previously reported on BoxingScene.com Pacquiao is ready to get back in the ring in the United States for the first time since 2016 - against four division world champion Adrien Broner.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Easy $50m for Pac-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            Broner doesn't throw enough. He will get shut out and possibly stopped.
            This does seem to be Broner's perrenial problem, and against a buzzsaw like Pac, he could end up looking pretty bad.

He doesn't have the tools that Horn had to take the fight into the gutter and make it ugly as fook, so he's going to have to connect with something meaningful at some point.

For sure, at 40, Pac could get hit by something he would have avoided 5+ years ago, and his offence won't be the same as before, so Broner might be able to make something of the inevitable age-related flaws that will creep into Pac's game.

But yes, 'has been vs never was' pretty much sums it up. Makes for a potentially interesting fight though, even if a meaningless one.

Prediction: Pac moves forward throwing a combination. Broner does a couple of shoulder rolls, then goes in for a hug while shaking his head. For 12 rounds.....
            Last edited by angkag; 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
              It is a good fight. Just not a meaningful one in terms of ranking or who is the "best". While this is probably not a very entertaining fight on paper, unless you are a big Pac fan or big Broner hater and will enjoy seeing Adrien get pummelled and not throw any punches, it is a very interesting fight as far as personalities go. Sometimes people watch boxing just for fun, or because they are fans of a fighter. Not because they necessarily think their fighter is the best in the world.

This fight makes a lot of sense, and can make sense on PPV given the popularity of both, and I will for sure watch it. Pac humiliates Broner to the point where he retires from boxing all together in shame.
              Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
              Everybody beats up Broner. He’s so “scary”. If your going to fight at least try to make it fkn matter. Fight Loma or Mikey Garcia. Pathetic
              It’s just a tune up fight for Pac before the biggest fight of the year, Pac vs Mayweather 2, a lot of people said they wouldn’t watch it but we all know how it goes, it probably won’t be as big as the 1st one but it will still be the biggest fight of the year.
              Last edited by Bluebird; 10-19-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Seems Broner was right....turned down bobs offer, because he knew he was worth more than what TR offered and eventually got the fight.
                4 div champ vs 8 div champ
                only ONE has been ko'd b4

Comment

If Maidana couldn't knock out Broner I doubt Pacquiao will. Broner has a very good chin.

Comment

TMT presents this money maker then May vs Pac II

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      If Maidana couldn't knock out Broner I doubt Pacquiao will. Broner has a very good chin.
                      speed and awkwardness.

Comment

Working...
                      X