Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post

Hearn says Wilder/Fury potentially might not even crack 250k.
    Explains Alvarez & the future of PPV, GEE & Charlo
    Hearn says a lot of dumb ****. He's a promoter lol Just check StubHub right now, it shows that there are only 864 tickets available for purchase to the Wilder v. Fury fight.

AXS (the management company for Staples) only has tickets left that are $207 and up.

If safe to say the fight is trending very well here lol

Comment

"IF you want AJ or Canelo you have to BE on DAZN" - Hearn

(Sounds like they are NOT looking to do any collabo's anytime soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Hearn says a lot of dumb ****. He's a promoter lol Just check StubHub right now, it shows that there are only 864 tickets available for purchase to the Wilder v. Fury fight.

AXS (the management company for Staples) only has tickets left that are $207 and up.

If safe to say the fight is trending very well here lol
        What’s the capacity for this mega fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          I’m starting to lose interest in pbc/ Mayweather Promotions. Pbc has had so many times to capitalize on big fights and failed. For example Haymon Should of put Khan Garcia2 in the UK when he had the chance. Some of the moves he makes just has me scratching my head. So many missed opportunities.

And Floyd should just sell Badou Jack and Tank. He doesn’t want to be a promoter.
          If you want to see DSG/khan again then no wonder why you complaining about PBC/Mayweather....LMMFAO!! Sell Badou/Tank? Why to help the weak a*s espn or dazn? F that. They have all the Champions & everyone else is avoiding them. For example, tell Triple L to MAN UP & fight Jermall Charlo.

Comment

Personally, as a boxing fan and from a consumer standpoint, I like what DAZN is doing. They are giving us more boxing while cutting the prices in order to keep the consumers coming.

However, from a business standpoint, one would have to think they are bunch damn fools for pouring this much money down a venture on a sport that is no longer popular or mainstream stateside. We are not talking about the NFL or the NBA here.

They are taking a huge gamble and risk here. The less likely a consumer sees there favorite boxer on television the less likely they would probably be willing to follow them onto a new platform.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              Boks on the warpath again.....legend lol
              Evil never sleeps, so do I!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                And canelo has had the shine for over a month
                Sissy azz Floyd can’t take it
                It’s fawking hilarious
                Remember Oscars call out for a boycott? That's what happens when you mess with the bull, you get the horns....LOL....now that's fawking hilarious....LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  SMART tv's have been around for over 6 years now and have been a standard on low mid-range TV's for the best part of 4 years.... I know because i worked for LG electronics when it was in its infancy in customer service.

it takes roughly 4/6 mbps to stream 1080p video on a service such as netflix

If no bars in your area have a TV thats less than 4 years old and dont have a dedicated hardline or closed wifi for the TV of 10mbps.. you live in a **** hole and need to move.
                  I actually live in the LA area and have yet to find a bar or sports bar that streams any sports. Netflix isn't a live stream though. I understand smart TVs have been around but does that mean that a bar or sports bar thats been around longer has upgraded their tvs to smart tvs? Dave and Buster and BWW are 2 places that I've asked their managers and they pretty much said they aren't set up to stream fights on apps.

Comment

This would make sense if we didn't have 4 of the largest PPVs ever in the last 3 years lol The infrastructure around PPV has never been stronger especially with social media as a distribution channel.

Last 3 years...
                    4.6M - Floyd/Manny
                    4.3M - Floyd/Conor
                    2.5M - Conor
                    1.6M - Conor
                    1.3M - Canelo
                    1.1M - Canelo
                    1M - Canelo

DAZN isn't a threat to PPV. People will always pay for events. That's just life.

DAZN is going after ESPN's 85M subs, many of whom hate their cable bundles.

This isn't about PPV, but I dont expect boxing people to understand this fully lol
                    Fight pass has been around for years. PPV is still the bulk of UFC's surplus. It's the key revenue driver of their business model.
                    I definitely agree that the UFC isn't moving away from a PPV model, they're using the TV and streaming deals to put on more events in more countries (and states) and kept a similar number of PPV events regardless.

It does seem like there are far less boxing PPV's these days though, but
                    are you saying the numbers don't back that up? I'd be surprised if year by year there are more of them now than there were 5 or more years ago.

Comment

I am still waiting to read incredibly stupid stuff on this on agreement from GGG, Abel Sanchez, and the GGG cheerleaders. They will cry, whine and complain because GGG was ignored, or more specifically, has become irrelevant. And of course, they will blame Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X