Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way more than half the Wilder/Fury tix have been sold.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Good we cleared exactly what up?

And Mayweather/Pacquiao made people move away from PPV so much that Mayweather/McGregor priced at the same price did 4.4 million buys? It made people move away from PPV that Canelo has done over a million four times since Mayweather/Pacquiao? Huh?

I mean if Joshua could still hit a million even at triple the current price, then he is absolutely getting screwed. Why fix something that isn't broke? Well, because HE COULD MAKE THREE TIMES AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CURRENTLY IS MAKING. Something tells me while many people would still buy his PPV, it wouldn't be a million every time out and then it would Sky's ability to put on other PPVs.
    joshua has earnt 50 million in his last 3 fights and wilder has earnt 6 million now what exactly has joshua failed on compared to wilder ? GTFOH clueless

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      joshua has earnt 50 million in his last 3 fights and wilder has earnt 6 million now what exactly has joshua failed on compared to wilder ? GTFOH clueless
      I won't quote both posts, but address both in this one.

You said PPV is dying and people went away from it after Mayweather/Pacquiao, correct? I gave you FIVE examples of fights that produced over a million buys after that fight. Mayweather/McGregor, Canelo vs Cotto, Canelo vs Jr and Canelo vs GGG 2x. So how exactly can you say that? HBO left boxing because PPVs are dying? Huh? No, that is actually not why they left boxing. They left boxing because they no longer had PBC/TR which produces much of the best talent stateside. They were still doing fine with PPVs off the back of Canelo.

So you said Joshua had made $50 million in his last three fights....Um okay? When did I say otherwise? When did i say he didn't make more money than Wilder? Do you even know what you are arguing at this point?

If you can't have an intelligent conversation then just move on. You are all over the place now and just blurting out BS.

Comment

You said PPV is dying and people went away from it after Mayweather/Pacquiao, correct? I gave you FIVE examples of fights that produced over a million buys after that fight. Mayweather/McGregor, Canelo vs Cotto, Canelo vs Jr and Canelo vs GGG 2x. So how exactly can you say that? HBO left boxing because PPVs are dying? Huh? No, that is actually not why they left boxing. They left boxing because they no longer had PBC/TR which produces much of the best talent stateside. They were still doing fine with PPVs off the back of Canelo.

So you said Joshua had made $50 million in his last three fights....Um okay? When did I say otherwise? When did i say he didn't make more money than Wilder? Do you even know what you are arguing at this point?

If you can't have an intelligent conversation then just move on. You are all over the place now and just blurting out BS.
        Id say a case can be made that PPV is dying when the 5 fights you mentioned featured either a huge crossover star in mcgregor, because it wasnt floyd that sold all them PPV's and the others featured one or both huge hispanic draws.

If the huge Hispanic draw is no longer PPV, and the biggest American boxing star in the WBC HW champion isnt even selling a third of the amount you use as an example, a case can be made that PPV is dying in the states, or will do if the price points arent drastically reduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          Id say a case can be made that PPV is dying when the 5 fights you mentioned featured either a huge crossover star in mcgregor, because it wasnt floyd that sold all them PPV's and the others featured one or both huge hispanic draws.

If the huge Hispanic draw is no longer PPV, and the biggest American boxing star in the WBC HW champion isnt even selling a third of the amount you use as an example, a case can be made that PPV is dying in the states, or will do if the price points arent drastically reduced.
          He SPECIFICALLY mentioned after Mayweather/Pacquiao that PPVs were dying. That simply was not the case and was false. Canelo/GGG just recently did over a million buys, so it is still fine to this day. If you are going to compare Wilder or anyone to Canelo or Mayweather, of course they are going fail in comparison. Those were the cash cows. But that is a completely different argument.

Comment

He SPECIFICALLY mentioned after Mayweather/Pacquiao that PPVs were dying. That simply was not the case and was false. Canelo/GGG just recently did over a million buys, so it is still fine to this day. If you are going to compare Wilder or anyone to Canelo or Mayweather, of course they are going fail in comparison. Those were the cash cows. But that is a completely different argument.
            im suggesting a case can be made for PPV dieing when it doesnt contain a hispanic fighter or huge crossover star.

Of course the generalisation of PPV being dead since then doesnt hold merit, but now with mayweather gone and canelo fighting on a subscription platform..i cannot see any of the currently planned PBC PPV's doing even 400k in the future.

People can point at the financials garnered by that buy rate and absolutely use it as an argument to suggest it isnt dying by those numbers because of revenue generated, but if the current calibre of PPV's are what is to be expected going forward a'la pac-broner then.. it wont even stay at those figures for too long

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              im suggesting a case can be made for PPV dieing when it doesnt contain a hispanic fighter or huge crossover star.

Of course the generalisation of PPV being dead since then doesnt hold merit, but now with mayweather gone and canelo fighting on a subscription platform..i cannot see any of the currently planned PBC PPV's doing even 400k in the future.

People can point at the financials garnered by that buy rate and absolutely use it as an argument to suggest it isnt dying by those numbers because of revenue generated, but if the current calibre of PPV's are what is to be expected going forward a'la pac-broner then.. it wont even stay at those figures for too long
              Right now do I see a PBC fighter or any fighter stateside doing 400k buys on a stand alone PPV? No, but can I see say Spence vs Crawford eventually being that type of fight? Yes, and of course if you put Wilder/Joshua on PPV, that will have a chance to do a million+.

Doing 400k is not easy though, and wasn't easy for even Canelo to do without a solid name B side opponent. He had plenty of fighters where he was in the 300-350k range, same with Mayweather before the DLH fight. Pacman as well. You need a breakout fight and opponent to start touching those numbers.

Pacquiao vs Broner on PPV is fine. Every fight Pacquiao fights in the states is going to be PPV with his guarantee. A better argument for a fight being on PPV that really shouldn't is Spence vs Garcia. They aren't there yet to be fighting on PPV against anyone not named Pacquiao or Mayweather.

Comment

what exactly are you trying to say here ?
                You mentioned mayweather vs mcgregor ? Do you class this fight as a true boxing event ?
                How many ppvs did mayweather do against berto 450k yes ?
                How many buys did canelo do against smith 475k yeah ?
                Nice to know that your actually quoting fighters who are all time legends and proven ppv stars and your asking joshua to compete with those numbers when he relatively new to the states and has never boxed in the usa.
                4 years ago canelo vs golovkin would have done way more that 1.1 million which shows ppv has lost its shine and it will continue to fade till it is phased out.
                How many ppv buys did ward vs kovalev do...i think it was 275k and that conidering how good both fighters are is very weak.
                Your mentioning canelo vs chavez jnr ? Well they both have ahuge mexican following and that it was attracted the 1 million buys.
                As i said before ppv is dying and even top of the drawer fights hardly make 1 million now.
                And 300k for a world heavyweight title fight involving an american champion and ex champion is weak.
                Obviously you have no idea who a good business module works.
                Sell at a reasonable cost you attract more customers
                Over charge and most people go another route
                You quoting mayweather vs mcgregor shows just how deluded you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  what exactly are you trying to say here ?
                  You mentioned mayweather vs mcgregor ? Do you class this fight as a true boxing event ?
                  How many ppvs did mayweather do against berto 450k yes ?
                  How many buys did canelo do against smith 475k yeah ?
                  Nice to know that your actually quoting fighters who are all time legends and proven ppv stars and your asking joshua to compete with those numbers when he relatively new to the states and has never boxed in the usa.
                  4 years ago canelo vs golovkin would have done way more that 1.1 million which shows ppv has lost its shine and it will continue to fade till it is phased out.
                  How many ppv buys did ward vs kovalev do...i think it was 275k and that conidering how good both fighters are is very weak.
                  Your mentioning canelo vs chavez jnr ? Well they both have ahuge mexican following and that it was attracted the 1 million buys.
                  As i said before ppv is dying and even top of the drawer fights hardly make 1 million now.
                  And 300k for a world heavyweight title fight involving an american champion and ex champion is weak.
                  Obviously you have no idea who a good business module works.
                  Sell at a reasonable cost you attract more customers
                  Over charge and most people go another route
                  You quoting mayweather vs mcgregor shows just how deluded you are.
                  Um, was Mayweather/McGregor not a boxing event? So yes, that counts as a boxing PPV.

Canelo vs Smith did far less than 475k buys. Canelo vs Khan on the other hand did 600k buys. Why did you even mention the Smith fight...And why did you mention it as "475k" buys shows PPV are dying and not a good number? Against Smith, that would have been a VERY good number. But he did closer to 300k than 475k. Guess what? BEFORE Mayweather/Pacquiao, there were fights Canelo was doing in the 300-350k range.

WHEN DID I EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT JOSHUA DOING MAYWEATHER OR CANELO NUMBERS IN THE STATES? When the hell did I ever bring that up? Again, what are YOU even arguing here?

You first mentioned PPVs were going away after Mayweather/Pacquiao and I proved to you how wrong you were. Then you start bringing up Joshua fighting in the states on PPVs out of the blue as if that was ever discussed. Then when Canelo vs Jr does over a million you say both are Mexicans with huge fan bases. WTF? If PPV was dying after Mayweather/Pacquiao, how did that fight even do those numbers?

And Canelo vs GGG did 1.1 million buys...NOT including the streaming buys. Streaming is far more bigger now than it ever has been and they never offered streaming PPVs in the past.

Since clearly you are all over the place, let me help you get back to the main arguing point here. You said if Wilder/Fury does 300k buys, that is embarrassing. I said that is not true and 300k would be a good number. Lets leave it at that and move on now. Cool?

Comment

• I've have heard nothing about this fight. No press no buzz for it at all. pbc can't promote for ****. It will do poorly.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                      I've have heard nothing about this fight. No press no buzz for it at all. pbc can't promote for ****. It will do poorly.
                      SHut up and worry about that trash Hearn is bringing to Kansas thats only sold 1k tickets. No buzz and the worst card in boxing history. Horrible promoter and desperate to sign a PBC fighter because his stable is trash

Comment

Working...
                      X